Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

It takes me a little more to add the links. I am suppose to be working on my real job work (but what fun is that?). So yes, I'll do them all/most at once in a little while. For now I'll try to keep the dates up to date :)

A real job?? I thought those were done away with years ago.

You must not work for the govrm't

• Like 1

Here are a couple of threads that have consolidated a lot of the information for tracking and stalking your car:

Lots of good info here:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52708-useful-resources-for-those-joining-the-ford-family/?hl=tracking

More details in these threads:

Railway tracking:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52703-tracking-cars-on-railways/

Research Maniacs - window sticker and a few other notes

http://researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

Order statuses: this one is older, but still relevant:

http://greenhybrid.com/discuss/f61/ford-dealer-discusses-orders-allocation-19747/

VIN decoder:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/default.asp

• Like 3

Thanks gdn. My salesman tells me, "I have never met anyone so passionate about getting a car and so into getting all of the latest info". I tell him to check this forum, there are a lot of us and Ford should take note.

It is too bad more Ford Salesmen are not more passionate and into getting the latest info on their product,

Maybe we could all get jobs as part time advisers to the Ford sales teams.

• Like 1

Cyberdman's alright.

Last time I asked him for an update, I neglected to put the VIN in the post, thinking he could just look at an earlier post in my thread and get the VIN from there. But he ignored my request. Which led me to re-read the rules and see that he asks for the VIN (or dealer number / order number) in every bump.... and that he says he won't give a reminder, so if a request is ignored, we should re-read the rules and figure it out.

Well, I added the VIN and mentioned that I had had to re-read the rules. He replied right away with the updated info, and also said "I got ya covered". He's a real mensch.

I hear you Murphy!!

Some folks do not understand why Cyberdman gets so sharp with them, but can you imagine all the requests he gets and read the rules is at the top of that tracking section, yet people keep ignoring them causing him to waste more time.

After all he is doing this as a service on his own time, so I imagine after a few years we all would have a temper when folks do not adhere to the rules.

I watched the thread for over two months before i posted and at first was appalled at some of Cyberdmans responses, but after following for a while folks can ask some stupid things and get upset when he calls them out!

You are so right! I started using his service a couple of years ago when I ordered the car I will be trading. The rules have expanded since then because of idiots taking advantage of his time. I read the rules through every time I need to start tracking again to make sure I don't miss anything!

My dealer laughs at me for knowing all this stuff. I told the sales manager they need to be on here too, and perhaps send customers to it. They are good about updates, but they don't necessarily go get the visibility report on a set schedule like some do. (at least that I know of)

What would be really cool is if Ford would make the order process so you can log in an track your vehicle yourself. Perhaps get a PIN when you order it that can be used to set up access? What would be REALLY cool is if you could get a photo or video of the last step of the car rolling out the door or something. I'd be hooked!

Here are a couple of threads that have consolidated a lot of the information for tracking and stalking your car:

Lots of good info here:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52708-useful-resources-for-those-joining-the-ford-family/?hl=tracking

More details in these threads:

Railway tracking:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52703-tracking-cars-on-railways/

Research Maniacs - window sticker and a few other notes

http://researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

Order statuses: this one is older, but still relevant:

http://greenhybrid.com/discuss/f61/ford-dealer-discusses-orders-allocation-19747/

VIN decoder:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/default.asp

This is good stuff. I knew about everything but tracking the rail car. I will be doing that this time! :)

I see that some of you with March 18 and March 25 build dates/weeks now have access to window stickers. Despite Cyberdman stating in his tracking thread that my VIN is, "Scheduled to Day (2013-03-18)", I cannot access my window sticker.

I've tried tweeting to @FordService to find any changes in schedule, but the responses I get leave me a little frustrated:

1. In my original tweet to FordService, I provided my VIN and asked for the status of my Fusion HyTi from the Vehicle Visibility report.
  2. They replied that my salesman would be the best place to find this info.
  3. Called my salesman, who told me his sales manager was on vacation and he didn't know how to look up the Vehicle Visibility report.
  4. Then "Eric at Ford" replied via twitter: "Thomas has gone home for the day. Your Fusion is currently In Order Processing and no ETA has been listed. Check back soon. ^EW"
  5. Who is Thomas?
  6. My response via Twitter: "Checked w/ my salesman, said he couldn't access the Vehicle Visibility. Would you please check my "scheduled to" build date?"
  7. FordService response via Twitter: "My system shows that your vehicle is already in production. :) Feel free to continue checking back weekly for more updates. ^NM"
  8. Already in production? :headscratch: Who is "NM"?
  9. My response, "Thanks, but if in production, I would have access to a window sticker, which I don't. Did you check the Veh. Visibility report?"
  10. Waiting for reply

I see that some of you with March 18 and March 25 build dates/weeks now have access to window stickers. Despite Cyberdman stating in his tracking thread that my VIN is, "Scheduled to Day (2013-03-18)", I cannot access my window sticker.

I've tried tweeting to @FordService to find any changes in schedule, but the responses I get leave me a little frustrated:

1. In my original tweet to FordService, I provided my VIN and asked for the status of my Fusion HyTi from the Vehicle Visibility report.
  3. Called my salesman, who told me his sales manager was on vacation and he didn't know how to look up the Vehicle Visibility report.
  4. Then "Eric at Ford" replied via twitter: "Thomas has gone home for the day. Your Fusion is currently In Order Processing and no ETA has been listed. Check back soon. ^EW"
  5. Who is Thomas?
  6. My response via Twitter: "Checked w/ my salesman, said he couldn't access the Vehicle Visibility. Would you please check my "scheduled to" build date?"
  7. FordService response via Twitter: "My system shows that your vehicle is already in production. :) Feel free to continue checking back weekly for more updates. ^NM"
  9. My response, "Thanks, but if in production, I would have access to a window sticker, which I don't. Did you check the Veh. Visibility report?"
  10. Waiting for reply

LOL, I'm pretty sure the car is "In Production" from the time your order is accepted until actual delivery :)

5. Who is Thomas?
  10. Waiting for reply

I do not know who Thomas is, but ^NM is how Nick signs it. One of the issues with Ford Service is they tend to over simplify their answers. "in production" maybe the same thing as "in Process". I would ask them what is the listed Build date. Or whatever, but ask them specifically what you want.

Apparently I need to take my own advice.

Having received the date of the build week I "assumed " the next step would be to get the date of the build day.

It appears that I can't ask for that until after the start of the build week so the car may be built before I can ask for the build day.

Anyone want to take all of the rules and put them into a flow chart?

I agree. It's not like your build week or build day can't change.

I'm pretty over the soup nazi.

My dealer told me my Energi was in "Production" when the order is locked-in and can not make anymore changes to it. I think that's a week or two before the build date, and before the Window Sticker is available.

Edited by efudd

Sounds like Cyberdman's info is more reliable than the @FordService. Like others, I've tweeted them and received a generic statement about scheduled for the new few weeks. Not the kind of detail that excites. Still no window sticker either. I'm feeling left out on this "Sticker Friday".

Sounds like Cyberdman's info is more reliable than the @FordService. Like others, I've tweeted them and received a generic statement about scheduled for the new few weeks. Not the kind of detail that excites. Still no window sticker either. I'm feeling left out on this "Sticker Friday".

I don't think any of the 3/25 week builds have stickers yet. At least I don't.