3 new Customer Satisfaction Programs: 13B01, 13B02, & 13B03 announced April 2, 2013

superfords

Hi all,

There are 3 new Customer Satisfaction Programs for the Fusion:

13B01 Job1 vehicles may not contain (some or all) of the following ordered accessories: All Weather Floor Mats, Cargo Nets, Remote Start!

13B02 2/7 through 11/1/12 headliner wrinkling on vehicles equipped with moonroof.

13B03 Job1 through 2/25/13 SE vehicles with luxury package were built with a polyurethane gearshift knob but should have been built with a leather knob.

I'm starting to wonder if the "changes" to my Job 2 Titanium (like missing ambient lighting in my cupholders & missing stainless pedals for others) aren't just a misbuild situation?

thought you might like to know.

Edited by superfords
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing! For the 3rd one, they must mean 2013, not 2014 right?

None of the Fusions have ambient lighting, so I don't think that's a mis-built - that's a mis-design. They lowered the MSRP by $100 because they removed the aluminum pedal covers, so that's also on purpose.

Thanks for sharing! For the 3rd one, they must mean 2013, not 2014 right?

None of the Fusions have ambient lighting, so I don't think that's a mis-built - that's a mis-design. They lowered the MSRP by $100 because they removed the aluminum pedal covers, so that's also on purpose.

Yes, 2014 was a typo.

Job 1 Fusions DID have cup holder ambient lighting.

My Job 2 Ti DOES have stainless pedals

Nope, none of the Titaniums on my dealer's lot had the cup holder lighting. There are a few threads on that around here.

Is your Ti a Gas model or Hybrid / Energi? As far as I know only the Hybrid and Energi lost the aluminum pedal covers.

So, what do these mean exactly? My car would fall into 13B02 and 12B03. Do they send letters out? Do we take them to the dealer to get the issues resolved? Or is this just Ford's way of saying "we effed up"?

I don't know if a letter will be sent or just saved in the system for the next time you go to the dealer.... I input my VIN to Etis and it shows the below:

Outstanding Field Service Actions

13B03 - INSTALL LEATHER SHIFTER KNOB

So, what do these mean exactly? My car would fall into 13B02 and 12B03. Do they send letters out? Do we take them to the dealer to get the issues resolved? Or is this just Ford's way of saying "we effed up"?

In all 3 cases, the owner letters just started mailing out this week (April 1, 2013).

If your vehicle has one of the applicable programs, Ford should be sending you a letter.

No need to rush down to your local dealer as they aren't likely to have parts for a while yet.

Additionally, the headliners look like they will be ordered only after the vehicle has gone in for inspection. Apparently a repair order number & specific VIN is required to order one. Also, a headliner is a large awkward part to ship, so expect delays.

If you're not experiencing any issues with the headliner, then the dealer does not have to replace it., and I wouldn't even bother taking it to the dealer. However, if you start to notice any issues with your headliner, the information will already be in the system, and they will have information available to replace the headliner.

Mine falls into the headliner issue.

What exactly are the details on this? I haven't noticed anything wrong with mine...so far.

I didn't notice any issues with mine for a while, either, and I did look at it after seeing comments in this forum. I do have severe wrinkling around the moon roof opening and above the doors and the windshield, however. I didn't see the problem in normal daylight, but at some point I opened my garage door to back out and the bright sunlight shining into the garage from behind me brought those wrinkles into stark visibility. My wife actually noticed them first, as I rarely turn around to look while backing out of the garage. I was really shocked at how bad it looked, given that I hadn't seen anything when I first looked for it.

In any case, I can now highlight the wrinkles for anyone to see with a flashlight held fairly parallel to the headliner. Once you know they are there, you can even feel the rippling.

I was at my dealer for the first oil change a couple of weeks ago and reported the wrinkling. The service manager apparently knew what to look for because he acknowledged the problem. He also showed me a report from some Ford database that the problem was being investigated and no repairs were to be done at that time. Based on the posts above, it looks like a solution has now been determined.

A little google search turned up this information:

5876 - Field Service Action 13B02
DELIVERY HOLD - Customer Satisfaction Program 13B02 - Certain 2013 Model Year Fusion Vehicles Equipped with a Moon Roof - Headliner Wrinkles. Refer to FMCDealer.com.

If this is correct, only Fusions with a moonroof are affected.

A little google search turned up this information:

5876 - Field Service Action 13B02

DELIVERY HOLD - Customer Satisfaction Program 13B02 - Certain 2013 Model Year Fusion Vehicles Equipped with a Moon Roof - Headliner Wrinkles. Refer to FMCDealer.com.

If this is correct, only Fusions with a moonroof are affected.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out in detail today to see if I notice anything.

This is too funny. This afternoon my cell phone rang and it was my dealer. Asking me when I can bring the car in to have the gear shifter replaced (to a leather one). I never called them or contacted them about it... yet! Did dealers get this notification too? I was surprised to receive the call. I will be taking it in a few days (most likely next weekend) my schedule is too busy right now to worry about it.

Has anybody else's dealerships call them out of the blue?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RRF985
Took my car in for the wrinkles today.... :(

Although its sad you're without your car for a bit, you should be happy there is a TSB for the fix and you don't have to fight with the dealer for repair/replacement.

• Like 1

I got the letter for the first one, missing parts, in my case, the cargo trunk webbing wasn't there when I picked up the car. After a couple months of not having it, I had to make a personnal appearance at the dealer to make it happen. So I have it now. As a side note, I don't normally use remote start, so I tested it out to make sure it was present, it is. And we just have the standard Ti floormats.

I'm still waiting for a letter regarding the leather shifter. Is anyone else still waiting for a letter?

My car shows up in ETIS as needing the shifter replaced. I'm going to call Ford without the letter, since it's already in their system.