Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Woo-hoo! I am a HAPPY CAMPER! My car is at the dealer tonight; I will pick it up tomorrow. :yahoo:

The car I ordered from dealer-stock on 3/1 is still going through the "Mexican sun bake-testing" QC procedure, after more than 4 weeks. But my dealer has found an *identical* car, same options, same color, even built on the very same day (2/23), and today they sent a driver over to another dealer to pick it up.

I am really really happy with this dealer, Sunnyvale Ford. They have treated me extremely well, and they deserve your business if you are in Silicon Valley.

I can't believe this day has finally arrived.

• Like 6

Congrats rprobst!!!

I received an update from cyberdman this am, car was built on 3/26 and was put on a rail car 3/27, guess it won't be spending Easter in Mexico. I asked for the rail car info.

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # CN 704424 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Mar-27-2013, 20:00 MT.

ETA Apr-18-2013.

Woo-hoo! I am a HAPPY CAMPER! My car is at the dealer tonight; I will pick it up tomorrow. :yahoo:

The car I ordered from dealer-stock on 3/1 is still going through the "Mexican sun bake-testing" QC procedure, after more than 4 weeks. But my dealer has found an *identical* car, same options, same color, even built on the very same day (2/23), and today they sent a driver over to another dealer to pick it up.

I am really really happy with this dealer, Sunnyvale Ford. They have treated me extremely well, and they deserve your business if you are in Silicon Valley.

Congrats. LOL, so is that car 3 :)

Congrats rprobst!!!

I received an update from cyberdman this am, car was built on 3/26 and was put on a rail car 3/27, guess it won't be spending Easter in Mexico. I asked for the rail car info.

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # CN 704424 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Mar-27-2013, 20:00 MT.

ETA Apr-18-2013.

Humm, it appears it is on Canadian National Railroad car, how the heck do I track that?

The CSX tracking number works - for your rail car initials "CN" use 23 62 on the phone - then your car number. Just checked and there is status.

• Like 3

Mucho congratulations!

• Like 1

Looks like I will have my car for my Florida trip on April 19. Things are moving fast now!

In Transit - Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX900433 (Ferrocarril Mexicano S.a. De C.v. ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Mar-27-2013, 19:00 MT.

ETA Apr-13-2013.

taylorjd....

please update spreadsheet...... my FFHT was built on 3/25

no rail car info yet.....but those in front of me and behind me seem to have been loaded onto trains

Not a good sign when the car does not immediately get on a rail car, several of us are in that boat, mine was built on 3/22

Very upsetting, when my order date goes back to October 12 and was an 01 priority--to see cars ordered in February 13 with an ETA -------just goes to show you until it is on a train you never know!!

I know how rprobst felt, wahoo for him on locating an exact car!!

Edited by chuckokie36
  • Like 1

Congrats! So it this car #3 for you? :)

Yes, this is car #3. Part of the fun of buying a Fusion Energi is all the drama of ordering it! :)

JD, for the spreadsheet, this car was ordered on 3/1, built on 2/23, delivered to dealer on 3/23. VIN is 3FA6P0SUXDR254669. Otherwise it is identical to car #2.

Except it will have a few more miles on it when delivered. It was ordered by a dealer in Elk Grove, near Sacramento. That's about 110 miles away from here. Yesterday my dealer -- Sunnyvale Ford, highly recommended! -- sent a driver up to Elk Grove to pick the car up. So it will have whatever miles they put on it at the factory, plus 110 miles to drive it down from Elk Grove.

Car #1 was built this week, and may get on a train quickly, who knows? I still have not cancelled that order. Guess I will do that while driving away in car #3. :)

Car #2 was built on 2/23 and is still on the ramp, waiting for a train. I'm afraid it may have fallen into the TBD hole. I am so glad my dealer was pro-active and found a matching car at a Sacramento dealer, delivered last Saturday.

I may keep tracking cars #1 and #2, just out of curiosity, and because I like talking with Cyberdman. Or I may just get busy enjoying car #3.

Yahoo! A Fusion Energi in my driveway tonight!

I'm trying to figure out why SeaHyTi's car got on a train, and mine didn't... Our were made on the same day, and getting shipped to the same city! Cyberdman says mine is awaiting shipment, but has an ETA of 4/18.... hmmm.

Could be as random as the guy at the railhead has a block of cars waiting to load and happened to get into his car for this train.. but the fact that yours has an ETA may indicate that it is indeed also sitting at the railhead and waiting to load and getting on the next load, rather that headed to the dreaded 'offsite'

I'm trying to figure out why SeaHyTi's car got on a train, and mine didn't... Our were made on the same day, and getting shipped to the same city! Cyberdman says mine is awaiting shipment, but has an ETA of 4/18.... hmmm.

The status for my car just says "Awaiting Shipment" but no ETA. It was built on the same day as your car.

Finally a window sticker! I printed it just so I could hold it.

Congrats - it's a good feeling. Just read your signature - find it interesting that you deleted the spoiler. I don't know the details of the S and SE - but can you add the spoiler on those? Isn't the spoiler a signature of the Titanium? It is so small I doubt there is any impact to gas mileage or traction - it is all about looks, but just curious - you just don't like that look?

Congrats rprobst!!!

ETA Apr-18-2013.

I hope that mine is doing the same thing.

I think you and jsellar will be on the next train out. Both show on a ramp awaiting shipment.

I sure hope so! It's odd that Cyberdman showed an ETA, even though it's not actually on a train yet. I guess they're optimistic that a train will be available very soon.