Making the 2013 Fusion Energi and HyTi into real Titaniums

taylorjd

I agree, the Dual exhaust is tied to the "2.0L Ti-VCT GTDI I-4 EcoBoost", but I still say it, with the Dual Integrated Tailpipes should be the mark of the Titanium. The SE with Dual should have been two pipes with "Bright" tips and not Integrated. Just my two cents.

Funny thing, look underneath and you will see it is really one exhaust pipe that runs the length of the undercarriage to the muffler then comes out of the muffler as dual. To me dual should be what my '68 Firebird, V8 had, where half of the cylinders (4) use one tailpipe and the other half (4) user the other.

• Like 1

Funny thing, look underneath and you will see it is really one exhaust pipe that runs the length of the undercarriage to the muffler then comes out of the muffler as dual. To me dual should be what my '68 Firebird, V8 had, where half of the cylinders (4) use one tailpipe and the other half (4) user the other.

Can't run dual exhaust like that when it's a single turbo, it needs to collect all the gases in a single location to dump them into the turbocharger. From there, it doesn't make much sense to split, so it stays single exhaust all the way back, until the tips.

• Like 1

I have an SE Hybrid, and am interested in this as well. Along with the Titanium exclusive taillights, but that may be more involved and/or expensive.

I didn't know the Ti's had exclusive taillights ... Can't tell the different in the brochure. Do they light up different?

I agree, the Dual exhaust is tied to the "2.0L Ti-VCT GTDI I-4 EcoBoost", but I still say it, with the Dual Integrated Tailpipes should be the mark of the Titanium. The SE with Dual should have been two pipes with "Bright" tips and not Integrated. Just my two cents.

I get what you're saying, and agree to an extent. But that would mean Ford would have to carry 3 (count 'em, THREE) different rear bumper valences to accomodate for the different exhaust patterns. Just doesnt make sense from a design/production perspective. One less part is one less headache for them.

I get what you're saying, and agree to an extent. But that would mean Ford would have to carry 3 (count 'em, THREE) different rear bumper valences to accomodate for the different exhaust patterns. Just doesnt make sense from a design/production perspective. One less part is one less headache for them.

Maybe, but to me, making the Titanium standout a bit more from the outside (besides the name badge) makes it more desirable and therefor sell able. It is just how I see it, but I just a customer, not a car designer or Ford manager.

Maybe, but to me, making the Titanium standout a bit more from the outside (besides the name badge) makes it more desirable and therefor sell able. It is just how I see it, but I just a customer, not a car designer or Ford manager.

The gas Titanium does get gloss black (lower front and rear fascias) and chrome accents (entire window outline and the door handles) on the exterior that aren't there on the lower trim levels. This added with the different wheel options and full LED taillights give it quite a bit of differentiation from the lower trim levels. Again, this is in regard to the gas Titanium though - I would hope that these would also carry over to the hybrid and energi Titaniums as well.

The gas Titanium does get gloss black (lower front and rear fascias) and chrome accents (entire window outline and the door handles) on the exterior that aren't there on the lower trim levels. This added with the different wheel options and full LED taillights give it quite a bit of differentiation from the lower trim levels. Again, this is in regard to the gas Titanium though - I would hope that these would also carry over to the hybrid and energi Titaniums as well.

It does carry over to the Energi and Hybrid Titaniums (thank god!).The integrated tailpipes and aluminum pedal covers are the only features that don't carry over.

• Like 1

It does carry over to the Energi and Hybrid Titaniums (thank god!).The integrated tailpipes and aluminum pedal covers are the only features that don't carry over.

There is only 1 wheel choice on the hybrid titanium and Energi, unlike on the Gas Titaium that has more wheel options.

I didn't know the Ti's had exclusive taillights ... Can't tell the different in the brochure. Do they light up different?

SE Tail lamps

2013-Ford-Fusion-Hybrid_6.jpg

Titanium tail lamps

2013-Ford-Mondeo-Paris-2012-01-640x424.j

Titanium brake lamps , light up the same as the SE brake lamps

IMG_3011.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
They are still advertising the HyTi on the Fusion iPad app with dual exhaust and the tricked out pedals.

As they STILL are... along with the ambient lights in the cup holders. I mentioned to the Ford reps at the Austin Auto Show and he was surprised it was still there... /sigh

It's the last car show of the season and they hadn't fixed it by then. I have learned to let go... :-(

Edited by shaggy314

• 2 weeks later...

