Titanium 19" H Spoke Rims - Cleaning?

sdotlow

I love these rims as they are CAKE to keep clean. I am one of "those" guys...lol.

I wash mine with a separate buck and mitt at the end of my normal car wash. I like to keep the body and rims dirt in different buckets. I had wax the rims about 4 times a year to help brake dust rinse off easier.

Once or twice a week I clean the rims with Mequiers Quick Detailer. Why do I do that so much? My son (5) likes to help work on the car so thats a task he can do and I won't worry that he is hurting anything. Does a pretty good job most of the time too!

I use all Adam's Polishing Products on my car.

They have great wheel and tire cleaners that will not harm the finish and work really well. They offer specific wheel cleaning brushes as well to reach behind the spokes and inside the wheel drum.

keeps my wheels looking brand new all the time :)

I love these rims as they are CAKE to keep clean. I am one of "those" guys...lol.

I wash mine with a separate buck and mitt at the end of my normal car wash. I like to keep the body and rims dirt in different buckets. I had wax the rims about 4 times a year to help brake dust rinse off easier.

Once or twice a week I clean the rims with Mequiers Quick Detailer. Why do I do that so much? My son (5) likes to help work on the car so thats a task he can do and I won't worry that he is hurting anything. Does a pretty good job most of the time too!

Believe me you aren't the only one lol

Treat your wheels as if they are paint. I use Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on my wheels and it keeps them easy to clean and stay glossy. I'm trying out the Sonnax wheel cleaner to get inside the lug nut holes as well. I use a wheel brush to get inside the rim and use a MF wash mitt to clean the outside spokes. Throw in a little quick detailer afterwards and it'll keep them looking like new.

Hope this helps.

Guest RRF985

I've used Opti-seal on my wheels to make them easier to clean. They could probably use another coat but i'll probably wait until I put the winters back on. These wheels are super easy to clean though. I also use quick detail spray on them between washes.

• 4 weeks later...

i USE THE LEFT OVER SOAP AFTER WASHING THE BODY WITH A SOFT BRISTLE BRUSH FROM mOTHERS. eVERY 3-4 MONTHS i THROW SOME WAX ON THEM. aS MENTIONED ABOVE A FEW TIMES. tHEY are painted and you need to care for them the same way as the body.

sorry about cap locks. I'm a 2 finger plucker typer and don't look up at the screen . Too lazy to go back and change it.