Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Make sure you're looking at the right price. The bigger price probably includes destination if I had to guess.

Nope, it's the actual base price before any Destination or anything else. I have my original Order Confirmation and the base invoice is $29,705. When I go to www.myplan.ford.com and look up the X-Plan build prices it comes up "Starting X-Plan Price" as $30,315 then add in Options and Destination after that. Looks like fully loaded my price increases by $874. So I could either wait a 6-7 weeks and then another 90 days (if I'm lucky) to get a refund from Ford. Or I can pickup my car in less than 3 weeks and eat the extra cost... I just recently rec'd a $750 coupon so I guess it doesn't matter much. Besides I've been able to save an extra $6k for a down payment since Jan 1 when I ordered the car.

Id love to see a thread on what rates everyone is getting also. I have a credit union that's going to do 2.09 for 60 months, but am hoping they can find me a better rate also. Would love to see 1.5 on 60.

USAA offered 2.25%, but my dealer beat that by offering me 1.49%. This was for $33K for 48 months.

Yay, so now I get to redo my deal luckily I have an X-Plan PIN so not much to it. However I noticed the invoice price has increased from $29,705 in Jan to $30,315. Over this same time period the MSRP dropped $100.

Anyone else notice this? What happens to those deals that were signed under the Jan (Job1) pricing when you go pick up your car does the price change or do you get the original price?

Pricing on ALL retail orders is locked in as of the day that Ford originally receives the order as submitted by the Dealer.

• Like 1

Nope, it's the actual base price before any Destination or anything else. I have my original Order Confirmation and the base invoice is $29,705. When I go to www.myplan.ford.com and look up the X-Plan build prices it comes up "Starting X-Plan Price" as $30,315 then add in Options and Destination after that. Looks like fully loaded my price increases by $874. So I could either wait a 6-7 weeks and then another 90 days (if I'm lucky) to get a refund from Ford. Or I can pickup my car in less than 3 weeks and eat the extra cost... I just recently rec'd a $750 coupon so I guess it doesn't matter much. Besides I've been able to save an extra $6k for a down payment since Jan 1 when I ordered the car.

As I replied to another message in this thread... ALL retail orders are price protected as of the day that Ford received the original order from the Dealer. The customer doesn't have to do anything as the process is automatic. In rare cases where there's a pricing issue the Dealer files a claim with Ford and Ford credits the Dealer directly. If I understand your message correctly, there are no refunds paid by Ford to its customers with the retail order price protection process that's been in effect for many years.

So what is the deal with price increase? If you negotiate a price with the dealer and place an order, aren't they supposed to honor the original price? Isn't it price fraud if they don't?

See my response to other's questions about pricing! In short, all retail orders are automatically price protected to the date that the order was received by Ford.

They are physical buttons. Now if I could just figure out how to open the rear doors from the inside. I always have to let my passengers out of the rear seats. :doh:

If the child safety feature isn't enabled, try pulling the door handle twice: once to unlock & once to open the door.

Ice-Capades,

Assuming my dealer puts in my order today as they said they would, when would they have a DORA? Is it immediate or does it take a day?

I am asking because they said they would provide it, and I don't want to ask if they don't get it immediately.

I am assuming it would have the color and options on it.

Ice-Capades,

Assuming my dealer puts in my order today as they said they would, when would they have a DORA? Is it immediate or does it take a day?

I am asking because they said they would provide it, and I don't want to ask if they don't get it immediately.

When you place the order you should at least get a printout of the Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) which will have the color and options listed on it, I got this when I placed my order so you should be able to get this as your immediate verification that the dealer didn't input something wrong. Ice Capades can give the proper answer on the DORA, but I assume acts as a confirmation from Ford's side that the order placed (as shown on the VOC) is a proper config and was thus accepted.

Thanks Jeff,

I just have to stay on them. They may try and be sly about it and place the order on Thursday when they normally do their orders. If they don't place the order today as they said they would, then I am done with them. To many lies. I told them my #1 thing is that they are honest, so this is their last chance.

It depends on where you are... at least in CT it's not uncommon for us to get carrier deliveries on the weekends.

