2013 Ford Fusion Titanium

Jimcgov3

Hey everyone,

I ordered a Fusion Titanium in Tuxedo Black with all the bells and whistles including the H-spokes back on April 18th. Still haven't taken delivery but I can't imagine it will be much longer. In the meantime I have already purchased/received the gel overlays and the paint to match shark fin. Cannot wait to get my hands on this car. Looking forward to seeing what everyone does/ will do to their 2nd gen Fusion.

Jimmy

There is a sub forum above this Fusion one on the Blue Oval Forums, way up at the top of them all, that is for finding vehicles shipped. It's called "Vehicle Locator By Ford Employees". There are rules, so check on those first before posting, but if you provide your VIN, within a day or so someone will give you an update for where your car is on the train.

Be sure to read the rules very carefully.

And congrats on the Titanium! I'm picking my Black Titanium up this evening with 0 miles! It's a beautiful car!

Edited by sdotlow

There is a sub forum above this Fusion one on the Blue Oval Forums, way up at the top of them all, that is for finding vehicles shipped. It's called "Vehicle Locator By Ford Employees". There are rules, so check on those first before posting, but if you provide your VIN, within a day or so someone will give you an update for where your car is on the train.

And congrats on the Titanium! I'm picking my Black Titanium up this evening with 0 miles! It's a beautiful car!

I'm sure your car was driven at least one lap around the test track in Mexico. I've never taken delivery of a new ordered car that had 0 miles on it. Let us know how many miles are really on it.

Edited by hermans
  • Like 1

I'm sure your car was driven at least one lap around the test track in Mexico. I've never taken delivery of a new ordered car that had 0 miles on it. Let us know how many miles are really on it.

And driven onto the train, off the train at an xfer yard near Chicago, maybe another xfer yard in Ohio, then at the railyard near the destination, then at the dealer if a simple ops check is part of PDI, etc etc etc.

Added - of the 9-10 new cars I've bought, least miles ever was 3. My 2010 FFH had 4 miles it when it rolled off truck at dealer and my 2013 FFH had 36 miles -- I saw another posting where someone else noted that theirs had that same amount of miles and had a sticker in the window that the car was randomly selected for extended QA check (which apparently means 30+ miles extra)... I don't know if mine also had that sticker, didn't know to look for it at the time I saw it the day after it arrived at the dealer, and of course after PDI the stuff was all removed from the windows.

Edited by jeff_h

Thanks. I saw that sub forum yesterday. Unfortunately I don't have enough posts to make me legit. I'm working on it though.

So my gorgeous fully loaded with the H-spokes Tuxedo Black Titanium is in the garage. I'd have pics but we just got hit with a massive thunderstorm with possible hail so I wasn't going to push it. Went over the car with a white glove and fine tooth comb. Found two issues that I notified them about. Going to schedule me a return visit. Possibly have them tint the car while its there. Other than that, absolutely love it.

• Like 1

So my gorgeous fully loaded with the H-spokes Tuxedo Black Titanium is in the garage. I'd have pics but we just got hit with a massive thunderstorm with possible hail so I wasn't going to push it. Went over the car with a white glove and fine tooth comb. Found two issues that I notified them about. Going to schedule me a return visit. Possibly have them tint the car while its there. Other than that, absolutely love it.

Good call on the hail. Had mine three days before getting pounded with over 150 dents and 2600 in damage. Came out awesome by the guy that repaired it but that didn't help my ulcer!

Voila! Tinted and a really good MPG shot. Found out the best way to maintain great gas mileage. Accelerate quickly to your desired speed and cruise control. Up overpasses, decelerate slightly. As you hit the apex of the overpass slowly increase speed with the cruise control buttons back to desired speed.

Anyways. Hope you enjoy. Wowed all my friends with the park-assist. They couldn't believe it.

Thanks.

post-50427-0-96800400-1372782599_thumb.jpg

post-50427-0-70048300-1372782611_thumb.jpg

post-50427-0-00501100-1372782621_thumb.jpg

post-50427-0-43531400-1372782634_thumb.jpg

post-50427-0-57635000-1372782737_thumb.jpg

post-50427-0-92420200-1372782749_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Voila! Tinted and a really good MPG shot. Found out the best way to maintain great gas mileage. Accelerate quickly to your desired speed and cruise control. Up overpasses, decelerate slightly. As you hit the apex of the overpass slowly increase speed with the cruise control buttons back to desired speed.

Anyways. Hope you enjoy. Wowed all my friends with the park-assist. They couldn't believe it.

Thanks.

That mpg doesn't compute... I drive half city, half highway as well as following the advice you gave on accelerating and crusing and I'm averaging 22mpg.

I don't understand how you do not think my MPGs compute. I accelerate as quickly as possible without being obnoxious and then set the cruise at no more than 5mph over the speed limit. My commute is 84% highway. Mid-afternoon to work. Late evening, early hours of the morning to home. So I'm not really fighting traffic in either direction. I haven't used fuelly.com yet but a preliminary calculation had me at 24MPG combined on my last fill-up. Unfortunately I squeeze every drop into the tank, and my wife did the previous fill-up, and she doesn't even try so my numbers may be a couple more MPGs better. That pic is pure Instant Average. Shortly after at pic was taken my instant average went to 35.3 for a split second downhill at the overpass of I-10.

With the 2.0 & AWD, I can usually achieve between 32-34 MPG @ 60 mph. 27-29 MPG @ 75 mph. EPA rating is 22/31. Lifetime avg is 25.8 mpg and these are probably 75% highway, 23% city, and 2% with the gas pedal to the floor having fun with the turbo. I use the cruise and in no way shape or form do I try to slow down for any hill or coast down the hill. More work than the benefit.

A recent 23 mile stretch @ 60 mph where I had a big tailwind got me up to 38 mpg! The usual on this stretch is around 34.

IMG_20130705_161204_901.jpg

Edited by jared6788