'15 Mustang revealed????

I guarantee you if the Mustang showed up with the Fusion nose first no one would be calling the new Mustang a Fusion Coupe or saying the Mustang copied the Fusion. They would however be praising the Fusion as looking like a four door Mustang.

Anyway we all have to deal with what common morons don't know which is these cars were developed together and by timetable the Fusion came out first, so the front end is considered a Fusion front end. However when the Evos came out before the Fusion was ever revealed , it screamed Mustang to me with it's big mouth grille set up high. And most of the 2010-14 Mustang body side lines showed up in the same places on the Evos but further enhanced and developed.

• Like 1

And not unlike the Mustang:

1969+Ford+Mustang+Boss+429-Left+viewes.j

I mean the Mustang fastback was basically the Torino's fastback shape with a 500XL style C pillar kickup.

Don't get me wrong. I love the cars from the 60s, but I think it might be a bit revisionist to suggest that 'family' style at Ford is a recent thing....

Drool towel please :drool:

• Like 1

That's so funny considering Ford dug into the full sized Ford parts bin for things like the headlamp bezels and taillamp bezels and lenses to create the Thunderbird... And then they call the full sized Fords as having Thunderbird styling hahahahaha!

The early prototype for the '55 T-Bird even had the Fairlane "Checkmark" side trim that was favored by the designer George Walker but dropped from the production models. Many of the '55-'56 cars were fitted with the Fairlane headlight bezels which had chrome trim above the headlight that was omitted on the T-Bird.

post-16479-0-67190200-1377268685_thumb.jpg