kcap

KCAPFINAL

It's going to take a lot longer than 3 weeks to retool the body shop. And since the stamping plant hasn't got the dies yet, there is no way we at retooling early.

They aren't doing a complete retool. They are just getting started on some earlier things. So they won't have to be worked on the following year when we will be down from shutdown till Labor Day.(supposedly)

It's going to take a lot longer than 3 weeks to retool the body shop. And since the stamping plant hasn't got the dies yet, there is no way we at retooling early.

Union rep told me 7 to 8 weeks. We are being told 3 weeks along with Christmas vacation at KCAP.

Heard 3 weeks in July and 3 weeks in December. All of it should be done after Christmas if they do like the 09 launch, Tooling Trial will start in January/February.

That would be miraculous considering every robot is being swapped out, and welders are being replaced by riviters.

• 7 months later...

P415 balance out on 12/8/14 with P552 Job 1 on 11/17/14. Is this even possible?

DTP retools over this Christmas and next shutdown while KCAP still runs 2014's, once DTP up and running full speed around Oct/ Nov. expect some down time at KCAP for their retool. Still fill orders for the 2014 while launching the 2015, what I'm hearing anyway.

So 3 crews starting in July corresponds with DTP's down time/launch period, shockingly I thought KC was already running 3 crews.

Dearborn Derek no way DTP will be ready to run P552 after Christmas, that come after summer shutdown and expected downtime surrounding shutdown.

Edited by lquidspine

Dearborn Derek no way DTP will be ready to run P552 after Christmas, that come after summer shutdown and expected downtime surrounding shutdown.

Well, just telling what I heard a few months ago...Frankly I don't give two shits about anything that goes on in that complex anymore...Whole place can kiss my ass.

Edited by DearbornDerek