Business Insider MKZ Review

These are the reasons they say it's a flawed car.

• The beeping designed to alert you when you are too close to another car does not stop after a few seconds. So if you stop a foot behind someone at a red light, it will beep until you're moving again. If you want it to stop turn it off, otherwise it's working as designed.

• The switch for the headlights is in an unusual place, and hard to find in the dark (a bad time not to have your headlights on). With Auto you never touch them and even if you don't want to use Auto you'll learn the location in just a few minutes.

• The very cool panoramic roof limits visibility out the back of the car when it's open. DUH

• The front seat automatically moves backward when the car is turned off. That's nice for the driver, but not for the passenger behind him. So TURN IT OFF!

• There are no audio or climate controls in the back seat. Totally unnecessary.

• Functions of the navigation system can't be used when the car is moving — even when there's a passenger present. The smart move to limit driver distraction backfires here. Just like almost every other mfr. And Ford allows you to set destinations with voice commands which is FAR safer.

• A piece of plastic behind the door handle fell off. This should never happen in a brand new, $50,000 vehicle. Shouldn't happen - but one tiny piece on one vehicle? Really?

What a joke. There are legitimate complaints about the MKZ but most of these are not among them.

• Like 1

What a joke. There are legitimate complaints about the MKZ but most of these are not among them.

I reluctantly added this to the master media list thread, but what a bizarre and warped review. I was about to do the point-by-point reply, then I saw your post appear. You should post it there as a comment (if they allow). How on earth do these guys become car reviewers. It makes me want to offer to write for my local newspaper.

The headlight switch location?? Really!?!? That's where it is on every single car and, again, the auto function... Use it...

And when did separate audio and climate controls for rear passengers (who already in the MKZ have heated seats, inflatable seatbelts, and more power and audio hookup options than is common) become commonplace on $38K luxury sedans?

And I love this line: "Exterior design and an innovative roof are not enough to overcome Lincoln's badly tarnished reputation." We're back to brand context. So merely being an excellent car isn't enough to "overcome" the Lincoln name? So this might be a very good Lexus, but a terrible Lincoln? That's absurd... Judge the car for the car...

But memo to Lincoln: Please stop giving reviewers $52K V6 testers with the pano roof that has them filtering every aspect of the car through the lens of its sticker price. Please give them near loaded $43K or so hybrid without the pano roof, especially since far more hybrids will probably be sold (30% of total mix now) than V6's. Please refer back to Saab's experience with their new 9-5's when they gave reviewers 50K+ V6's, which was a disaster. The 9-5 was a great $40K 4 cylinder car, and a hard to justify $50K V6 machine...

Edited by Iiari