Dealer / Ford Survey

Now as cars are stating to show up I wanted to see what folks are going to do about the survey I hear they expect perfect scores on when picking up the car. I heard from a guy that purchased a mustang and when picking up, even after he told the salesperson it would not be a good review they then asked "what can we do to get a perfect score from you" Also I was told my Lincoln CS they would rebate me one months payment amount once I pick up the car - I wonder if they will really do it since it was on a call , not in writing

As it stands for me I see almost zero reasons to give them a score anywhere close to perfect

Now as cars are stating to show up I wanted to see what folks are going to do about the survey I hear they expect perfect scores on when picking up the car. I heard from a guy that purchased a mustang and when picking up, even after he told the salesperson it would not be a good review they then asked "what can we do to get a perfect score from you" Also I was told my Lincoln CS they would rebate me one months payment amount once I pick up the car - I wonder if they will really do it since it was on a call , not in writing

As it stands for me I see almost zero reasons to give them a score anywhere close to perfect

I will tell the truth. I blame Lincoln management and not the dealer at this point. I received the same offer from CS but they could not define that in a dollar amount. Edited by coyote

I am sure they are different however our dealer was once the deal was done I had to called to get updates, then he called back. At one point he told me he could only tell me once the car was built, and once it was delivered which made him pretty useless. So in mind I could have ordered the car on line, handled the price and deposit over the phone and got the same service. I even asked for a call once a week just to touch base - Sure he said but it will be the same each week as I already told you the only info I would know. Once even told me I should call Lincoln every day for an update until they can tell me something - I called to give him the news we had a VIN, Window Sticker, build date, shipped out of Mexico, in Flat Rock > yep he is useless to me in this deal

• Like 1

I am sure they are different however our dealer was once the deal was done I had to called to get updates, then he called back. At one point he told me he could only tell me once the car was built, and once it was delivered which made him pretty useless. So in mind I could have ordered the car on line, handled the price and deposit over the phone and got the same service. I even asked for a call once a week just to touch base - Sure he said but it will be the same each week as I already told you the only info I would know. Once even told me I should call Lincoln every day for an update until they can tell me something - I called to give him the news we had a VIN, Window Sticker, build date, shipped out of Mexico, in Flat Rock > yep he is useless to me in this deal

Ouch

On these surveys you are rating the dealer not ford motor company. Unfortunately the dealer can only give the information ford gives them, which is very little. Also bear in mind that although you rate the dealer on a scale of 1 - 10 it is really a pass fail. If you rate the dealer a 9 it has the same effect as rating the dealer a 1. I was in the same position as most of you but gave up on the wait and ended up with an MKS. It was the right choice for me.

On these surveys you are rating the dealer not ford motor company. Unfortunately the dealer can only give the information ford gives them, which is very little. Also bear in mind that although you rate the dealer on a scale of 1 - 10 it is really a pass fail. If you rate the dealer a 9 it has the same effect as rating the dealer a 1. I was in the same position as most of you but gave up on the wait and ended up with an MKS. It was the right choice for me.

That doesn't seem right (9=1). I don't think anyone can be perfect which is what a 10 represents to me. If I saw a dealership rated 100% or 10 out of 10, I'd think they were making up the number.

wink wink. yes, but through Ford, and you don't have to threaten a bad survey, just relay your stress over the botched pre-order process and delays. Speak directly to a Ford rep!

Edited by xgman

Well my dealership is going to receive a failing grade, for all the items that I have mentioned previously in the other threads.!
would it help to think of FoMoCo as Carnival Cruises and the dealer as the ship's crew who helped keep you from dying of leprosy?

:stirpot:

• 2 weeks later...

Got an survey through the dealership yesterday so not sure it is the official Ford one or not. Had the impression it is just from the dealer to kind of figure out how we will respond to the Ford one. I bet we will get a call from our feedback - If not then they gave up hope on us from this entire experience I am getting the amount of one payment back next week though which Lincoln promised so that came through -

The vehicle visibility report gives them plenty of information and they can update their customers accordingly. Some dealers are either incompetent or lazy when it comes to status updates.

Hey Bill, my experience was I got a survey from the dealership(was not good) and a survey from Ford(was really not good). To date I have not had any response(didn't really expect any).

Maybe they just gave up on this launch for the first ones out. I had a friend tell me about his mustang experience and was kind of the same but the dealer tried to offer some extra services for a perfect score. My guy said to me as I was getting in the car to leave > Oh by the way you will be getting a survey from Ford and it is about me and not Lincoln / Ford. If you feel you could not give it a good review ( not sure if he said perfect or all 10's , etc ) please call me so I can try to make it right. Not sure where in the process he felt it would be a perfect score and knowing this why he would have not tried to work it out before - Felt kind of like> I am willing to try and fix this for you but not going to offer anything up front. Of well - nice car , wife is happy, happy , happy

The vehicle visibility report gives them plenty of information and they can update their customers accordingly. Some dealers are either incompetent or lazy when it comes to status updates.

My vehicle visibility report hasn't updated in at least 2 months on my MKZ. Some dealers are neither incompetent nor lazy, they just don't have any updates.