Scheduled Build Week: 2/18/13

Scheduled Build Date: 2/18/13

Actual Build Date: 2/19/13

Released from Factory for Shipping: 3/4/13

Rail car ID available: TBD

Estimated Delivery Date: TBD

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: WA

Heads up for Florida residents. Like most of us, I was expecting to actually be driving my new Fusion already. My lease on my old car was up on Feb 20th. So I am officially carless. Unofficially I am borrowing my Dad's car. Here is "The Rub". Florida does not let you continue insurance on a car you no longer lease or own. But if you go without any insurance (since you don't have another car to insure) for more than 30 days, your insurance rates will increase. Florida pretty much assures you will get screwed over if you go anytime without your own vehicle. So far the options as I can find are:

1. Don't notify/cancel you old insurance until you know for sure your picking up your fusion in less than a month. (I can't say if this is legal or not)

2. Start Insurance on your Fusion early. They really just need the VIN. (I don't like paying full coverage for the extra months it could take to get my Fusion)

3. If you are living with anyone else, parents, gf, bf, or roommate, have them add you to their policy and just pay the difference. You do have to be living with them for it to be legal, provided you're not still claimed as a dependent by your parents. (This is probably the cheapest option)

Model: Deep Impact Blue Metallic 2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium (P0R, 900A, 53B, 55M, 90A)
Price: X-Plan $33055.19

Date Ordered: 12/27/12
VIN Available:
3/4/13
VIN #: 3FA6P0RU4DR281842

Window Sticker Available: ?
Scheduled Build Week: ?

Scheduled Build Date: ?
State: FL

I was looking at the VIN's on taylorjd's table... It looks like the 2 digits after the DR in the VIN correspond to the build week...

DR23 - week of January 14 (found one online with this build week - 3FA6P0PU3DR233123)

DR24 - week of February 4

DR25 - week of February 18

DR27 - week of March 18

DR28 - week of March 25

Let see if this holds up as additional VIN's and build weeks are reported.

Regards,
APM

Positions 1-3 = World Manufacturer Identifier

Position 4 = Restraint System Type, Brake Type and GVWR Class (Trucks & Vans only)

Positions 5-7 = Line, Series, Body Type

Position 8 = Engine Type

Position 9 = Check Digit

Position 10 = Model Year

Position 11 = Assembly Plant

Positions 22-17 = Production Sequence Number

Edited by Fastronaut

I was looking at the VIN's on taylorjd's table... It looks like the 2 digits after the DR in the VIN correspond to the build week...

DR23 - week of January 14 (found one online with this build week - 3FA6P0PU3DR233123)

DR24 - week of February 4

DR25 - week of February 18

DR27 - week of March 18

DR28 - week of March 25

Let see if this holds up as additional VIN's and build weeks are reported.

Regards,

APM

I've got the second lowest number and no build date yet. I just checked with @fordservice via twitter and they confirmed no build date/week is listed yet.

Of course, I'd be very happy if I am scheduled to the March 18 week in accordance with your observation.

Hopefully, on this Thursday night (March 7th), the system will be updated with my build week and I will be able to access my window sticker.

It doesn't matter. Retail orders get priority before any dealer stock orders and it doesn't matter whether they're X plan or not.

Thats not true with specialty vehicles. Energi, Hybrid, Raptor, GT500 are all specialty. So when a Dealer receives allocation for vehicles, the Dealer decides what they want built, not the order type, not the order #, not the factory and not even the priority.

When I get allocation for Energi's, I give Ford what order #'s I want picked up. Now of course if you have a retail order, it would be smart to give that one to Ford, but we all know that isn't happening.

Thats not true with specialty vehicles. Energi, Hybrid, Raptor, GT500 are all specialty. So when a Dealer receives allocation for vehicles, the Dealer decides what they want built, not the order type, not the order #, not the factory and not even the priority.

