What did you do to your Fusion today?

CheesyRider

Installed carbon fiber stickers for the push button start and radio volume knob. I like them!

Ordered black out vinyl stickers for the center wheel caps and getting black/chrome Ford emblems for the front/rear/steering wheel. Can get an emblem for the wheels if you prefer that over the all black sticker shown below.

Where did you get them? I'm interested! PM if its from a secret source.

Went through the satellite radio channels and marked about half of the ones to skip that I want to skip. I'll get to the rest another time.

My trial ran out and I didn't subscribe. My issue is all the repeat stations on all the channels. I've repeatedly asked them to stop sending me mail and stop calling me.

Edited by hermans

Installed carbon fiber stickers for the push button start and radio volume knob. I like them!

Ordered black out vinyl stickers for the center wheel caps and getting black/chrome Ford emblems for the front/rear/steering wheel. Can get an emblem for the wheels if you prefer that over the all black sticker shown below. volume-button.jpg

Where are the stickers from?

Took it to the dealer today. Getting these things addressed:

1) The trim adjacent to the mirrors is starting to "peel" off.

2) A "clicking" noise coming from the passenger side A-pillar vent is getting looked at

3) Fuel tank capacity TSB

4) Fuel filler TSB

5) Washer TSB

Had the service manager himself take pictures of the trim, talk to me about each of the issues, told me he'd order the parts when they get in and fix everything in one fell swoop. So far so good...we'll see if it ends up that way.

Also - if anyone has any references for window tinters in the DC/NOVA area, let me know. It's time.

Edited by FusionNewbie

Guest RRF985
If you want another couple months free, you should be eligible. My trial expired on July 11. That day I did online chat to get a promotion and they told me I also qualify for 2 months free. After the 2 months it will be $25 for 6 months. Just some info in case you wanted a bit more free.
My trial ran out and I didn't subscribe. My issue is all the repeat stations on all the channels. I've repeatedly asked them to stop sending me mail and stop calling me.
If you want another couple months free, you should be eligible. My trial expired on July 11. That day I did online chat to get a promotion and they told me I also qualify for 2 months free. After the 2 months it will be $25 for 6 months. Just some info in case you wanted a bit more free.

Also - if anyone has any references for window tinters in the DC/NOVA area, let me know. It's time.

Not sure how far it is for you but I went to Absolute Perfection Tinting in Sykesville, MD. Great work there.

Edited by RRF985
  • Like 1

Finally got around to installing my VG shark fin today. The installation was very simple, taking no more than 20 minutes or so. There's no discernible effect on radio reception, but I live in a densely populated urban area where all of the FM stations, at least, have strong HD signals.

The paint match is good but not perfect on my Oxford White HyTi. I think it's just a question of the reflectivity and color characteristics of the paint being somewhat different when applied to sheet metal vs the ABS plastic of the shark fin. But it's close enough.

The adhesive strip is black and is visible between the roof of the car and the bottom of the shark fin plastic, so there's a thin (2 mm or so) black border that runs all around the base of the shark fin. But it doesn't look bad at all.

Edited by BadHorseChorus

Finally got around to installing my VG shark fin today. The installation was very simple, taking no more than 20 minutes or so. There's no discernible effect on radio reception, but I live in a densely populated urban area where all of the FM stations, at least, have strong HD signals.

The paint match is good but not perfect on my Oxford White HyTi. I think it's just a question of the reflectivity and color characteristics of the paint being somewhat different when applied to sheet metal vs the ABS plastic of the shark fin. But it's close enough.

The adhesive strip is black and is visible between the roof of the car and the bottom of the shark fin plastic, so there's a thin (2 mm or so) black border that runs all around the base of the shark fin. But it doesn't look bad at all.

How about a pic? :-)

I bought my Fusion Energi it's first tank of gas today, after owning the car for over 6 weeks. I was just under 1/4 of a tank left, but it's hot here and I though that the car deserved a drink. I'm getting about 120 MPG. Yes, I know that the electric augments the MPG and I should be saying MPGe, but I still get a kick out of telling my friends that I'm getting 120 MPG and showing them the display.

Tomorrow I install the shark fin antenna.

• Like 2

Installed the Visual Garage shark fin antenna. Easy to install, but definitely takes two people to get it lined up properly. Nice color match and I haven't noticed any significant signal degradation.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased. Here's a before and a couple of after photos.

post-49967-0-22743400-1374349535_thumb.jpg

post-49967-0-64718400-1374349532_thumb.jpg

post-49967-0-02764200-1374349534_thumb.jpg

I use nothing but Adam's Polishes and products.

Best you will ever get. And it's backed by a 110% Guarantee.

They have a wonderful Forum and plenty of tech support to help you make the most out of your experience. I personally bought the machine polishing kit to start and have added things here and there ever since. Once you try one product, you're gonna want them all! (cue in Pokemon theme LOL).

• Like 1

Wasn't today but I did this on Friday:

IMAG0425.jpg

In case you aren't sure what you should really be looking for. This is what it looked like 1 day before going on my vacation down to Virginia about 2 weeks ago:

IMAG0412.jpg

What happened? Piece of sheet metal in the middle of the highway, near left shoulder (getting ready to get off a left hand exit that was coming up). The jersey barrier is right on the line, so not much room to move left. Was around 4:00 PM, so enough traffic that I could not move over to the next lane (car next to me) and could not slow down fast enough without causing a rear end accident. I did my best to avoid it, but I caught the edge of the debris, causing it to come up and hit the rocker panel. I guess the best thing is that it was only the plastic rocker panel that got damaged. No other damage.

Cost to repair: 180 for part, 225 for paint (Damn tri-coat). Painted at dealership collision center, so I'm sure I paid a little bit of premium but felt it would be worth it as they said they guarantee workmanship for life (if it peels, they will repaint), plus I know tri-coats are hard to match, so I felt more comfortable with them doing the paint. I did the removal/install myself, and that only took about 1 hr to figure everything out. I have re-adjusted it since taking that picture up top, as the gap between the panel and doors didn't match the passenger side.

Wasn't today but I did this on Friday:

IMAG0425.jpg

In case you aren't sure what you should really be looking for. This is what it looked like 1 day before going on my vacation down to Virginia about 2 weeks ago:

IMAG0412.jpg

At least it was plastic and repairable. Versus metal which might bring up if it would have been damaged or created more damage. Always sucks to have to repair a car.

Damn sucks to see that. Be glad a door wasn't damaged and you losing all that factory paint. Hope it gets fixed quickly.

It's already fixed, thankfully. Yeah, after seeing that only the plastic rocker panel was damaged, I was definitely glad that's all it was.

Congrats on such a rare color! The only one rarer than that will be Ginger Ale.

One of the first Fusions I saw on the road was Ginger Ale (it was parked at my building for almost a week so I'm guessing it was a contractor). I'm sure there are a few people that like it, but man is that an ugly color.