'15 Mustang revealed????

One detail in particular on that render that I hope is true is that the rear quarter glass is no longer a separate isolated window panel. That detail has gotten ridiculously old on the 05-14 models with zero change to it at all the entire time.

The problem is with the b-pillar on the car...they can't have an opening in it without impacting side impact strength....it might be possible, but I don't think the alternative would look that great either....a piece of glass with a big black strip going through the middle.

The direction of the mustang in the grill hasn't changed. I just looked through a book on the history of the mustang and they all face the same direction as that shown above on the s197.

I almost didn't remember what way mine faced since I replaced it with a coiled snake. ;)

Edited by NickF1011

Well, it looks like a good compromise between the "retro" and "evos" stylings. Some pics online show a lot of rear tire, too, which might indicate a Shelby mule...and Ford addressing what has been a weakness in recent Shelby Mustangs, too little rear tire to actually use all the power on hand.

Hopefully, they don't bother with non-functional scoops on this generation!

The problem is with the b-pillar on the car...they can't have an opening in it without impacting side impact strength....it might be possible, but I don't think the alternative would look that great either....a piece of glass with a big black strip going through the middle.

As long as most of the pillar width was covered by glass, what's behind it wouldn't be particularly noticeable. Many vehicles have used that trick over the years. It becomes even easier to apply to fixed glass such as it would be on the Mustang.

As long as most of the pillar width was covered by glass, what's behind it wouldn't be particularly noticeable. Many vehicles have used that trick over the years. It becomes even easier to apply to fixed glass such as it would be on the Mustang.

They make convertibles without a b-pillar, I don't see why they couldn't make a b-pillarless hard top.

The did swap the Cobra emblem a few years back. It switched sides and directions, IIRC.

The '93-95 Cobras used the same emblem on both sides so the passenger side was facing to the rear. As for recently, the '10-14 GT500 moved the grille badge from the driver's side to the passenger's - still faces to the right on both though.

Edited by NickF1011

Horse is facing the wrong way. Wonder why that is.

The grille horse has always run right to left. American racehorses run left to right.

As Lee Iacocca responded in 1964, It runs that way because it's a wild horse not a thoroughbred.

http://designshack.net/articles/graphics/five-fascinating-things-you-didnt-know-about-famous-car-logos/

Edited by Mark B. Morrow
  • Like 1