A little follow up. I looked into changing my cars tail end into the dual exhaust and due to cost and not getting the MD $2000 rebate, I and not doing it, for now. But here is what I found. Talking with the Body shop and Service; we are pretty sure you can do it, making it a dual exhaust as in the gas integrated Titanium and the best way maybe to get the rear end parts and the dual exhaust pipe (comes with main, muffler and dual pipes). You will have to have the existing exhaust pipe cut (somewhere in the middle) and do the same for the new one and fuse the new rear to the existing front. See the attached images.

post-49063-0-05696800-1368202882_thumb.jpgpost-49063-0-93631300-1368202897_thumb.jpg post-49063-0-83677300-1368203050_thumb.jpg

I just have to chime in here about how laughable this whole thread is. The point to having a hybrid or energy, is batteries. Batteries do not emit exhaust. Maybe they should have installed a V8 7.0 liter covette engine with the batteries and make the hybrid and energy absolutely without purpose?

• Like 1

I just have to chime in here about how laughable this whole thread is. The point to having a hybrid or energy, is batteries. Batteries do not emit exhaust. Maybe they should have installed a V8 7.0 liter covette engine with the batteries and make the hybrid and energy absolutely without purpose?

It's not the engine-- those dual exhausts are just purrty. Who doesn't like a good lookin rear end? What-- you mean, you d... nev' mind.

Edited by DelS
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Installed aluminum pedal covers and ordered parts for the integrated tailpipes($879) on 4/10/13 the day I received my HyTi. The bumper cover was backordered until 5/06/13, I then had the bumper covers painted ,the cost to do that was the most annoying expense $334 (White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic). installed parts myself and paid muffer shop $35 to adjust the old tail pipe

to properly fit inset tailpipe. All done including new 18' wheels and illuminated door sills 5/14/13.

post-49336-0-24269200-1369087645_thumb.jpg

post-49336-0-39805500-1369087647_thumb.jpg

post-49336-0-52070500-1369087649_thumb.jpg

post-49336-0-35557500-1369087651_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Installed aluminum pedal covers and ordered parts for the integrated tailpipes($879) on 4/10/13 the day I received my HyTi. The bumper cover was backordered until 5/06/13, I then had the bumper covers painted ,the cost to do that was the most annoying expense $334 (White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic). installed parts myself and paid muffer shop $35 to adjust the old tail pipe

to properly fit inset tailpipe. All done including new 18' wheels and illuminated door sills 5/14/13.

S-W-E-E-T. Enjoy turning heads.
  • Like 2

So, about $1250 to add the dual, integrated tail pipes. I like the look a lot. But not that much. Maybe some of the parts cost could be saved once more of the duals on the road start having accidents. :spiteful:

• Like 1

Yes!!! Now that is what a top of the line NRG or Hybrid Titanium should look like!! It's a beaut!!

Edited by DelS
  • Like 2

:worship: TechToys, BEAUTIFUL!!!! I wish I could have afforded it. I love the look. Glad someone did it. Ford take note!!!!!

Now That is a TITANIUM!!!! :yahoo:

Edited by taylorjd
  • Like 1

Do you know the part numbers of what you ordered? I have the aluminum pedals and illuminated door sill plates waiting to go on the car. I haven't been able to find the part numbers I would need to order for a dual exhaust conversion. I'm not sure if the numbers you gave earlier where what went in the final order or not. I'd still have to talk to the dealer and see if they were willing to take on the job.

Edited by Razdan
  • Like 1

Yes!!! Now that is what a top of the line NRG or Hybrid Titanium should look like!! It's a beaut!!

You do realize that the Dual Exhaust is not Titanium specific right? That's 2.0L EcoBoost specific.

However, glad to see Ford is owning up to their mistake and offering dual exhausts on a Hybrid Titanium as a 2014 model, as silly as that sounds lol. It does add to the symmetry of the car.

Edited by HenryVIII

Do you know the part numbers of what you ordered? I have the aluminum pedals and illuminated door sill plates waiting to go on the car. I haven't been able to find the part numbers I would need to order for a dual exhaust conversion. I'm not sure if the numbers you gave earlier where what went in the final order or not. I'd still have to talk to the dealer and see if they were willing to take on the job.

DS7Z-17K922-CA,

DS7Z-17810-DAPTM,

DS7Z-17F827-B,

DS7Z-17F827-A

Hope this helps.

• Like 2