2014 Fusion & Fusion Energi Order Guides

ice-capades

2014 Fusion Order Guide

• 1.5L EcoBoost with 6-Speed Automatic Transmission in lieu of 1.6L EcoBoost Automatic - Job #1
  • New Colors - Dark Side (BT), Sunset (D7), Dune Interior now available with Sterling Grey
  • Deleted Colors - Bordeaux Reserve, Ginger Ale
  • New Interior/Comfort - Available Heated Steering Wheel (Late Availability)
  • - Available Cooled Seats on Titanium and Hybrid Titanium (Late Availability)
  • - Available Soft Ceramic (Light Grey) Interior on Titanium (Late Availability)
  • New Functional - Available Summer Only Tire on SE Appearance, SE Luxury and Titanium AWD
  • - Available Intelligent Access with Push Button Start and Remote Start on SE Luxury Package
  • New Packages - Hybrid S
  • - Brick Red Premium Leather Package

2014 Fusion Energi Order Guide

2014 Fusion Order Guide.pdf

2014 Fusion Energi Order Guide.pdf

Edited by ice-capades
  • Like 2

2013MY & 2014MY Model Changeover Timing

2013MY FUSION

• 07/13/2013 - 2013MY Job Last Date

2014MY FUSION

• 04/19/2013 - 2014MY Order Bank Open Date (Hermosillo & Flat Rock)
  • 05/16/2013 - 2014 MY Scheduling Begins (Hermosillo)
  • 06/13/2013 - 2014 MY Scheduling Begins (Flat Rock)
  • 07/15/2013 - 2014MY Job #1 Date (Hermosillo)
  • 08/26/2013 - 2014MY Job #1 Date (Flat Rock)

It seems like Ford has really listened to the feedback of customers and has addressed nearly every complaint. There still isn't any choice of wheels for the Titanium Hybrid and they've added a note that Ambient Lighting doesn't include cup holder lights, but overall the 2014 is a very solid product and will be tough for other manufacturers to beat.

• Like 1

Titanium adds Medium Soft Ceramic (Job 2) and Brick Red interior colors. SE gets optional Intelligent Access/push button start.

The "Late Availability" notice doesn't always mean that an option won't be available until Job #2 or later. As Ford continues to resolve the Fusion scheduling and production issues, I'd expect that they'll make the new features/options for the 2014 Model Year available as soon as possible. I'd expect that the biggest factor other than order demand is the ability of the Ford vendor/supplier to provide the necessary components.

It seems like Ford has really listened to the feedback of customers and has addressed nearly every complaint. There still isn't any choice of wheels for the Titanium Hybrid and they've added a note that Ambient Lighting doesn't include cup holder lights, but overall the 2014 is a very solid product and will be tough for other manufacturers to beat.

Even with all the scheduling, production and shipping delays, the all-new Fusion has been a big success for Ford as evidenced by the 30,000+ sales reported for last month. The new features and options being made available for the 2014 Fusion can only help make the Fusion more appealing and continue to support the ever increasing sales rate. The addition of Fusion production at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant will make a big contribution to availability and sales growth but I wouldn't expect it to have a big impact until the 1st Quarter of 2014.

• Like 1

The initial 2014 Fusion Price List probably won't be published for a while yet but I've included below some sample prices (MSRP) for new options per the sample 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD order that I priced out in the CONCEPS ordering program.

• 46B - Heated/Cooled Seats - $465
  • 52A - Heated Steering Wheel - $150
  • 67B - Rear Inflatable Seat Belts - $190
  • 76B - Red Leather Appearance Package - $695
  • 77C - Wireless Charging - $195

Hope that this helps answer some of the anticipated questions regarding these new options!

• Like 3

Weird that they are putting a 1.5 EB in this, while still retaining the 1.6 for the manual only. This is the first that I have heard of a 1.5 EB.

Suprised they didn't delete the manual over the whole thing, but disappointed they didn't open up the manual to more options.

Also, they should of put HID lamps in at least the Titanium, they have had a model year to figure this out.

Good to see heated steering wheel and cooled seats, you don't have to pay 40K+ for those kind of features.

• Like 1

The initial 2014 Fusion Price List probably won't be published for a while yet but I've included below some sample prices (MSRP) for new options per the sample 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD order that I priced out in the CONCEPS ordering program.

Hope that this helps answer some of the anticipated questions regarding these new options!

Drool :drool:

• Like 1

man oh man...I still have time to cancel my '13 order.....what to do, what to do? and the duel integrated exhaust on the HyTi.....

EDIT: I cancelled my 13 order

Edited by Toz

Weird that they are putting a 1.5 EB in this, while still retaining the 1.6 for the manual only. This is the first that I have heard of a 1.5 EB.

Suprised they didn't delete the manual over the whole thing, but disappointed they didn't open up the manual to more options.

Also, they should of put HID lamps in at least the Titanium, they have had a model year to figure this out.

Good to see heated steering wheel and cooled seats, you don't have to pay 40K+ for those kind of features.

Discussed as part of the China Mondeo reveal. 1.5L is the cutoff for a lot of international countries regarding taxes or other penalties for larger displacement so they can use the 1.5L worldwide. It also has new technology first used in the 1.0L EB for better performance and fuel economy.

You can buy the pedals yourself. Together they cost $104 which is about the $100 they took off the car for excluding them. It could have been that they had a shortage of them when the 2013 was being created which has been relieved now. Who knows..but I ordered some from Ford Parts for $100 and so I'm not complaining.

• Like 1