2013 MKZ Tracking

And if you do X-Plan, you get the X-plan price on everything.

There is no X-Plan price on any dealer add-ons. The X-Plan price is for the car, and that's it. Any dealer add-ons are sold for whatever the dealer can sucker you into paying for them. I fell for it...once, on my first new vehicle. I've since learned...

There is no X-Plan price on any dealer add-ons. The X-Plan price is for the car, and that's it. Any dealer add-ons are sold for whatever the dealer can sucker you into paying for them. I fell for it...once, on my first new vehicle. I've since learned...

Really? I heard the opposite, that it was applied for everything.

Really? I heard the opposite, that it was applied for everything.

And you heard right, apparently it matters if it's a good dealership. My Finance guy said it applies to everything I buy and it did. The all-weather mats, the extended warranty, the Xzilon.

Xplan pricing is for the car only. If you believe it is for more then go to partner.ford.com and look up the price of your other items. You won't really find them there. What the dealer might have done for you is given you the same xplan discount - roughly 6 % or whatever it figures out to be on those other items, but issue is that all add on's have a TON of dealer mark up in them and they negotiate them all the time. So while it is maybe a nice gesture and you are happy with that discount being extended then you win, but that dealer will also negotiate much deeper discounts on those add on items if you push him and he will still make money.

Today's our ETA for our car and.....no car. Anyone want to welcome us to the club? ;)

Aw < hugs > < Comfort > Still a lot on here waiting for theirs. A few have gotten theirs just recently. Just a matter of time. They said most of preorders should get by the end of March if you ordered last year.

I got a call today from my friendly LCS rep. The original estimated due date was 3/11 but he called me today and said the new date is 3/18 but whoever gave him the information said to add 7-10 days to the expected date. When I asked him specifically where it was he did not have that info.. seems like they are keeping lots of info close to the vest.

I told him that answer was unacceptable and he said he would dig some more and call me tomorrow.

I still wish mkztracker was tracking....at least we would not be in the dark and at the mercy of LCS

While I am new on this forum, I have been following with great interest how many of you have orderd your car between November and January and are now not only driving them, but are having special changes made. I am one of the 1000 people who orderd the car in September 2012 with an expected date for delivery in November, which slipped from month to month since then. In January 2013 I received a build order. which was accomplished February 5..The car was scheduled for delivery during the week of 25 February. I have the Window sticker as well as the Ford ETIS Report which confirm the build and the primary aand minor assemble items. To date, I have not had any information about the car since it was in Mexico on 8 February. Despite my calls to LCS and Dealership, who also reports they have no information, I am still in the dark where the car is or has been since 8 February. It sure is upsetting to me that my early order has not been filled, but many who ordered after me have their cars. I would even feel better if I could get a status report on the car and it's ecpected delivery date. My location is in the Washington, D.C. Metro area.

Dont call LCS, they are about the worst thing you can do. Never were helpful and never had the answer. 1st off demand your dealership looks at their Vehicle Tracking System and provides you with the Primary and Secondary status. Once you have that tell them you want updates every week(if not more, I had every day). If you are confused about the status, post on this forum and we will try to help you.

Thats my two cents.

For everyone here with unresponsive dealers or LCS, and long standing pre-orders. Insist on better service. Email the heads of Ford if necessary. It got mine moving. There are also regional Ford reps that deal with this sort of thing that the GM of your dealer should be able to get in contact with you. Don't be shy about this. Ask for the General Manager of the dealer or at least the sales manager. Do not take no for an answer! Lots of these early orders were stalled on the ramp and may need a nudge to get moving.

It got mine moving as well!!!!

I see some light (finally) at the end of the tunnel. As long a my car doesn't fall off the transport, the train is scheduled to get in to the final train destination at just after midnight tonight! I'm assuming a day or two past that to get it off loaded, inspected and trucked to the dealer nearby. Fingers crossed for no more problems.

I see some light (finally) at the end of the tunnel. As long a my car doesn't fall off the transport, the train is scheduled to get in to the final train destination at just after midnight tonight! I'm assuming a day or two past that to get it off loaded, inspected and trucked to the dealer nearby. Fingers crossed for no more problems.

Got my fingers crossed for you. I'm looking forward to your photos.

How did you find out the information about your train and its arrival?

Eureka!!

....or so I thought.Could someone have the Twilight Zone music ready?I'll tell you when I need it.

Over two weeks ago,I was told by LCS that my car had a dealer-ETA of March 11th (this was a week later than I heard the previous week).

On my last Friday's call(8th), they had no information at all,but "would research it & have it for me Monday (11th).

I called Monday am & was told that the woman in charge of giving 2013MKZ info will get back to me.When I hadn't heard by late afternoon,I re-called & was told to be patient,the lady handling that is very busy but they promise to get back to me later that day.

......no one ever called me.

I phoned this morning,& gave the woman I talked to all the 'no-help' history of my phone attempts.I wanted to know if my car was still sitting at Ramp 54 in Hermasillo,Mexico. She said that she was assigning herself as my personal contact,giving me her # & ext.

And surprise,surprise,she had a lot to tell me.She said my car left Hermasillo on Feb 26th for Flat Rock,MI.The final QA was completed & it was on train convoy.She went through a list of cities that the train had already passed through,plus the CFX railcar number.I told her that my hearing is really bad.I could only catch the name of the last city (Twin Oaks,MO) & would she e-mail the route covered & railcar number.She said that she'd call me in one hour with even more information.

