Hermosillo Shipping Backlog

jkirkman

I got you beat. Ordered October 1, built Nov 8. Still sitting in Mexico awaiting shipment. When my dealer asked their Ford rep what the problem was they were told 2013 Fusion's have been a nightmare. He said many cars had been shipped to Michigan and for some reason they were shipped back to Mexico. The best I can tell though mine has never left Mexico. All I want to know is what the problem is. What is so wrong with these cars that they cannot ship them, and are they ever going to ship?

Ordered 12/18/12. Built 2/19/13. Awaiting shipment since 2/20/13.

I got you beat. Ordered October 1, built Nov 8. Still sitting in Mexico awaiting shipment. When my dealer asked their Ford rep what the problem was they were told 2013 Fusion's have been a nightmare. He said many cars had been shipped to Michigan and for some reason they were shipped back to Mexico. The best I can tell though mine has never left Mexico. All I want to know is what the problem is. What is so wrong with these cars that they cannot ship them, and are they ever going to ship?

We kicked that around starting Nov 5th and have 1,094 replies on that thread thus far, it's the headlights/headliners/trunk/doors/overheating/gremlins/etc etc etc

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51500-shipping-eta-tbd/

JSKershaw had his held hostage from the middle of October and finally got his a week ago... if yours has not moved since November, probably good to tell your dealer to reorder and if they say no go to Ford customer service and ask for regional manager to assist. Don't be afraid to make some noise, that's a lot of money you plunked down on the car for the dealer to shrug you off, hopefully that's not happening.

From my contact at Flat Rock:

Cars sent to Flat Rock for quality control inspections are not shipped to dealers from Flat Rock. They are shipped back to Mexico to go through the shipping process. Don't kill the messenger.

That seems pretty silly and not very cost effective. Not to mention the extra month+ that it would add to the shipping time to the dealer. I really thought Ford had their stuff together.

The only thing my dealer has offered is to give me my deposit back and give me the first chance to buy the vehicle if and when it arrives.

From my contact at Flat Rock:

Cars sent to Flat Rock for quality control inspections are not shipped to dealers from Flat Rock. They are shipped back to Mexico to go through the shipping process. Don't kill the messenger.

I was following this, but it seems to have been hijacked by people waiting on Titaniums and Energi's so I started a new thread.

We kicked that around starting Nov 5th and have 1,094 replies on that thread thus far, it's the headlights/headliners/trunk/doors/overheating/gremlins/etc etc etc

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51500-shipping-eta-tbd/

JSKershaw had his held hostage from the middle of October and finally got his a week ago... if yours has not moved since November, probably good to tell your dealer to reorder and if they say no go to Ford customer service and ask for regional manager to assist. Don't be afraid to make some noise, that's a lot of money you plunked down on the car for the dealer to shrug you off, hopefully that's not happening.

The only thing my dealer has offered is to give me my deposit back and give me the first chance to buy the vehicle if and when it arrives.

Well doesn't that set you back at square one? Pretty crappy way to treat a customer.

That's why it is probably worth calling customer service and asking for help from a regional manager and if you can get in contact with someone with enough horsepower, maybe you can explain your situation and have them call your current dealer and have them place a new order with higher priority, or get your deposit back and go to a another dealer that will place the order (but with a better priority than '10' if the regional manager intervenes)...

I was following this, but it seems to have been hijacked by people waiting on Titaniums and Energi's so I started a new thread.

I started to make some noise in January. I had the dealer re-order the car (exactly the same build as my current car). Then had the dealership make some calls to Ford and the regional rep to get some answers. Funny how things started moving a week after the dealership called Ford. Ford Canada obviously made a call to Mexico and got them to place the car on the train. A little pressure will work. Don't deal with your sales rep. Go directly to the Sales Manager as they will be the one that makes the call to the regional Manager.

How do you like the car? Have you had any problems with it?

I started to make some noise in January. I had the dealer re-order the car (exactly the same build as my current car). Then had the dealership make some calls to Ford and the regional rep to get some answers. Funny how things started moving a week after the dealership called Ford. Ford Canada obviously made a call to Mexico and got them to place the car on the train. A little pressure will work. Don't deal with your sales rep. Go directly to the Sales Manager as they will be the one that makes the call to the regional Manager.

How do you like the car? Have you had any problems with it?

Haven't had any problems with it, yet... I'm getting pretty good mileage considering the temperature. I think I am just like others here that have the wrong shifter. When I go back to the dealer for service I will ask them about it. Personally it doesn't really bother me.

In short, I love the car and I'm glad I waited.

Though I have a Energi Ti built and of course "released" which doesn't mean anything until I get rail info.

I originally had a SE Hybrid ordered in May. It was built and "waiting for shipping" in July, and it just showed up a week ago. It was so dirty, our detail department had to do a complete interior and exterior just like used car to get it ready for the lot! I swear, there was sand caked on the dash and seats.

I originally had a SE Hybrid ordered in May. It was built and "waiting for shipping" in July, and it just showed up a week ago. It was so dirty, our detail department had to do a complete interior and exterior just like used car to get it ready for the lot! I swear, there was sand caked on the dash and seats.

Really? I thought the first 2013 Fusions were built around the third week of August... what is the VIN on the one that was built in July?

Really? I thought the first 2013 Fusions were built around the third week of August... what is the VIN on the one that was built in July?

Yeah you're right, It had a build week of August and was produced 8/22. Guess it just felt that long, because it was pulled for building in July. Re invoiced on 10/8.

Yeah you're right, It had a build week of August and was produced 8/22. Guess it just felt that long, because it was pulled for building in July. Re invoiced on 10/8.

I wondered as I saw a youtube clip of someone standing there on the first day of production... below is a VIN that was also produced on 8/22, I have 20-30 'TBD' VINs (or were at one time) that I check in Etis for outstanding service actions, just out of curiosity... there are still several of those that have outstanding actions, so I guess they are either still sitting at Hermosillo, at Flat Rock, or maybe at the dealers and the updates haven't been completed yet, who knows.

3FA6P0H70DR101610

IMHO if you can, wait for the 2014's. I ordered mine mid-December and I got it last week. I'm glad that I got it, my old 'hoss is on her last legs, though I left the Fusion in the garage for this week's blizzard. I still think there are quality issues, panel gaps, misalignments, etc.

• 7 months later...

There is really no shipping backlog for the 2014 Fusions. 2014 vehicles out of the Mexico plant have been shipping on a regular basis and the shipping release was issued last week for units produced at the Flat Rock plant.

yippie! :speedie: Hope that is still true at the end of November when I hope my car is waiting to be shipped,