2014MY Fusion

ice-capades

Don't you guys think Ford will intentionally delay production of 2014 models beyond what would be reasonable for most people to wait? And if they are planning to add dual exhaust pipes, HDI headlights, etc.., that's one extra reason not to bring 2014 model out too soon. They know most people would wait for these features. I would not count on seeing 2014 cars out any time soon.

Don't you guys think Ford will intentionally delay production of 2014 models beyond what would be reasonable for most people to wait? And if they are planning to add dual exhaust pipes, HDI headlights, etc.., that's one extra reason not to bring 2014 model out too soon. They know most people would wait for these features. I would not count on seeing 2014 cars out any time soon.

2013 Fusion Hybrid Titanium -White Platinum

• Driver Assist Package
  • Voice Activated Navigation
  • Moonroof
  • Premium Floor Mats

Ordered: Feb 19, 2013 | VIN assigned: TBD | Window Sticker: TBD | Build Week: TBD | ETA: TBD | Delivered: TBD

No AT&T. I probably should have mentioned that. Strange that it is different between the two carriers.

AT&T is able to use voice and data at the same time. Which Verizon promptly promised the iPhone5 would do as well. NOT.

Bringing back this thread just to get some input.

I would be curious to see how many total 2013 orders have not been scheduled. Ford could also make the 2013 year shorter in order to try and keep the model year schedule as close to they have scheduled as possible. Though, that would severely limit any changes on the 2014 which I'm sure was the plan anyway.

Yeah, that's exactly the problem.

Just an FYI - We have a 2011 Edge with MFT 3.5.1. When iPhone 6.1 came out, reading messages broke. It needed to be deleted and paired again, then, within the settings for the connection on the iPhone, have the "Notifications" set to ON. (It is OFF by default) Once that was done, the car would READ but not SEND the messages. (Which is fine, since you have to be nearly stopped to send anyway). This IS on Verizon.

• Like 1

Just an FYI - We have a 2011 Edge with MFT 3.5.1. When iPhone 6.1 came out, reading messages broke. It needed to be deleted and paired again, then, within the settings for the connection on the iPhone, have the "Notifications" set to ON. (It is OFF by default) Once that was done, the car would READ but not SEND the messages. (Which is fine, since you have to be nearly stopped to send anyway). This IS on Verizon.

Very good to know. Thanks.

Ford *JUST* announced the new Mondeo, so here are some clues for the MY 2014 Fusion. Cool new seats, inflatable seat belts, and I HOPE we get the new LED headlights. Maybe they'll fit on the 2013. /hope

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=37874

Another thread talks about these as well - but those options are already on the Lincoln MKZ here in the states - so I wouldn't count on them coming to the Fusion. The Mondeo seems to be as different as Fusion to MKZ - different set of the options bundled together for a different market.

• Like 1

Another thread talks about these as well - but those options are already on the Lincoln MKZ here in the states - so I wouldn't count on them coming to the Fusion. The Mondeo seems to be as different as Fusion to MKZ - different set of the options bundled together for a different market.

The Mondeo is closer to the MKZ pricewise so it gets MKZ features.

• Like 1

I will say, in light of most of the 2014 Mondeo features most likely never coming to Fusion as they are more likely to appear on Lincoln instead since they share the same premium features and price range already, that a number of features the new 2014 Ford Mondeo comes equipped with may come to the Fusion years down the road as the technology gets tested out and cheaper for Ford. As of right now they have already taken a number of old Mondeo features and just newly introduced them to the 2013 Fusion making it ahead of its class in offerings. the 2013 Fusion offers features no other brand in its segment offers bundled together. This is an edge Ford will have for a number of years as other manufacturers will be late to adding them to their vehicles, if they feel its necessary at all. Because of this I seriously doubt Ford is in a hurry to upgrade their top selling 2013 Fusion anytime soon. They probably have a good 2-3 years before they even need to do any major revamps feature wise. And 3-4 years down the road when they finally do offer some of today's Mondeo offerings to the American public it will only launch the Fusion back up to maintaining its edge of being the most innovative midsized sedan offering more than its competition with each remodel.