"This is the most information that a LCS rep has given me so far,& I'm very pleased",said I.She asked that I stay on the line to complete the Customer satisfaction survey.I readily complied & gave the call all 5's.

....................a half hour later I get an e-mail. (OK,Que the Twilight Zone music now)

All the information that was on her screens was bogus.No train convoy,...no rail car number.

The car is still sitting in Mexico & still hasn't been through the final QA yet.

The new ETA is March 22nd,but "is subject to change".

Eureka!!

....or so I thought.Could someone have the Twilight Zone music ready?I'll tell you when I need it.

Over two weeks ago,I was told by LCS that my car had a dealer-ETA of March 11th (this was a week later than I heard the previous week).

On my last Friday's call(8th), they had no information at all,but "would research it & have it for me Monday (11th).

I called Monday am & was told that the woman in charge of giving 2013MKZ info will get back to me.When I hadn't heard by late afternoon,I re-called & was told to be patient,the lady handling that is very busy but they promise to get back to me later that day.

I phoned this morning,& gave the woman I talked to all the 'no-help' history of my phone attempts.I wanted to know if my car was still sitting at Ramp 54 in Hermasillo,Mexico. She said that she was assigning herself as my personal contact,giving me her # & ext.

And surprise,surprise,she had a lot to tell me.She said my car left Hermasillo on Feb 26th for Flat Rock,MI.The final QA was completed & it was on train convoy.She went through a list of cities that the train had already passed through,plus the CFX railcar number.I told her that my hearing is really bad.I could only catch the name of the last city (Twin Oaks,MO) & would she e-mail the route covered & railcar number.She said that she'd call me in one hour with even more information.

"This is the most information that a LCS rep has given me so far,& I'm very pleased",said I.She asked that I stay on the line to complete the Customer satisfaction survey.I readily complied & gave the call all 5's.

....................a half hour later I get an e-mail. (OK,Que the Twilight Zone music now)

All the information that was on her screens was bogus.No train convoy,...no rail car number.

The car is still sitting in Mexico & still hasn't been through the final QA yet.

I'm curious to who the lady was. I've been working with Lisa. I'm *hoping* she isn't the one you spoke with.

I'm curious to who the lady was. I've been working with Lisa. I'm *hoping* she isn't the one you spoke with.

No,it was Pat.She was a very nice woman & I could tell from the e-mail that she wasn't happy with the bad information on her screens.

I certainly can't fault her for that.

How did you find out the information about your train and its arrival?

When the car first gets on the train, the Lincoln status shows the train #. Something like ETTXxxxxxxx. That is used right through at CSX tracking (see the train tracking thread). If you missed that entry, ask your dealer or the Cust Svc reps to back trace it to the point it was loaded on the train and give you that #.

Eureka!!

Sir, my head is exploding on your behalf. What a let down. They really haven't improved this mess one bit.

(I just had a really bad thought. What i my info is all bogus too?)

Edited by xgman

(I just had a really bad thought. What i my info is all bogus too?)

Que the Twilight Zone music again. :)

BTW

i think I figured out my question regarding why you'd ever use "L" when you can use the "Grade-Assist" button to get both engine drag AND regen braking.

According to the manual:

Grade assist:

• Provides additional grade braking with a combination of engine motoring and high-voltage battery charging to help maintain vehicle speed when descending a grade.

• As the vehicle determines the amount of engine motoring and high-voltage battery charging, you may notice the engine speed increasing and decreasing to help maintain your vehicle speed when descending a grade.

E144523

The grade assist lamp will appear in the instrument cluster when grade assist is

turned on.

L (Low)

• •

Provides maximum engine braking. The transmission may be put into

L (Low) at any vehicle speed.ccording to the manual

From above-

As the vehicle determines the amount of engine motoring and high-voltage battery charging, you may notice the engine speed increasing and decreasing to help maintain your vehicle speed when descending a grade.

I wonder if that means it works like cruise control so if you're going 55 when starting down a hill,if engine drag/brake regen were to slow you below 55,the grade assist function would cause the car to speed back up to 55??????

Que the Twilight Zone music again. :)

BTW

i think I figured out my question regarding why you'd ever use "L" when you can use the "Grade-Assist" button to get both engine drag AND regen braking.

According to the manual:

Grade assist:

• Provides additional grade braking with a combination of engine motoring and high-voltage battery charging to help maintain vehicle speed when descending a grade.

• As the vehicle determines the amount of engine motoring and high-voltage battery charging, you may notice the engine speed increasing and decreasing to help maintain your vehicle speed when descending a grade.

E144523

The grade assist lamp will appear in the instrument cluster when grade assist is

turned on.

L (Low)

• •

Provides maximum engine braking. The transmission may be put into

L (Low) at any vehicle speed.ccording to the manual

From above-

As the vehicle determines the amount of engine motoring and high-voltage battery charging, you may notice the engine speed increasing and decreasing to help maintain your vehicle speed when descending a grade.

I wonder if that means it works like cruise control so if you're going 55 when starting down a hill,if engine drag/brake regen were to slow you below 55,the grade assist function would cause the car to speed back up to 55??????

Have you ever used automatic transmission engine braking in the mountains?

Grade Assist is "Second Gear"

L is "Low".