Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

I'm not sure if anyone has touched up on this already (if so, maybe someone can point me in the right direction), but does anyone know why there's only 1 wheel option for the HyTi?

I asked Ford about this directly when I bought my current FFH. It is completely a matter of function over choice. The wheels are made to reduce drag. If you take a look at the HyTi or the NRG compared to another Fusion, you will find all kinds of little things they do to tweak this. Some of these include a boat load of undercarriage fairings, little "wings" in front of the tires, etc.

I wish there were some additional choices as well, but I'd like them to simply be a bit different, not necessarily open and thus reduce mileage. A darker painted wheel like what comes on an MKZ Hybrid with the preferred equipment group comes to mind. (simply outstanding IMHO). Of course I also wish Ford would allow the Lincoln color "Smoked Quartz" too. I love that!

• Like 1

Hoping for a favorable Cyberdman update this morning. Etis indicates my car build date was 3/22 (as Cyberdman foretold). Seems like several others from that day successfully made it onto a train.

Road trip planned for 4/7. Sure would love to get my car 4/6 or sooner.

I hope all others get their cars soon as well.

Hoping for a favorable Cyberdman update this morning. Etis indicates my car build date was 3/22 (as Cyberdman foretold). Seems like several others from that day successfully made it onto a train.

Road trip planned for 4/7. Sure would love to get my car 4/6 or sooner.I hope all others get their cars soon as well.

My Energi was also built on 3/22 and I too have a road trip planned soon after, on 4/13.

I wasn't sure about breaking it in on a drive to Florida. I'll have to see if anything is in the manual.

Cyberdman confirmed my HyTi made it onto a rail car.

WoooooHooooooooo!

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX850111 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Mar-25-2013, 17:00 MT.

ETA Apr-09-2013.

The rail tracking via phone said the car, "...pulled away from customer location at 6:50PM on March 25th"

Edited by Former Expedition owner

Road trip planned for 4/7. Sure would love to get my car 4/6 or sooner.

I hope all others get their cars soon as well.

I know where your coming from. I have a roadtrip to Norfolk, Va on 4/5. But the delivery date on the car is 4/7. I guess it's put more mileage on the trade in.

The 18" tires on the Hybrid are also low rolling resistance and they don't seem to affect MPGs ... Lots of info on these on the hybrid forum.

Sorry the 18'' wheels are not energy saver or low rolling resistance tires.

2013 Fusion Tires and brands
Fusion S - 215/60R16 95H Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max
Fusion SE - 235/50R17 96H Michelin Energy Saver AS
SE upgrade - 235/45R18 94V Goodyear Eagle LS2
Hybrid - 225/50R17 93V Michelin Energy Saver AS
Hybrid upgrade - 235/45R18 94V Goodyear Eagle LS2
Titanium - 235/45R18 94V Goodyear Eagle LS2
Titanium upgrade - 235/40R19 96V Continental ContiProContact
The Goodyear Eagle LS2 is not a low rolling resistance tire. The Goodyear low rolling resistance tire is called "Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max"
I looked into this back in November last year soon after I ordered My Fusion. At that time there was a lot of discussion on this forum concerning Fusion tires.
Edited by chuckokie36

Joveri,

Looks like your getting a FFH TI ? is that correct? Going to California? What area?

I am ordering this week, hoping for sweet fast turn around like you got. Shipping to Southern California.

Of course, Ruby Red I am told may slow it down, but we shall see :)

I am watching your progress :) Your order may be most similar to mine.

Is there a window sticker yet?

Apr-09-2013 Did you find out your rail car number? Wondering if we are on the same train?

No. Can't go to Cyberdman until Thursday. So I'm calling the dealer today. Want to make sure they don't put thier website logo on the back, and also want the illuminated sills put on when they install the alarm system. Will update you later.

No. Can't go to Cyberdman until Thursday. So I'm calling the dealer today. Want to make sure they don't put thier website logo on the back, and also want the illuminated sills put on when they install the alarm system. Will update you later.

Cyberdman clarified for someone last week that you get one update per week - it doesn't have to be a full week between updates. If you get an update on Thursday, you can get another update on Monday, but then you must wait a full week until the next Monday to get another update.

So am I reading this correct, that once a car gets to it's actual build date, then it get's done that day and onto a rail car the next day? If lucky and no problems?

It can take 3 to 4 days to get loaded on a rail car. I guess potentially it could roll out the door an onto a car if all the stars were aligned, but most seem to take a couple of days to pair up with a full rail car going in the same direction. They go through some process where they must be released from the factory before they ship. It was a week for mine - dates are in my signature - others have their build and ship dates there as well.

Cyberdman clarified for someone last week that you get one update per week - it doesn't have to be a full week between updates. If you get an update on Thursday, you can get another update on Monday, but then you must wait a full week until the next Monday to get another update.

Didn't know that. Thought it was once every 7 days. Thanks.

It was pluggedin who got the clarification from Cyberdman:

...one update per week is a guideline to make things run smoother for me and less hectic, but it doesn't have to be a week to the day. Just one per calendar week is the requirement.

Sorry the 18'' wheels are not energy saver or low rolling resistance tires.

2013 Fusion Tires and brands
Fusion S - 215/60R16 95H Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max
Fusion SE - 235/50R17 96H Michelin Energy Saver AS
SE upgrade - 235/45R18 94V Goodyear Eagle LS2
Hybrid - 225/50R17 93V Michelin Energy Saver AS
Hybrid upgrade - 235/45R18 94V Goodyear Eagle LS2
Titanium - 235/45R18 94V Goodyear Eagle LS2
Titanium upgrade - 235/40R19 96V Continental ContiProContact
The Goodyear Eagle LS2 is not a low rolling resistance tire. The Goodyear low rolling resistance tire is called "Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max"
I looked into this back in November last year soon after I ordered My Fusion. At that time there was a lot of discussion on this forum concerning Fusion tires.

Well, there's the problem - you're referencing a Prius page :) LOL J/k.

Really though, I'm pretty sure these are LRR tires. It's been confirmed by acdii with Goodyear - see the 4th post in this thread:

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/5778-swap-tires-goodyear-eagle-ls2s-to-michelin-primacy-mxm4s-vs-conti-purecontact/

I also just chatted with Belle Tire (our local tire shop) and they confirmed they're LRR tires too.

Well, there's the problem - you're referencing a Prius page :) LOL J/k.

Really though, I'm pretty sure these are LRR tires. It's been confirmed by acdii with Goodyear - see the 4th post in this thread:

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/5778-swap-tires-goodyear-eagle-ls2s-to-michelin-primacy-mxm4s-vs-conti-purecontact/

I also just chatted with Belle Tire (our local tire shop) and they confirmed they're LRR tires too.

From what I recall of the November research is that the Goodyear LS2 is a LRR tire but does not get the rating or reviews that the Michelin gets. Back then Michelin did not make the 18" LRR with the same specs. I have the Michelins on my 2010 FFH, and I can coast forever.

• Like 1

TaylorJD, They moved my ETA up to 4/6 (per Eric at Ford). Still trying to get a rail ETTX number from my salesperson.

My train is moving pretty quick! It already left Herington, Kansas this morning. Here's a map of the UP rail system, which shows most of the stops.

http://www.up.com/cs/groups/public/documents/up_pdf_nativedocs/pdf_gross_weight_2_up_maps.pdf

BTW, my ETA is also April 6th !!!

Scratch that I am the first without ETIS info. The two before me were built yesterday. Mine should populate between today and tomorrow. Witch is good. I would rather be built on a Tuesday. Less likely to have any quality issues than cars built on a Friday or Monday.

Edited by captinkirk