Shark Fin...more LEDs?

Bearcats98

The cardboard mask is a great idea. I'm tempted to attempt something that I normally lack the manual dexterity to accomplish sucessfully. I'm a software guy. How difficult is it to remove the existing wire antenna and wire the shark fin?

Murphy, great idea to make a cardboard template. Thanks for posting. I ordered my Shark Fin today and I will definitely copy that. The car certainly looks better with the sharkfin.

I'll second http's question, how do you get the existing antenna off?

It is trivially easy to remove the existing antenna. It just unscrews. It is also super easy to attach the shark fin to the base; just screw on the coiled wire from the fin.

I'm a software guy and all-thumbs with hardware. I had no problems at all.

The only challenge I faced was getting things lined up straight. Murphy's template is a great idea. Should be very easy to make one (until VG gets the idea to include that in their product!).

Just take your time and measure multiple times to make sure the template is centered around the base and pointed precisely north-south along the car axis. I used masking tape segments to make an outline instead of cutting out a template, and I re-positioned the tape segments 3 times before I was confident I had it lined up well.

Minimal manual dexterity required!

I ordered my shark fin a few weeks ago. As someone else mentioned... Email their customer service. Let them know what color you want...

They need the manufacturer paint code, which can be found here:

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=Ford&model=Fusion&year=2013

With me, they responded with an affirmative that they could do my color (Deep Impact Blue) and then sent me a PayPal invoice.

Looking for mine to be in here in the next week or so.

I ordered my shark fin a few weeks ago. As someone else mentioned... Email their customer service. Let them know what color you want... They need the manufacturer paint code, which can be found here: http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=Ford&model=Fusion&year=2013 With me, they responded with an affirmative that they could do my color (Deep Impact Blue) and then sent me a PayPal invoice. Looking for mine to be in here in the next week or so.

Same here, though I ordered mine about 2.5 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully it'll be shipping soon.

I forgot if I asked this before, but this doesn't have an effect on the warranty, right?

Not unless they can prove that an antenna somehow messed up whatever your issue is. The onus is on them to prove it was in fact the antenna that caused the issue.

Guest RRF985
Thanks for the pics, RRF985. Seeing that, I went ahead and ordered my own. They must have mixed enough DIB, cause they're already on their way.

Glad I could help.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone look at the Visual Garage website lately? I tried ordering one for my 13FF, but there is no Ford option under the manufacturer drop down menu. Is anyone else experiencing this? Im guessing they are just out of stock..

You have to email them