Quick question about the wipers

Elf911

Hi all 2013 Escape Titanium, noticed when its raining like it is now in NYC that sometimes when I turn my Escape off the drivers side wiper sits "higher" as if it isn't fully down but the passenger side is always down fully. Doesn't happen all the time and I turn the wipers off before shutting off so I'm a bit confused. While n they wipe evenly and drop completed down and up. The wiper arm itself is not bent. Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas? Thanks in advance

I haven't noticed that, but what I did notice today was with wipers set to auto mode and rear wiper set to off, when you shift the car into reverse, the rear wiper will wipe when the front one does.

I was confused for a minute, I thought maybe I hit the little button on by mistake, but no.

As soon as I shift back into drive the rear one turns off again.

Only took me almost 6 months and 4000 miles to notice that.

Lenny

I have notice that my left blade stays up for about 10 seconds and then drops back into place after wiper shut off. First couple of times I am like "great" my blade is broken or bent. I would have the dealer look at it to see why it is not dropping back down.

1. The rear wiper coming on when both (a) the front wipers are on, and (b) the vehicle is shifted into reverse - is a safety feature and is in the manual.

When you shift into R (Reverse), the rear

wiper will switch on to intermittent if the

front wipers are activated. (pg.69)

2. The main wipers switch has 5 positions.

Starting from all the way up; 1. High speed continuous, 2. Low speed continuous, 3. Intermittent, 4. Off, and 5. Manual-wipe (a momentary position).

If you have automatic rain-sensing wipers, they're active only in position 3, and once they stop sensing moisture, they'll stop in the "ready-active" position (with the left blade up a tad) - until several seconds later when both blades will drop to the "parked-inactive" position.

If you come down one click from the low speed continuous position into the intermittent position, AND if you have automatic, rain-sensing wipers, AND if there's no moisture on the window, they will stop in the active-ready position for several seconds before dropping into the parked-inactive position. If you were to drop down 2 click-stops from slow-continuous, they should drop to parked-inactive directly, with maybe only a little hesitation at the ready-active position.

Well I don't have rain sensing wipers. Was part of the parking package which is the only feature I don't have. Don't know why that is including in the parking package cause I'd love auto wipers but anyways. Today I turned on my wipers (didn't need them) then parked turned them off and turned the truck off. Same thing. Drivers side wiper sitting high. Step back in turn it on in accessory verify they are off then I push down for the single wipe wait then turn off again. Now after this they both sit low and even. Very confused

I haven't noticed that, but what I did notice today was with wipers set to auto mode and rear wiper set to off, when you shift the car into reverse, the rear wiper will wipe when the front one does.

I was confused for a minute, I thought maybe I hit the little button on by mistake, but no.

As soon as I shift back into drive the rear one turns off again.

Only took me almost 6 months and 4000 miles to notice that.

Lenny

Neat feature. Wish every vehicle with rear wipers had that. About the only time I turn my rear wipers on at all is when backing up.

Neat feature. Wish every vehicle with rear wipers had that. About the only time I turn my rear wipers on at all is when backing up.

I never used the rear wiper either. I was told many many years ago that there rear wipers would collect sand and dirt on the top of the blade, then when you turned it on it would drag the dirt across the glass and scratch it.

Not that I care about that, just something that I remember being told.

I never used the rear wiper either. I was told many many years ago that there rear wipers would collect sand and dirt on the top of the blade, then when you turned it on it would drag the dirt across the glass and scratch it.

Not that I care about that, just something that I remember being told.

That's why the washer fluid sprays from the top directly onto the blade. When not raining hard on use mine in washer fluid mode. Also I think the rear "spoiler" / roof covers a lot of the window surface up top

Edited by Elf911