Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

My build date was moved from 3/18 to 3/23, but that is still in the week of the 18th, so I am ok with that, but I know Ford's logo is Go Further, but please go no further out with my build date, Ford.

It beats having your Fusion built on April Fool's Day :runaway: I hope they don't celebrate that in Mexico ;)

• Like 1

Yup latest reports show red and moon-roof slowing things down, if they are not changing dates for the moon-roof, hopefully things are ironed out for that.

Remember you have build week then get a build day. Interesting that they bumped a build day. I have my fingers crossed I get a call tomorrow afternoon. A build week would be nice. :beg:

Nothing paperwork can happen until I get a VIN.

Ugghhhh So aggravated with my dealership now. So I was approved for financing today. Wich is great. The bank wants a final number so they can issue a check so all I have to do is take delivery when the car arrives. The dealership is dragging their feet on all of the paperwork and they wont take my car until the new car is here even though I had another dealer offer a loaner for the entire time. The problem is I am trying to get the deal done so that way the financing is complete and all I have to do is take delivery. The dealer doesnt understand anything and are complete useless idiots. Does anyone have contact with the ford factory rep for the southern Chicago area as well as a contact with a GM for the area as well. At this point I am frustrated only one dude at the dealership seems to know what a veichle visibility report is.

The bank wants to issue a check now to the dealership, but the dealership is doing what seems like everything to not do the deal.

Edited by captinkirk

What's the rush on paying the dealer?

It's not that its the rush on paying the dealer, its the fact that the bank wants to issue the check for the financing and requires a bill of sale to do so wich the dealer wont do. In order to guarantee the rate that I have 3.0%, the bank wants to do the deal now. I also have refinancing on my other ford car tied with this as they are refi that one as well. That one isn't the issue as they have everything they need. Now they just need all the documentation on the HiTi. Also there is a peace of mind aspect behind it. Its the piece of mind that all of the I's are dotted and T's are crossed. Its the piece of mind knowing all I have to do is pick up the car and I dont have to worry about financing. You would also think that the dealer would be all over accepting the check.

It's not that its the rush on paying the dealer, its the fact that the bank wants to issue the check for the financing and requires a bill of sale to do so wich the dealer wont do. In order to guarantee the rate that I have 3.0%, the bank wants to do the deal now. I also have refinancing on my other ford car tied with this as they are refi that one as well. That one isn't the issue as they have everything they need. Now they just need all the documentation on the HiTi. Also there is a peace of mind aspect behind it. Its the piece of mind that all of the I's are dotted and T's are crossed. Its the piece of mind knowing all I have to do is pick up the car and I dont have to worry about financing. You would also think that the dealer would be all over accepting the check.

Almost ALL banks's approvals are good for 30 days. So if your ETA is W/I that period of time, I wouldn't worry too much about the financing part. The Dealer can provide all that is necessary to finish up the financing approval. All you need is a VIN #, Invoice and a Buyers Order.

Almost ALL banks's approvals are good for 30 days. So if your ETA is W/I that period of time, I wouldn't worry too much about the financing part. The Dealer can provide all that is necessary to finish up the financing approval. All you need is a VIN #, Invoice and a Buyers Order.

It's going to be close. Car gets built 3/25.

I'm also waiting on an order and wanted to get approved for financing before receiving the car. My approval is good for 30 days and my bank just has to renew the approval before it expires (rate is locked in). Basically, the bank was bending over backwards to loan me the money. Talk to your bank rather than focusing on the dealer IMO. GL

Ya, I applied for financing and was approved back in August when I ordered my car and again in October after that expired. I then realized there was no point until after the car actually arrives. Funny thing is my credit union gave me a 2% rate and I let the Ford dealer talk me into checking my credit because he thought their financing could give me a better rate. They said they couldn't finance me at all in spite of my wife and I both having credit scores around 800. I get offers all the time from credit card companies that want to give me a new $50k limit credit card but Ford's financers won't lend me $30k to buy a car? I wonder what their requirements are. Not that it bothers me particularly. I would prefer to use our credit union. They have always been good to us and no hassles with all of our loans.

• Like 1

I don't know how many people are in Credit Unions, but there is a national credit union and local credit union that I belong to that are both offering 1.49% 36 month financing.

I'd love to know which credit unions offer that rate today. PenFed used to be 1.49%, but it went up this month. Thanks!

Credit Union rules have changed so much in recent years. The old EDS CU - is now InTouch - https://www.itcu.org/personal/rates/vehicle-loans and is at 1.99% up to 72 months. They have offices in several states, TX, NV and MI I think for sure.

Yup, I used to work for EDS, so one of the places I looked was InTouch :) PenFed is lower right now, but 1.49% is even lower!

Edited by neod192

Got financing all straightened out. I had the CU extend the offer another two weeks to give room for delivery. The dealer ended up calling the CU to not only get them to extend, but the dealer wants to do the paperwork their instead of at the CU. I was approved for at 2.5 wich is what the CU's in my area are running at.

Edited by captinkirk

I'd love to know which credit unions offer that rate today. PenFed used to be 1.49%, but it went up this month. Thanks!

Well I didn't add the names of the CU's because if your not a member then it doesn't do you any good, any way, the National CU is NFCU (Navy federal CU. Navy Army. Airforce) and the local CU is WSECU (Washington State Employes CU)

Well I didn't add the names of the CU's because if your not a member then it doesn't do you any good, any way, the National CU is NFCU (Navy federal CU. Navy Army. Airforce) and the local CU is WSECU (Washington State Employes CU)

Thanks! Sometimes credit unions let you join by meeting some criteria. I'll check them out and see if I qualify.