2014 MKZ Colors

LOL...Actually, I've seen the MKZ in sunlight in almost every color except Ice Storm, Crystal Champagne**, and my now dearly departed Ginger Ale. :cry:

I liked the SQ indoors but when I saw it outside, I thought it was too dark (for me).

**Unless they're side-by-side or I'm reading the sticker, I find it difficult to distinguish CC from White Platinum so I may actually have seen it.

The Crystal Champagne color is more gold, than the White Platinum. I have the White Platinum and the CC looks yellow in comparision.

I was at a local Lincoln dealership about two weeks ago and they had paint chips with 2014 Lincoln Mkz printed on them. There where in fact a few color changes, a new dark blue/green called Dark Side Metallic, a new red color with a little more orange to it than the Ruby Red has. If my memory serves me correctly, there is also a new gold color the replaces the Ginger Ale color.

Dark Side and Sunset are the two new colors that showed up in the Taurus and Explorer order guides, so they must be coming to Lincoln as well. I'd be very interested to see a sample of Dark Side, sounds like what I might want on my next car.

I ordered my MKZ with Smoked Quartz based on what it looked like in the website colors. When I saw it at our local auto show I was surprised to see how dark it was, almost black or so it seemed due mainly to lighting. When I actually got the car, depending on the lighting, it isn't as dark as black and does have a bluish tint to it. I haven't had a chance yet to see it clean as we have been having quite a bit of snow but I love the color and think it actually looks quite elegant.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with the Paint Color "Ice Storm" being a tough call. It does look like an iridescent Green, then Silver Blue, then Greyish depending on the amount of Sunlight its in. I preferred the "Frosted Glass" which remained an iridescent Green regardless of the lighting. Unfortunately, it currently is only offered on the 2013 Escape and is being killed off I believe for next year. My current Fiesta I love in Candy Red Metallic and I just might opt to stick with Red again when I order my 2014 C-MAX and get the Ruby Red Metallic which looks similar but just a bit richer and deeper in color. I don`t want another Silver, Dark Grey, and the Tuxedo Black Metallic is (very) handsome but for South FL too difficult to keep clean with constant Summer rain and the heat retention issues as well.

I just recently saw the MKZ at the NY Auto Show in metallic Tuxedo Black. It looked like a dynamite color for the car, especially with the darkened 19 inch wheels.

I also saw my first MKZ with the Hazelnut interior, which is also definitely my pick over the Dune (too light for my tastes) and the charcoal (which doesn't look dark enough, in my mind... Looks very grey...).

Also got my first look there at the aluminum trim, which looks and, even better, feels great. On the downside, the lack of the wood drains the interior design of what little warmth it has...

• 3 weeks later...

Back to answer my own question about the 2014 MKZ colors.

I recently saw the color samples at a Ford/Lincoln dealership. They were page-sized but I'm sure there will be differences with real paint on actual cars. As already mentioned above by others, they will have Dark Side Metallic and Sunset Metallic. There is another new color called Platinum Dune. These colors will also be on the MKS so hopefully we will see them soon.

Dark Side Metallic (color code BT) is VERY dark. I saw the samples indoors but it's definitely darker than Smoked Quartz. I'm not an afficianado of the various shades of black but I was hard pressed to differentiate it from a regular black color. Every once in a while I got the slightest hint of a very dark blue-green but I could have been influenced by reading the description of others.

The Sunset (color code D7) was actually prettier then I expected. Some of the smaller color chips I had seen online looked very orangey copperish. On the large sample, it's actually a nice looking red that falls on the orange side of the spectrum rather than towards burgundy or purple.

Platinum Dune Metallic Tricoat (color code BK) is a hard color to describe. It's a very light looking beige color or tan with maybe a small hint of a light grey. I liked it but would definitely have to see it on a car before deciding.

Ford has some new colors. I only have the color codes and not the names for these: BR (gold), BT (DarkSide), D7 (Sunset), J5 (blue/gray which I think was called Midnight Gray or Midnight Sky or Magnetic Gray or ??, KT (reminds me of the sterling gray), NT (brown), S4 (yellowish-gold)

Jeeze the 2103's are barely a month old and we are already picking 2014 colors.

As long as you had to wait, I'm sure it felt like 2103 ;)

I've been anxious to see the 2014 colors because my preferred choice for 2013 was discontinued. It will make the difference between buying a 2013 off of the lot now or waiting to order a 2014.

I saw my first MKZ on the freeway last week and even though it was black, I was royally pissed that it wasn't mine!!

• 3 months later...
In case you haven't seen them yet, these are the new 2014 MKZ colors: Sunset Metallic, Platinum Dune, Dark Side, and Sterling Gray.

Thx....It's nice to see them side by side. I really like the sterling but went with the platinum dune. I hope I don't regret it.