I'm north of Philadelphia and the CSX distribution center is southwest of Philadelphia.

My salesman, who was in NY at the time, told me via email that they don't get deliveries on Saturday.

So the wait goes on. Today is the last day of the 12th week since I placed the order.

See my response to other's questions about pricing! In short, all retail orders are automatically price protected to the date that the order was received by Ford.

IceCapades - thanks for your insight. I figured as much as well on the price being locked in at order time. We got the $400 price increase last month on the Fusion. When we got to the dealer to do final negotiations the dealer became as slimy as many others seem to be (you are excluded here). To order the car it took 45 minutes and the best experience ever. I'm done working with handshakes and good will though. When the car arrived they said they wouldn't sell the car at the price we had agreed to on the order date. Said they would have to eat the cost of the price increase so it was getting passed along. I was happy up front when we ordered - the deal was $500 below invoice. Nothing more/nothing less. After the deal was done though - they tacked on the $400 increase and another $200 dent and ding insurance contract they swore they adjusted the price of the car for (the dealer owns the "company" that does that repair).

I questioned both, but my signature wasn't the one going on the purchase - it was my partners, he was just ready to sign and walk out the door - it happens to many. I was ready to challenge both, but he said just move on. I didn't have a copy of the DORA - although we signed it to commit to the order and we didn't leave the dealership with the final PO information as the loan didn't get funded for a few days. They mailed it to us a few days later

So while they agreed to sell $500 below invoice - they ended up selling for probably $100 over. We took the $400 increase and the $200 was not adjusted out of the final negotiation price - it was truly tacked on.

So - if you are looking for a dealership in Dallas Texas I would add Bob Tomes Ford as another to avoid or go in with your suit of armor as you'll have to deal with the slime there as well.

I personally drive a pickup and while I'm about 95% sure I'll finally leave GMC and move to Ford in the next year, this all makes me want to stay with GMC as Sewell GMC is one of the best most straight forward dealers I've ever dealt with. I've never seen anyone be as straight forward as they are and not waiver. The dealer could honestly be enough down the road to keep me a GM driver although I'm liking the Ford product better. I prefer not to go back to any of the 3 Ford dealerships we dealt with on this purchase. Not sure where I'll go - at least there are many options in the Dallas area - guess I'll have to try and find another one.

I just have to stay on them. They may try and be sly about it and place the order on Thursday when they normally do their orders. If they don't place the order today as they said they would, then I am done with them. To many lies. I told them my #1 thing is that they are honest, so this is their last chance.

Well I have seen in posts made by Ice Capades or others who are knowledgeable in the process that Thursday is when orders are pulled for scheduling actions etc, but dealers do NOT have to wait until Thursday to place orders, in fact if they wait until Thursday they might miss the boat until the following week's pulls.

I placed my order on a Wednesday evening and walked away with a printed copy of my VOC, didn't get a copy of the DORA later but also didn't ask for it, started a cyberdman thread a couple weeks later and saw that it was unscheduled-clean as of the date that I placed the order.

Ice-Capades,

The Dealer should be able to give you a copy of the CONCEPS Order Confirmation Screen which will include all the vehicle information such as Order Number, Order Type, Body Code, Priority Code, Equipment Group Number, Engine & Transmission, Exterior Color & Interior Trim and any additional options for the vehicle. Orders placed today will be processed overnight and DORA's sent to the Dealer to be printed along with their Ford daily transmitted communications tomorrow morning.

Of the two documents, it's the DORA that serves as confirmation that the vehicle order was actually placed and processed by Ford!

Thanks Jeff,

Ford scheduling is done early, early each Thursday morning. Any Dealer ordering vehicles once a week or on Thursday's is missing a week's opportunity to get their retail orders scheduled. As the 2013 Fusion is now in "balance out" scheduling for the 2013 Model Year the best availability for commodities is sooner rather than later. Even though only minor changes are anticipated for the 2014 Fusion it's still possible that the availability of certain commodities could be exhausted before scheduling is completed for the 2013 Model Year.