So there are 2 points here. The first is that Due to the Mondeo and Lincoln being more closely related pricewise than the Mondeo and the Fusion the Mondeo and Fusion will share their aggressive styling and non-luxury features while the Mondeo and the Lincoln share their luxury upper-tier features. This makes the Mondeo superior to the fusion (as the Lincoln is) and guarantees many Mondeo features such as advanced swiveling or LED headlights may never come to the Fusion as its a luxury feature that would go to Lincoln.

And second, Ford is in no hurry to revamp a car that is still just barely getting notice and not even close to becoming mainstream yet. Most of America still don't even know about the new Fusion redesign and its offerings. Ford needs to work on just getting it popular and getting it sold- they are in no rush to fix what they already did and that's make it look better and make it offer more. People who find out about it are buying it quicker than Ford can make the things so I think its current 2013 model is a success and they are in no rush to add $$$ new features to a car that already peaks at over $40,000 for the plug-in model. Anything extra people WHO ALREADY HAVE A NEW FUSION want they can mod and accessorize for themselves until Ford decides to remodel their remodel and I seriously doubts it's 2014.

To be honest...the best I can see happening for the 2014 Fusion is Ford re-adding features the 2012 Fusions had they took off for the 2013- like full ambient lighting in the cupholders, full LED tail lights across the board and not just on the titaniums (as other manufacturers do), and small stuff like that...reintroducing touch moonroof buttons since they took those away, etc....small things like that i can definitely see coming to the 2014...but are any of them worth waiting 6-7+ months for when you can get a 2013 in like 6-7 weeks right now? nahhhh. Despite what some "confidential" reports may say thats been floating around the forums lately..I SERIOUSLY DOUBT Ford is going to annoucne a 2014 Fusion in April..May...June...maybe in July...and when will orders be taken? middle to late summer..and when will orders arrive? early Fall to mid fall...all in all thats like 5-6 months away when you can get one in a month and a half right now. It's way too early to announce a 2014 model and a 2014 model wasnt even shown at this years auto shows..just the 2013..which should be a huge indicator that not much, if anything has changed for the next year model. I doubt Fords going to introduce a radically redefined 2014 Fusion this year and finally announce it at auto shows 3-4 months after it's been on sale.

Edited by Powered By Fusion

I would like just to see HID on the Fusion.

I was cross shopping the current Escape and Fusion (A disagreement between the wife and I who should get what :) ) and was puzzled at the packaging/optioning and pricing. HID on escape and nothing on Fusion and you can get more electronic gizmos on the Escape at the same price points give or take a couple bucks. I just hate driving SUV's/CUV's. :D

.........................And second, Ford is in no hurry to revamp a car that is still just barely getting notice and not even close to becoming mainstream yet. Most of America still don't even know about the new Fusion redesign and its offerings. Ford needs to work on just getting it popular and getting it sold- they are in no rush to fix what they already did and that's make it look better and make it offer more. People who find out about it are buying it quicker than Ford can make the things so I think its current 2013 model is a success and they are in no rush to add $$$ new features to a car that already peaks at over $40,000 for the plug-in model. Anything extra people WHO ALREADY HAVE A NEW FUSION want they can mod and accessorize for themselves until Ford decides to remodel their remodel and I seriously doubts it's 2014.

Yep - why redesign a car that is just now starting to hit it's stride..........and we aren't even in the peak buying time of "spring". The Fusion is selling like hotcakes, they've sold 80,000 so far this year. It was the 2nd fastest seller in March. Ford quote -

Ford says the Fusion had its best sales month in the nameplate's 7 1/2-year history, and this happened with fewer incentives than on last year’s outgoing model.

