What did you do to your Fusion today?

CheesyRider

No joke! Today is day 11 in my crappy Kia Forte rental.

Kia...I giggle at that. I destroyed two Kia Rios while working in Portugal.

The Cruze is better than the Impala I had...but still cheezoid plastic everywhere. Makes me miss my Fusion more and like my Fusion materials more even though realistically they are in two different classes.

Kia - I am barely able to utter the word without getting yelled at. Every time I see a Kia Soul I say "Look! The Kia Cheese Rat Mobile" and get told "Would you quit it! That stopped being funny after the 300th time you said it"

So, I bite my tongue. Haha

So...last weekend I installed my Sharkfin...looks and works perfect...also did a partial de-badge by removing the EcoBoost badge.

Washed her up and then drove around the sunshine state of Washington seeing the sights..while watching folks stare and do double takes.

Up to this point, she already has tinted windows, splash guards, factory 19s and LED plate lights and reverse lamps.

Still to come, tinted tailights and LED DRL/parking lights..

Also, Eleanor has right at 15000 miles on her...and she is awesome!

Kia - I am barely able to utter the word without getting yelled at. Every time I see a Kia Soul I say "Look! The Kia Cheese Rat Mobile" and get told "Would you quit it! That stopped being funny after the 300th time you said it"

So, I bite my tongue. Haha

Being former military, the only thing I think of when I see KIA is Killed In Action. What are the crash ratings for the Soul, anyway?

Staying on topic, what did I do for my Fusion today? Went on the ETIS web site to see if is has been built. Not yet. ;)

• Like 2

I was told by my service dept that the sensor was only part of the error codes. The second error code requires them to hunt down the wiring harness from the sensor and look for a break in the wire. Yeah, that wont take any time at all especially when the car is not even on the rack being worked on.

Seriously becoming disenchanted...

Guest RRF985

If you don't think your car is being worked on quick enough you can always call Ford CS. Also, whenever I have a vehicle in for work I am calling at least once a day for updates. When my truck was in for a month last year I'm sure they got tired of hearing from me but I figure if I bug them enough they will get it done. You'll be happy once you have it back. I know how much it sucks waiting and having to drive a shitty rental.

If you don't think your car is being worked on quick enough you can always call Ford CS. Also, whenever I have a vehicle in for work I am calling at least once a day for updates. When my truck was in for a month last year I'm sure they got tired of hearing from me but I figure if I bug them enough they will get it done. You'll be happy once you have it back. I know how much it sucks waiting and having to drive a shitty rental.

I work in customer service as well and I know how that feels. It sucks. I am going to try at the beginning to give them the benefit of the doubt. But I get suspicious when I am told its oging to take a long time and the car hasn't moved from its spot in the service parking lot in two days.

Just frustrating as when I had my Focus they were awesome and responsive. I did request an upgraded rental and now I am driving a GMC Terrain. Which is way nicer than the Cruze I had but still not the Fusion. :(

About 90 minutes ago, finally finished a long day of pampering my ride (with multiple breaks thrown in). Wash, clay bar then Klasse glaze sealant; first time using Klasse...and it was a pain. I apparently applied too much on the hood (the first part I did). It just would not wipe off very easily. Took me forever getting it wiped off. Once I finally realized what "thin coat" really meant, no issues. But my shoulders are gonna be sore tomorrow after clay bar & sealant.

About 90 minutes ago, finally finished a long day of pampering my ride (with multiple breaks thrown in). Wash, clay bar then Klasse glaze sealant; first time using Klasse...and it was a pain. I apparently applied too much on the hood (the first part I did). It just would not wipe off very easily. Took me forever getting it wiped off. Once I finally realized what "thin coat" really meant, no issues. But my shoulders are gonna be sore tomorrow after clay bar & sealant.

Gotta see pics after the work is done man! I do that once a year on my Mustang and my arms are always sore, but I look back and the results are well worth it! Can't wait to see it.

I started a full exterior detail job today. Started at 9 am and finished at 2. Here's what I did:

Optimum no rinse wash,

Clay bar,

Klasse all in one polish,

1 coat of Klasse sealant glaze.

I'll post pictures tommorow after a second coat of the glaze. But it already looks good, and very smooth!

Edited by jinx8402