ford uaw bereavement

PFA

Does anyone know of the top of their head what family is covered under the bereavement coverage? I know there is a 3 day and a 5 day difference. THe 5 day covering immediate family, but what does the 3 day cover? I don't have my book with me right now, so I cannot look it up. Just trying to figure it out. Had a death in the family.

Thanks for any input!!

Does anyone know of the top of their head what family is covered under the bereavement coverage? I know there is a 3 day and a 5 day difference. THe 5 day covering immediate family, but what does the 3 day cover? I don't have my book with me right now, so I cannot look it up. Just trying to figure it out. Had a death in the family.

Thanks for any input!!

I'm not sure at this point, PFA, I do remember having used this when my father passed on a while back. I don't know if it has changed much or what. If you really need to know, try calling your plant and getting a hold of the committee person or the union hall. You may have to wait until Mon morning unless someone on this forum decides to chime in and give a hand shortly. Anybody out there who can help a fellow worker get thru a difficult time?

Bereavement is only 3 days, PAID...you can take as many as 5 days, excused, if the funeral is out of state, but you'll only be paid for 3 of them. A death in the family is a death in the family..I'm not aware that they make any distinction between close personal family or in-laws, etc., how could they, everyone's situation is different.

Thanks for any input!!

volume 4 page 333

five days "in the case of current spouse, parent, child, stepchild, or in the case of multiple deaths of members of the employee's immediate family."

So it looks like three for brothers and sisters, grandparents. i'm not sure if this includes Step Brothers and Sisters.

Don't forget you'll need a letter from the funeral home for work. Just ask they make them out all the time, they won't think twice about giving you one.

sorry to hear of your loss

Edited by the_wizard

Actually, the language you want is sec.19 art.IX p.113-114 in vol.I national agreement; vol.4 p.332 refers to death occuring during previously schedualed vacation and additional days needed. Current spouse, parent, child, stepchild, or multiple deaths of members of employee's immediate family is 5 days. Brothers, half brothers, stepbrothers, sisters, half sisters, step sisters, or grandchildren are 3 days. These days are paid, and your time is excused. You will have to report to labor upon your return to clear and to request bereavment pay for any schedualed work up to 8hrs per day excluding Sat & Sun at regular straight time hourly rate including shift premium. You may also request an additional 2 days as unpaid or excused absense allowence for disposition of financial, administrative or legal matters associated with death (v.4 p.333). Sorry for your loss.

Edited by long donkey

Bereavement is only 3 days, PAID...you can take as many as 5 days, excused, if the funeral is out of state, but you'll only be paid for 3 of them. A death in the family is a death in the family..I'm not aware that they make any distinction between close personal family or in-laws, etc., how could they, everyone's situation is different.

know for a fact its 5 days for a father...paid, cuz mt stepdad passed 2 yrs ago and i was off for a week, and pd 40 hrs

• 9 years later...