New Fusion Dents Around Moonroof

tcavagna

I have had my new fusion titanium for about 4 months now and today I just noticed a deep dent in the roof. The dent is in the corner of the moonroof where the glass and seal meet with the body. There seems to be a slight dimple or indentation in the roof of each corner of the moonroof, however, one corner has an extremely deep indentation. Does anyone else have these indentations on the roof?

Yep. I don't have a moonroof, but I discovered my dents on the roof the day after I brought it home (post somewhere around here about it). The lighting coming from the rear of the car via my open garage door and the reflection of the garage door on the roof of the car helped me see them clearly. I had them on both sides of the roof near the middle, starting about 2-3 inches from the edge and roughly 5-6 inches long.

Dealer had to take down the headliner and had a paintless dent repair guy fix them. He did a great job. The morons that reinstalled the headliner and pilar trims on the other hand.........(blood pressure rising) Cost me $230 to have their incompetence fixed by another dealership, but it was worth it to never have the first dealership touch my car again.

There's nothing more disappointing for either the Dealer or retail customer to discover either vehicle damage or possible factory defect months after the vehicle arrived or was sold and delivered to a customer. Your Ford Dealer has the first responsibility to inspect the vehicle upon arrival and note any carrier damage on the Bill of Lading to support the in-transit claim and damage repair claim that will be filed. If there is no damage noted at the time of receipt, the Dealer is responsible for the cost of any repairs.

Roof damage, with or without a Power Moonroof, is always a primary if not critical concern at initial inspection as some types of roof damage will render the car to be a "category" vehicle requiring the vehicle to be returned to Ford for repair and then sold at auction. I'm not suggesting the issue described here is of that caliber as the descriptions here sound relative minor and easy to correct.

What's important here is that every customer inspect their vehicle prior to taking delivery! Should there be any evidence of either carrier damage or factory defects they should be addressed at that time and before the customer takes delivery. Doing so prior to delivery will eliminate a lot of problems afterward.

Not sure I want to try that... heard too many bad stories when using pointless dent repair.

I have never heard anything bad about paintless dent repair. You're either thinking of someone else or someone did it totally wrong. I'm talking about a pro who uses tools to pop the dent out from behind, not the DIY stuf.

Not sure I want to try that... heard too many bad stories when using pointless dent repair.

I've not heard any bad stories about professional paintless dent repair either. Like I said the guy that did mine, which the dealership uses for alot of their work, did a great job. No way to tell they were ever there. The problem for me came from the dealership "mechanics" that did the dropping of the headliner/pillars or the reinstall.

To me that is the more pressing question for you: Is it worth the headliner and pillar dropping and reinstallation and the potential issues it may cause.

What's important here is that every customer inspect their vehicle prior to taking delivery! Should there be any evidence of either carrier damage or factory defects they should be addressed at that time and before the customer takes delivery. Doing so prior to delivery will eliminate a lot of problems afterward.

That sounds good in theory, but when it is later in the evening during the winter (ie: low light), and overcast, and lightly snowing, it is easier to miss something.

Both my wife and I looked over the car with a fine-toothed comb (was on my knees at times looking at/feeling panels etc.) but missed the dents. They were not easy to see unless the light was hitting just right. Once you knew they were there, you could find them easier. Had they been discovered during our inspection I would not have purchased the car. Too many options out there to buy one with that sort of issue.

There's nothing more disappointing for either the Dealer or retail customer to discover either vehicle damage or possible factory defect

For the customer I would agree, but from what I saw, for the dealer: not so much.

I noticed a large dent on my roof in the same spot, ironically days later it was gone on its own. When i noticed it it was in the 30s outside then it warmed up and was in the 60s-70s the next day so quite a temp change over night, possibly why its gone. Either way, its gone.

I have never heard anything bad about paintless dent repair. You're either thinking of someone else or someone did it totally wrong. I'm talking about a pro who uses tools to pop the dent out from behind, not the DIY stuf.

I had over 150 hail dents removed from my car after I had it for three days. You cant even tell it was touched by hail. When I waxed it you could feel all the dents not visible to the human eye. The guy that did mine has been doing it for almost 20 years and addressed my fears of squeaking interior, or finish damage.

He did awesome. Like any other profession you need to do research and find someone good. Not as easy as it sound though.

Edited by Bearcats98

The problem for me came from the dealership "mechanics" that did the dropping of the headliner/pillars or the reinstall.

To me that is the more pressing question for you: Is it worth the headliner and pillar dropping and reinstallation and the potential issues it may cause.

There is a glue method that can be used which was done on mine because he knew (and admitted to me) that I would not be happy so he did it the longer way. By doing that he earned a customer for life.