Friendly Reminder: MKZ's stay in Neutral mode (car washes)

Then it was amusing to watch them to trying to get the car back into D when it came off the car wash rails .....

I got to have that laugh yesterday when I took the car in for a wash...the one who drove it into the wash knew about putting it into neutral but the guy who got into it when it came off the rails couldn't figure out how to start it and put it into drive :)

So with that thinking, I guess you never change the oil either, eh? Just drive it til it blows up and get it fixed under warranty?

See, now you're just being rude with that comparison. Nope that's all proper maintenance if you want the car to last. It's the main parts that makes the car work that is truly important. The body is just cosmetic. Yes granted it's nice and shiny now but I'm sure it's going to get dinged and dull. We've had 4 cars and 2 of them lasted at least 10years each and still in working condition. Since this is our 5th car and an American one, she wanted to keep it nice and shiny as long as possible. Like I said it was a freebie in a way with LCS one month loan payment and it was a few dollars on the monthly just to have it. Granted I like reading your posts and thoughts but some times it comes off as argumentative and unrealistic like not changing oil. If you've read, they don't cover that. All cars need proper maintenance if you want them to get the best bang for the buck.

See, now you're just being rude with that comparison. Nope that's all proper maintenance if you want the car to last. It's the main parts that makes the car work that is truly important. The body is just cosmetic. Yes granted it's nice and shiny now but I'm sure it's going to get dinged and dull. We've had 4 cars and 2 of them lasted at least 10years each and still in working condition. Since this is our 5th car and an American one, she wanted to keep it nice and shiny as long as possible. Like I said it was a freebie in a way with LCS one month loan payment and it was a few dollars on the monthly just to have it. Granted I like reading your posts and thoughts but some times it comes off as argumentative and unrealistic like not changing oil. If you've read, they don't cover that. All cars need proper maintenance if you want them to get the best bang for the buck.

Doing maintenance on the paint is just as valid as doing maintenance on the engine or any other part of the vehicle. Just because it doesn't affect the drivetrain that doesn't mean it should be totally ignored. Your attitude sounds just like the guy who did a 2 year lease on a car and never changed the oil. Sorry but that's what it sounds like to me.

Doing maintenance on the paint is just as valid as doing maintenance on the engine or any other part of the vehicle. Just because it doesn't affect the drivetrain that doesn't mean it should be totally ignored. Your attitude sounds just like the guy who did a 2 year lease on a car and never changed the oil. Sorry but that's what it sounds like to me.

So you're basically saying every one who don't wax their car once year is not maintaining their car? To me, it's a preference or a choice if they want to. It's like those swimmers who shave their hair to get that extra oomph. I can see that but that's just not me. Just because they don't do it your way doesn't make it not right. Something you similarly said to XG.

Let it sit in the sun, let the paint fade, tree sap, bug poo, and then go get the warranty work while I drive their loaner.

So you're basically saying every one who don't wax their car once year is not maintaining their car?

You don't have to wax it at all but you were implying you'd let the paint oxidize and leave tree sap and bug poo on it then let the dealer clean it up and fix it. Your words, not mine.

You don't have to wax it at all but you were implying you'd let the paint oxidize and leave tree sap and bug poo on it then let the dealer clean it up and fix it. Your words, not mine.

I guess you failed to see the humor in the extreme range which you tend to do and plus I put a winky.