Making the 2013 Fusion Energi and HyTi into real Titaniums

taylorjd

You do realize that the Dual Exhaust is not Titanium specific right? That's 2.0L EcoBoost specific.

However, glad to see Ford is owning up to their mistake and offering dual exhausts on a Hybrid Titanium as a 2014 model, as silly as that sounds lol. It does add to the symmetry of the car.

Your right, and that is Ford's line as well, but my point was and is, the Titanium trim level should be noticeable from the other trim levels from more then the nameplate. The Integrated Tailpipes add a higher class level and should be the mark of the Titanium. Those are my thoughts. http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/personalization/dual-integrated-tailpipes-for-the-2013-ford-fusion-hybrid-titanium-and-energi-titanium/

• Like 3

Your right, and that is Ford's line as well, but my point was and is, the Titanium trim level should be noticeable from the other trim levels from more then the nameplate. The Integrated Tailpipes add a higher class level and should be the mark of the Titanium. Those are my thoughts. http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/personalization/dual-integrated-tailpipes-for-the-2013-ford-fusion-hybrid-titanium-and-energi-titanium/

No doubt. I agree with you there. I think a central integrated exhaust unique for Hybrid Titaniums (and Energi as well regardless of trim level), something similar to the Focus ST, would be a little more appropriate. Then add in an rear lower valance for better aerodynamics.

You'll have this conversion and should Ford do something slightly different for 2014 (who knows) there's that option as well.

If I were a Hybrid or Energi owner, I would wait and see what comes down the line for 2014 Hybrid Titanium trim models to see if it's different.

• Like 1

I just have to chime in here about how laughable this whole thread is. The point to having a hybrid or energy, is batteries. Batteries do not emit exhaust. Maybe they should have installed a V8 7.0 liter covette engine with the batteries and make the hybrid and energy absolutely without purpose?

This is about personal choice to modify a car to your liking. If this is not something you have done, or would want to do, it doesn't make it laughable.

I don't want to speak for the whole forum, but we are a very polite community, and don't lecture or chide each other. That is one big reason I love this forum.

Please consider this.

thanks

• Like 1

This is about personal choice to modify a car to your liking. If this is not something you have done, or would want to do, it doesn't make it laughable.

I don't want to speak for the whole forum, but we are a very polite community, and don't lecture or chide each other. That is one big reason I love this forum.

Please consider this.

thanks

Thanks Dalesky and thanks for the support. I must admit, I would agree with Chris1970, if the Energi was an EV and not PHEV. I think I made my point here several times, but I'll say it again, the integrated pipes look better, more refined and as TechToys proved, there is no reason they could have not done it. PS: I heard the 2014 Hybrid and Energi will have the integrated pipes as well.

Installed aluminum pedal covers and ordered parts for the integrated tailpipes($879) on 4/10/13 the day I received my HyTi. The bumper cover was backordered until 5/06/13, I then had the bumper covers painted ,the cost to do that was the most annoying expense $334 (White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic). installed parts myself and paid muffer shop $35 to adjust the old tail pipe

to properly fit inset tailpipe. All done including new 18' wheels and illuminated door sills 5/14/13.

I was thinking the same mod the first day when I got my energi. Glad to see someone got it done. love it. Do you need to cut anything to install the integrated tailpipes?

• Like 1

Were the door sill plates hard to put in? How long did it take you? What extra work or steps was necessary? Was it something an average person could do or someone with at least some knowledge of wiring, etc. How did you get the lights connected? DETAILS MAN! I'M A DOCTOR, NOT A PHYSICIST! :rockon:

Edited by Powered By Fusion
  • Like 1

Were the door sill plates hard to put in? How long did it take you? What extra work or steps was necessary? Was it something an average person could do or someone with at least some knowledge of wiring, etc. How did you get the lights connected? DETAILS MAN! I'M A DOCTOR, NOT A PHYSICIST! :rockon:

Sorry Bones, I had the service guys do it. They tell me it was not had, but there is some wiring.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same mod the first day when I got my energi. Glad to see someone got it done. love it. Do you need to cut anything to install the integrated tailpipes?

