Shark Fin...more LEDs?

Bearcats98

I read here a bit ago that someone replaced their antenna with a shark fin. I would love to do that on my 13 as the OEM antenna is a bit ugly. Also is the shark fin only for satellite and the FM/AM is built into the rear window?

Also is there a Ford OEM package that will hook into ambient lighting that will offer more places to illuminate?

I'm unable to find the post or even remember if it was this forum, but here is one I've seen mentioned for our 2013 Fusions: http://www.visualgarage.com/home.html

They don't list Ford Fusion as a selection when ordering but a note to their customer service can confirm what exactly should be ordered.

I can't comment on the ambient lighting/LEDs.

I'm unable to find the post or even remember if it was this forum, but here is one I've seen mentioned for our 2013 Fusions: http://www.visualgarage.com/home.html

They don't list Ford Fusion as a selection when ordering but a note to their customer service can confirm what exactly should be ordered.

I can't comment on the ambient lighting/LEDs.

Shark fin is more important to me. Such beautiful lines and then someone said...how about an antenna here (*rummages through old Lego box*)...LOL!

Visual Garage claims FM reception will be 90 to 95% of what you were seeing. I can confirm. I had been paying attention to where the signal is weak for my favorite stations, and last night I drove those same roads. Reception was basically the same. HD fluttered in about the same places. Maybe it was a little bit worse, but 90-95% seems like an honest estimate.

And no impact on GPS or Sirius.

I am really thrilled with my VG shark fin. Makes the car look even more luxury. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Visual Garage claims FM reception will be 90 to 95% of what you were seeing. I can confirm. I had been paying attention to where the signal is weak for my favorite stations, and last night I drove those same roads. Reception was basically the same. HD fluttered in about the same places. Maybe it was a little bit worse, but 90-95% seems like an honest estimate.

And no impact on GPS or Sirius.

I am really thrilled with my VG shark fin. Makes the car look even more luxury. Highly recommended.

Thank you for adding this. This is exactly what I wanted to know!

Sharkfin pics (for some reason they are rotated 90 degrees, don't know how to fix this)

I just applied the neck rotation app. :happy feet:

How does the color match up? Also how big is the gap between the bottom of the fine and the top of the metal and is it an even gap from front to back.

To my eyes, color match is perfect.

The "gap" is a thin layer of sponge with very sticky tape. You make it even by applying pressure evenly when you stick it on. The instructions tell you to press the front down for a minute, then work your way to the back. My gap is pretty even but not exactly the same from front to back, and about 1/16".

I was more concerned about having the fin perfectly aligned and centered than with the evenness of the gap -- my nightmare was that the thing would twist as I was pressing it into place. No worries, it is precisely aligned, and any unevenness of the gap is only visible with your chin on the roof.

Snapped these a few days ago. Love the shark fin from Visual Garage. The car is Tuxedo Black and I'd say the paint on the Shark fin is a perfect match. Haven't noticed any degraded signal. Sirius and GPS both work just fine. Rarely listen to any FM or HD stations.

I think delivery was about 2 weeks, don't recall exactly - I ordered this the day after ordering the car - so it sat on the shelf a few weeks waiting on the car to come in.

For the installation - make sure and do the test fit a couple of times and use plenty of "marking" tape as described in the instructions so you know exactly where you want it during installation. Once you peel the backing off the adhesive tape and start to install it - there isn't much any backing out - that stuff is sticky.

Love it though however, a very nice addition to the car. Not the best pics - these were just phone pics after washing the other day.post-37533-0-42028100-1367034255_thumb.jpgpost-37533-0-14737900-1367034264_thumb.jpg

Guest RRF985

Being the same color car as you, I can't wait for yours to arrive either. I'm reaaaaaaly hoping you post pics. :camera:

Mine was delivered yesterday. Hoping I can get it on this week. And there will be pics.

Guest RRF985

I got mine installed today. Very happy with it.

I decided to do something unique and mount it in a special place. Definitely one of a kind! If one antenna is good, two are better right?! :rockon:

IMG_1463_zps1a45a5e2.jpg

IMG_1462_zpsae77a59f.jpg

Actually I'm joking. Here is the actual install:

IMG_1465_zps325fa60f.jpg

IMG_1466_zpsa159a6d3.jpg

IMG_1468_zps61ca46b1.jpg

IMG_1469_zps21bb6fe3.jpg

IMG_1470_zps3059cae4.jpg

IMG_1471_zps1f67f2f8.jpg

Very happy with it and the install. Measured about 30 or so times to get it right. The antenna definitely stands out to me but I think won't notice it as much as time goes on. Probably just because I've been staring at it for an hour. Definitely a worth while mod.

• Like 5