Personally I'm kinda bummed.....means I'll see some other Fusions on the road - oh well, was unique for a time (no more "what the hell is that" looks) :)

Edited by Bailey151
  • Like 2

Powered by - have to agree with your thinking. Extrememly small if any changes coming for 2014 I figure - they are just getting the factory lined out - they will just keep it plugging. It could be interesting though as they bring up Flat Rock - they could introduce some new things since it is just coming on. I figure as well - in 2 years once it has become more mainstream and several hundred thousand sold they will bring some of the LKZ items down - maybe cooled seats, nicer headlights and as things evolve they will find additional options to add to the MKZ to keep it fresh and new too. I don't ever see the roof or contoured seats making it to the Fusion. We'll see some updates, but figure it will be small to none for 2014. They won't take any chance on slowing down the momentum they've got moving.

• Like 1

I would like just to see HID on the Fusion.

I was cross shopping the current Escape and Fusion (A disagreement between the wife and I who should get what :) ) and was puzzled at the packaging/optioning and pricing. HID on escape and nothing on Fusion and you can get more electronic gizmos on the Escape at the same price points give or take a couple bucks. I just hate driving SUV's/CUV's. :D

Until the MKC arrives there is no Lincoln counterpart to the Escape.

• Like 1

Until the MKC arrives there is no Lincoln counterpart to the Escape.

I still don't see why that should exclude the Fusion from having HID/LED accent lighting options. I can understand not giving the Fusion full LED headlights with adaptive lighting.

• Like 1

In the end no car has EVERYTHING any person could want. There will always be that one feature you wish it had so you would never have to look at another vehicle again...but on the brightside...most 2013 Fusion owners seem to be nagging at its lack of LED headlighting...while owners of any other vehicle are wishing their car had a handful of Fusion offerings. I think that in itself says something. At least with a Fusion you can pimp out your LED headlights and make it unique since you do it yourself and have a huge array of sellers to get different kinds of lights from. The process is cheap as LEDs cost as low as $6 bucks and once you do the accessorize you have nothing else to complain about (blatantly ignores MFT in this statement). I love this car.

Edited by Powered By Fusion
  • Like 1

In the end no car has EVERYTHING any person could want. There will always be that one feature you wish it had so you would never have to look at another vehicle again...but on the brightside...most 2013 Fusion owners seem to be nagging at its lack of LED headlighting...while owners of any other vehicle are wishing their car had a handful of Fusion offerings. I think that in itself says something. At least with a Fusion you can pimp out your LED headlights and make it unique since you do it yourself and have a huge array of sellers to get different kinds of lights from. The process is cheap as LEDs cost as low as $6 bucks and once you do the accessorize you have nothing else to complain about (blatantly ignores MFT in this statement). I love this car.

I am actually kind of glad they dont follow the "Audi" trend that is getting knocked off everywhere. Its a trend I don't particularly care for personally.

• Like 1

I still don't see why that should exclude the Fusion from having HID/LED accent lighting options. I can understand not giving the Fusion full LED headlights with adaptive lighting.

I agree and don't understand that. Fords seems reluctant to put HIDs on certain vehicles. Not sure if it's a supply thing or if they're putting that money into developing LEDs to replace HIDs or they just think that most people would prefer to buy cheap aftermarket HIDs instead of paying for expensive factory versions.

I agree and don't understand that. Fords seems reluctant to put HIDs on certain vehicles. Not sure if it's a supply thing or if they're putting that money into developing LEDs to replace HIDs or they just think that most people would prefer to buy cheap aftermarket HIDs instead of paying for expensive factory versions.

I hope thats not true from the simple fact that a halogen projector isn't designed for a HID burner. Halogen reflectors are even worse. I think its still more along the lines of pushing people to Lincoln. When the baby Licoln comes out we will see in the model refresh of the Escape if HID mysteriously disappears.

I am actually kind of glad they dont follow the "Audi" trend that is getting knocked off everywhere. Its a trend I don't particularly care for personally.

Have to agree with that sentiment. I'd prefer to be "copied" rather than the "copier".

Speaking of which - have you seen the new Avalon.....LMAO.....pretty much a direct copy of the Fusion.