As such, the earlier that retail orders are placed, the better the chances that the vehicle will get scheduled! The best policy is for Dealers to place retail orders as soon as they are received, subject to financing approval delays if necessary.

I place retail orders within hours of the deals being approved by a manager and place retail orders 6 days/week! Our retail orders are also prioritized so that they get scheduled in the order they were placed.

Please let me know if I've missed anything or can try to answer any other questions!

Thanks!

Joey Tetreault

Bob Thomas Ford (Hamden, CT)

Joy Joy - I just got a coupon for $750.00 private cash by mail.

Has my dealers name on it, so guess it's only good at my current dealer, and also says it can't be combined with any other "Private or Commercial offers".

What is nice is that it says "Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by XX/XX/XX" Guess there is no expiration :)

I got one of those too... they expire.... ;-(

• Like 1

Well I have seen in posts made by Ice Capades or others who are knowledgeable in the process that Thursday is when orders are pulled for scheduling actions etc, but dealers do NOT have to wait until Thursday to place orders, in fact if they wait until Thursday they might miss the boat until the following week's pulls.

I placed my order on a Wednesday evening and walked away with a printed copy of my VOC, didn't get a copy of the DORA later but also didn't ask for it, started a cyberdman thread a couple weeks later and saw that it was unscheduled-clean as of the date that I placed the order.

You're absolutely correct that Dealers can place orders at any time and that waiting to place orders on a Thursday means missing the opportunity for scheduling that week. Orders are usually cut off at 3:00PM EDT on Wednesday's in order to be eligible for scheduling on Thursday morning of that week.

You're absolutely correct that Dealers can place orders at any time and that waiting to place orders on a Thursday means missing the opportunity for scheduling that week. Orders are usually cut off at 3:00PM EDT on Wednesday's in order to be eligible for scheduling on Thursday morning of that week.

Ford scheduling is done early, early each Thursday morning. Any Dealer ordering vehicles once a week or on Thursday's is missing a week's opportunity to get their retail orders scheduled. As the 2013 Fusion is now in "balance out" scheduling for the 2013 Model Year the best availability for commodities is sooner rather than later. Even though only minor changes are anticipated for the 2014 Fusion it's still possible that the availability of certain commodities could be exhausted before scheduling is completed for the 2013 Model Year.

As such, the earlier that retail orders are placed, the better the chances that the vehicle will get scheduled! The best policy is for Dealers to place retail orders as soon as they are received, subject to financing approval delays if necessary.

I place retail orders within hours of the deals being approved by a manager and place retail orders 6 days/week! Our retail orders are also prioritized so that they get scheduled in the order they were placed.

Please let me know if I've missed anything or can try to answer any other questions!

Thanks!

Joey Tetreault

Bob Thomas Ford (Hamden, CT)

Thank you for the information. I hope all goes well with this order, and that it indead gets in today :)

I will look for the DORA tomorrow then.

Ok, got two emails from the "Internet Director", the second one being good news.

My order is in, and I have the order number. I am assuming the dealer code will be the same so at least I have that information.

He said as soon as they got back any information (confirmations) they would forward to me. So.. it seems like this one is going to go smoothly.

I emailed them (director, sales guys, etc.) that I hoped this second round would go well and that they would have a happy customer in the end.

I do hope that, I would rather come out with a good relationship with the dealer as I am sure I will go there for service etc. So really want to salvage things. And it seems like they do also.

Well, at least I am back in the game. Order is officially in. :)

• Like 3

Ok, got two emails from the "Internet Director", the second one being good news.

My order is in, and I have the order number. I am assuming the dealer code will be the same so at least I have that information.

He said as soon as they got back any information (confirmations) they would forward to me. So.. it seems like this one is going to go smoothly.

I emailed them (director, sales guys, etc.) that I hoped this second round would go well and that they would have a happy customer in the end.

I do hope that, I would rather come out with a good relationship with the dealer as I am sure I will go there for service etc. So really want to salvage things. And it seems like they do also.

That's awesome! Hopefully it will all go fine!

• Like 1

Your Fan Club is rooting for you!
  • Like 1