Yes the original single chrome exhaust tip needs to be cut off and the pipe then raised about 1"to1.5".

Yes the original single chrome exhaust tip needs to be cut off and the pipe then raised about 1"to1.5".

FYI: if you want the dual exhaust, although untested (that I know of, unlike TechToys), my Dealership believes that you can buy the dual exhaust system, which includes center pipe, muffler, 2 tailpipes. Then cut the old and the new center pipe midway and join the two (see http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53057-making-the-2013-fusion-energi-and-hyti-into-real-titaniums/page-4&do=findComment&comment=852603 ).This would give you the same dual exhaust as the gas, but it is more complex and more expensive. I put it out there as an option, I think if and when I can do it, I may just go the same way TechToys did.

Thanks Dalesky and thanks for the support. I must admit, I would agree with Chris1970, if the Energi was an EV and not PHEV. I think I made my point here several times, but I'll say it again, the integrated pipes look better, more refined and as TechToys proved, there is no reason they could have not done it. PS: I heard the 2014 Hybrid and Energi will have the integrated pipes as well.

From whom did you hear that the 2014 Energi (Titanium) would have the Dual Integrated Bright Exhaust as well?

oops I guess it's just in the HyTi order guide and not in the Energi guide. Interestingly enough there seems to be NO mention of the exaust type at all. Dual Integrated Bright Exhaust are called out in the HyTi guide, but there is nothing at all in the Energi guide.

Edited by Toz

Between ONLY going 2 MPH over the speed limit and the personalized plates, everyone seems to be riding my @$$. When I get rear ended, I'll replace it with the duals. The mod looks great!

Or once more of the gas duals start getting into accidents and totaled their parts will start showing up on eBay and at junk yards.

Between ONLY going 2 MPH over the speed limit and the personalized plates, everyone seems to be riding my @$$. When I get rear ended, I'll replace it with the duals. The mod looks great!

good idea!

thanks. do you need to get this done first before put in the new bumper? how do you join the pipe with the new chrome exhaust? just stuck it in? I am going to order the parts once I know the steps.

thanks. do you need to get this done first before put in the new bumper? how do you join the pipe with the new chrome exhaust? just stuck it in? I am going to order the parts once I know the steps.

The Integrated "pipes" are really just slots in the bumper that the (now cut off) tailpipes just end at (with in an inch or so) the opening on the bumper. Somewhere I have photos from a gas version Titanium, I'll post them if I find them.

Yes, but it was initially advertised as a Titanium feature, and we all placed our Hybrid & Energi Titanium orders expecting dual exhausts. Sure, they clarified it later on and updated the brochures, but my original printed brochure still shows the Dual Exhaust on the Hybrid Titanium. That's what I ordered and I'm disappointed that I won't get it.

Same as with the aluminum gas and brake pedal covers ... :(

By some chance, do you still have a copy of that brochure that says the Titanium will have the dual-exhaust.

I'm just finding out now that my HiTy won't have the dual-exhausts and I'm pretty pissed. It is ridiculous that Ford would advertise something and then change it up.

As for the folks who have said you have the right to refuse the vehicle... Correct. And the typical sales contract says the dealer as the right to refuse to return your deposit.

And for those who say it's a hybrid, so it's about mileage, not about appearance and we're all missing the point... We're not. You are. The headline surrounding the Fusion Hybrid is that it's the first hybrid that gets amazing mileage and looks like an awesome car. And no... The Camry Hybrid doesn't look like an awesome car. It looks like a Camry, which is a boring box on wheels.

So... Sorry to vent. Just annoyed.

But if someone has and can scan those original sales brochures, I'd appreciate it fi you could scan and send, or point me to a PDF online.

Thanks!

• Like 1

As for the folks who have said you have the right to refuse the vehicle... Correct. And the typical sales contract says the dealer as the right to refuse to return your deposit.

Incorrect. If the vehicle they deliver doesn't match the one you ordered then there is no contract and they cannot keep your deposit.