2013 FFH Titanium Production Dates

Long Islander

So it seems ... Ford ain't talking. You, me and any other folks who have ordered or are interested in the car clearly don't deserve to know. But Ford is apparently now scheduling Energi's and not hybrid Ti's. The rumors for the Ti hybrid production dates run the gamut from "soon" from marketing mouthpieces, to the oft repeated "early 2013" to 6-9 months to who the heck knows - maybe never.

My dealer reports (and other folks' dealers are reportedly saying as well) that Ford is no longer accepting any orders for the hybrid Ti trim. This doesn't inspire much confidence that it will be "soon", does it?

Maybe they hope to move the shitload of hybrid SE's they initially botched and then let sit languishing in various lots (aka "TBD hell") or it is due to limited supplier chain for the shared components/chassis or the need to get a foothold in the PHEV market.

Alas - the pitfalls of ordering and not buying off the lot.

Thanks for the info, ice.

Fords difficulties with roll outs continues .... wish I could say I find the continued delays surprising.

If they kick the can much further down the road they are gonna start losing orders though. Mine included, my patience isn't infinite.

This is interesting, so I was looking up that Window sticker for the 1 Hy Ti that has been built VIN#3FA6P0RU9DR257685. Then I started looking for a site that shows how to decode a VIN #.

The site is I found was https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/vin_tools/default.asp not only does it breakdown how to read a VIN, but it lays out the exact builds for each VIN (that comes back as valid).

Anyways, I was bored so I started replacing the last couple numbers of the above VIN to see if any other Hy Ti's show up then I figured I'd look for window stickers on those as well. To my surprise I found quite a few. Here's a list of the last three digits that all show up as Hybrid Titanium's according to the above site. However, there were no window stickers as of yet. Could be nothing, but it's worth checking every once in awhile to see if the window stickers start popping up over the next couple weeks!

665, 651, 648, 634, 679, 701, 715, 732, 746, 777, 780, 794, 813, 827

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...