B-MAX is Europe’s best-selling small multi-activity vehicle

New_Ford_BMAX_01-1024x682.jpg

Cologne, Germany, May 30, 2013 – The B-MAX was the best-selling small multi-activity vehicle in Europe in the first quarter of 2013, based on Ford’s analysis of Polk registration data.

The B-MAX took a 15.3 per cent share of small multi-activity vehicle sales in Europe for the first three months of the year.

B-MAX outsold Citroën C3 Picasso, Fiat 500L, Honda Jazz and Opel/Vauxhall Meriva in the first quarter of 2013.

More than half of European customers have chosen premium Titanium versions, 75 per cent specified the Ford SYNC voice-activated, in-car connectivity system and 42 per cent chose the 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine.

http://www.fordeurope.net/2013/05/30/b-max-is-europes-best-selling-small-multi-activity-vehicle/

Great news! When will this product reach North America?

It might have a chance if they make a hybrid version, a la C-Max...

Ain't gonna happen. Why create competition against yourself for the same vehicle sans the B-pillar? Both the hybrid (C-Max) and non hybrid (Escape) "wagon" segment is already covered in NA. The B-Max and Focus wagon will continue to live together, just not here.

I think the B-Max could have been a better "Fit" than the Fiesta.

The B-Max wasn't ready when Ford launched the Fiesta and introduced the new Euro/Global styling to NA. I haven't read a lot on the B-Max, but it seems it's more of an easy access compact family mover than sporty, more designed for getting to the market in a crowded European city than to the suburban mall where a Navigator has plenty of room to maneuver.

The B-Max wasn't ready when Ford launched the Fiesta and introduced the new Euro/Global styling to NA. I haven't read a lot on the B-Max, but it seems it's more of an easy access compact family mover than sporty, more designed for getting to the market in a crowded European city than to the suburban mall where a Navigator has plenty of room to maneuver.

Pretty sure all the ST goodies will fit. Built-up North American cities might find it attractive, IMHO. :)

• Like 1

Ain't gonna happen. Why create competition against yourself for the same vehicle sans the B-pillar? Both the hybrid (C-Max) and non hybrid (Escape) "wagon" segment is already covered in NA. The B-Max and Focus wagon will continue to live together, just not here.

They are not the same vehicle unless you consider the focus and the fiesta to be the same vehicle.

The market is a people who want fuel economy and footprint of a B car, but the room of a C car and the higher seating position of CUV.

They are not the same vehicle unless you consider the focus and the fiesta to be the same vehicle.

The market is a people who want fuel economy and footprint of a B car, but the room of a C car and the higher seating position of CUV.

I was looking at it from a sales POV.

I don't consider the Focus and Fiesta the same car, but they are marketed to the same customer, one who wants a small car with good mpg's.

My thought was why bring another player into the market when small size (Fiesta/Focus), fuel economy (C-Max/Fiesta/Focus), interior space (C-Max/Escape) and the CUV (Escape) segments are already covered. If anything, the market may have room for a small, efficient, easily accessible, roomy, 7 seat family mover, or in other words, a minivan (that was hard to type) that doesn't look like the Transit.

Edited by transitman

I was looking at it from a sales POV.

I don't consider the Focus and Fiesta the same car, but they are marketed to the same customer, one who wants a small car with good mpg's.

My thought was why bring another player into the market when small size (Fiesta/Focus), fuel economy (C-Max/Fiesta/Focus), interior space (C-Max/Escape) and the CUV (Escape) segments are already covered. If anything, the market may have room for a small, efficient, easily accessible, roomy, 7 seat family mover, or in other words, a minivan (that was hard to type) that doesn't look like the Transit.

It more complex than that

For example: a buyer in the market for a small car, would have a choice between larger more powerful focus less optioned focus for 18k, or a loaded but less powerful fiesta for the same price.

It isn't as simple as small car with good mpg, questions like price, space, equipment, and performance are not exclusive to larger cars.

In fact one of the most popular B cars in the US is the Kia soul, a non traditional B-car.

The niche of the soul, it commands a higher price than the Rio, and similar in price to the larger Forte.

The B-max would slot between the Fiesta and focus at 17k and max out at 23k.

The Ecosport would start $19k or $3k below the escape.

The goal is to sell more cars, if the it is no longer possible to sell 400,000of a single model how can you increase volume? You sell more models. You don't need to sell 100k per year but you have to get comfortable selling profitably 30-50k of a model.