When I get allocation for Energi's, I give Ford what order #'s I want picked up. Now of course if you have a retail order, it would be smart to give that one to Ford, but we all know that isn't happening.

Hi fusionfan11,

Could you comment as to how many allocations for Fusion Energi's and Hybrid's did your dealer receive for March... My dealer (Metro Ford in Miami, FL). mentioned that they received 2 allocations for Energi's for March and they used one of those for my order. Another question I have is could have they received an additional allocation for an Energi because they were able to show my retail order to the Ford Rep? I'm still wondering why they are only selling retail orders on X-Plan... the only way this would make sense is if they were able to get an additional allocation, otherwise is a wash...

I have not tried to negotiate a trade of my retail order for a stock order, but I'm still planning to, but the one I'm waiting for is still stuck at the factory.

Interesting thing happened to me during a visit to the dealer this weekend... I was talking to the sales person that placed my order, he was telling me that they had sold a few Fusion Energi's and I told him that it wasn't possible because the car is not "available" yet, as we all painfully know. So he goes to another guy, not sure if it was the manager, to confirm, and of course he gets confirmation that he is wrong... this is the funny part... this guys turns to me and tells me.. you know that you will only be able to go 20 miles on this car before you need to recharge, right? I could not believe it! I replied in jest... I work out of my house, so that should be enough for me.

One one hand they are trying to say that the cars are in high demand so they can sell them at MSRP, but on the other hand they are turning people away from it... If I had not known as much as I know about the car, I probably would have walked away thinking that this was not a car but a toy.

Also, during this visit I got to drive a C-Max Energi (which has been sitting there since last time I went there about 3 weeks ago... so much for high demand!). This time it was about 80% charged and it showed 17 miles left of all electric range. I have only one word to describe the experience - IMPRESSIVE! and keep in mind I already drive 2010 Fusion Hybrid... Incredibly quiet and very fast in all electric... The only negative about the test drive was that it made me want my Fusion Energi even faster!!!!!!

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

I know that's the case for Energis, Raptors and GT500s but I did not think that was the case for hybrids (or in this case a hybrid titanium).

Positions 1-3 = World Manufacturer Identifier

Position 4 = Restraint System Type, Brake Type and GVWR Class (Trucks & Vans only)

Positions 5-7 = Line, Series, Body Type

Position 8 = Engine Type

Position 9 = Check Digit

Position 10 = Model Year

Position 11 = Assembly Plant

Positions 22-17 = Production Sequence Number

Hi Fastronaut,

I don't diasgree with the meaning above and I may be wrong with my oberservation, however, I read somewhere that Ford can build 6700 cars a week in Hermosiilo, so they may be skiping numbers so that the week starts with a new digit in position 13. Just conjecture on my part!

Regards,

APM

Edited by apm

I don't diasgree with the meaing above and I may be wrong with my oberservation, however, I read somewhere that Ford can build 6700 cars a week in Hermosiilo, so they may be skiping numbers so that the week starts with a new digit in position 13.

Notice LongIslander's VIN. The 14th digit is a 7, the next 3 digits are 005. My guess is that that will be the 5th Fusion built that week.

Hi Fastronaut,

I don't diasgree with the meaing above and I may be wrong with my oberservation, however, I read somewhere that Ford can build 6700 cars a week in Hermosiilo, so they may be skiping numbers so that the week starts with a new digit in position 13. Just conjecture on my part!

Regards,

APM

The table comes directly from Ford Motor Company. I do not know if they use the trailing digits to denote weeks, but I doubt it.

Notice LongIslander's VIN. The 14th digit is a 7, the next 3 digits are 005. My guess is that that will be the 5th Fusion built that week.

That VIN is DR277... the first seven (DR27) is the one I was refering to. All the VIN's with DR27 have built week of March 18. There are only 2 exceptions on the table because those two don't have build weeks yet DR277036 and DR272365.. all the rest follow the pattern.

Regards,

APM