Obamacare-Because this needs it's own thread

Glad you found something to laugh about.

You've managed to keep your I face the same threats as the president paranoia in check for awhile, so the medicine must be working.

And you know full well I have never asserted that I face the same threats. Au contraire mon frère. But I have asserted that no man has a right to higher protection than me....or you. Need and right are not mutually exclusive.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

I see now that your side has lost that you've cone a little unglued.

Actually when you look at it they have won. More status quo career politicians will likely get the boot next time around. That's on both sides when you take a look at the peoples approval ratings of them.

Time is finally coming to get some new people in there that actually work for us.

Actually when you look at it they have won. More status quo career politicians will likely get the boot next time around. That's on both sides when you take a look at the peoples approval ratings of them.

Time is finally coming to get some new people in there that actually work for us.

No. Your side will elect more Tea Baggers who didn't work for Americans at all during the shutdown.

No. Your side will elect more Tea Baggers who didn't work for Americans at all during the shutdown.

There you go again with one of those catch phrases. Look at the approval ratings of the Dems, there will be changes on that side also.

They are trying to fix a government that is unsustainable and rotting from the inside.

This country is founded on the precept that all men are created equal.

And I have a RIGHT equal to there president's. Whereas the NEED may not be equal.

You fail to understand that you have the same right as Barack Obama but not as the Office of the President. And the individual does not actually gain any increased rights, rather there are individuals who gain the ability to do certain things in defense of the Office.

You fail to understand that you have the same right as Barack Obama but not as the Office of the President. And the individual does not actually gain any increased rights, rather there are individuals who gain the ability to do certain things in defense of the Office.

Really?

Again....and again, and again, and again........you confuse RIGHT and NEED.

The life of no president, senator, representative, ambassador, secretary of state, general..........is ANY more precious than mine......and a president is elected from among "the people" and is always no more than a citizen. Though, he campaigned to perform DUTIES for the country.

WE DO NOT HAVE A KING.....aka, Royalty.

And where does that right come from?

Cite chapter and verse.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 1

Really?

The life of no president, senator, representative, ambassador, secretary of state, general..........is ANY more precious than mine......and a president is elected from among "the people" and is always no more than a citizen. Though, he campaigned to perform DUTIES for the country.

Cite chapter and verse.

In your mind you may believe your life is just as precious as the Presidents, but the people that provide protection for the office of President would deem you to be expendable if it was between you and the President.The President has a higher right and need than you do whether you believe it or not.

In your mind you may believe your life is just as precious as the Presidents, but the people that provide protection for the office of President would deem you to be expendable if it was between you and the President.The President has a higher right and need than you do whether you believe it or not.

All human life has the same value, its the presidents elected job that comes with the added protection.

Its other peoples job to protect the person in that position.

Individuals owning firearms protecting their families is similar but its not a job, its being responsible and prepared.

• Like 1

The Secret Service is empowered to sacrifice their individual lives to protect the president. They ARE NOT authorized to go "Guns Ablazing" through a shopping mall gunning down innocents to clear a path to safety for the president.

Are you saying your daughter's life is/was expendable to protect George Bush?

NEED and RIGHT. Idiots cannot separate the two.

• Like 1

Really?

Cite chapter and verse.

Again and again your paranoia and self-aggrandizement show up here.

Your life in terms of our society is not equal to others nor would your death have the same effect on our government. That is just how things work out, as we can understand that metaphysically our lives are equal but in our world they do not have the same effect.

Some deaths make really small ripples across the pond and some make splashes sending much bigger waves.

My kids lives are more important to me, but not to our country. I don't find that concept hard to understand or accept so your continual rejection leaves me wondering.

As for your anger over needs and rights, whatever. Enjoy your constant dogmatic ideological struggle over such.

Again and again your paranoia and self-aggrandizement show up here.

Your life in terms of our society is not equal to others nor would your death have the same effect on our government. That is just how things work out, as we can understand that metaphysically our lives are equal but in our world they do not have the same effect.

Some deaths make really small ripples across the pond and some make splashes sending much bigger waves.

My kids lives are more important to me, but not to our country. I don't find that concept hard to understand or accept so your continual rejection leaves me wondering.

As for your anger over needs and rights, whatever. Enjoy your constant dogmatic ideological struggle over such.

As for dogma, where does the president become more sacred a life than any of those who he represents?

You're making an ASSUMPTION. Where I can cite the founding documents.

Be sure to "take a bullet" for your president.....or throw your child in front to provide cover for him.

You have a king. I do not.

As for dogma, where does the president become more sacred a life than any of those who he represents?

You're making an ASSUMPTION. Where I can cite the founding documents.

Be sure to "take a bullet" for your president.....or throw your child in front to provide cover for him.

You have a king. I do not.

You work (ed) at Ford, trust me that Allan Mullally has better protection than you at the job. Is he a king too?

I don't have to take a bullet for the officeholder because he has the requisite security in place already. It comes with the job.

As for documents, I'm surprised that you would suggest that government is the provider of rights by suggesting that only a document of government gives us our rights.

• Like 1

You work (ed) at Ford, trust me that Allan Mullally has better protection than you at the job. Is he a king too?

I don't have to take a bullet for the officeholder because he has the requisite security in place already. It comes with the job.

As for documents, I'm surprised that you would suggest that government is the provider of rights by suggesting that only a document of government gives us our rights.

You are as dense as a log. It's pitiful. I am beginning to feel guilty giving you such a thrashing about your continued failure to understand a simple concept. Right as opposed to Need.

"You work (ed) at Ford, trust me that Allan Mullally has better protection than you at the job. Is he a king too?"

Allan Mulally has no rights to better protection than I do, or the president. He has better protection because he has a need and the ability to pay for it. But, he has no greater right than I.

And no, he is not a king. You are the one who holds certain people higher than any other citizen.

"I don't have to take a bullet for the officeholder because he has the requisite security in place already. It comes with the job."

You just said Obama's protection team could mow down innocents to save his life. So, you suggest they would be within "rights" to take your life to save his. Are you dodging your own position now? I say you are.

"As for documents, I'm surprised that you would suggest that government is the provider of rights by suggesting that only a document of government gives us our rights."

At least I can present supporting documents. You, however, are only providing your OPINION. And one you are trying to skirt at the same time.

The documents DO NOT GIVE ANYONE RIGHTS!!!!! They enumerate certain ones to name them specifically, as god given, meaning they exist prior to and even in the absence of government. It does, however, stipulate those rights not specifically granted to the federal government or the states, are held by the people. Therefore, the government only has the rights that we, the people, have delegated to them.

You really should do some constitutional reading instead of spreading lies.

• Like 1

LH, to the extent this quote did not apply to you or your comments, I offer my apologies. I was working on my mobile phone and memory. I thought this quote was from you.

But, upon further review, you are suggesting your children (which you claim to not have) would be less valuable than the life of the president. Therefore, it can be extrapolated that you would accept their death as innocents in the name of protecting the president.

Would you feel the same if the president was Bush?

The life of my child(ren) is not as important to society as it is to me. I can't change that and it doesn't bother me that the office of President is more important to society,

I don't believe that means my kids life is expendable.

I don't refute that your or my life is not as important to society as a movie star, author, baseball player, or city dog catcher. Only my family and co-workers would take notice of my passing, where some people are more publicly recognized.

And the life of a president would certainly affect millions in this country and others.

But, all men are created equal. Are you refuting that?

And society is a poor judge of a human life's worth.

Are you suggesting it's less wrong for the murder of a homeless man than you....me....Brad Pitt.....Rachel Maddow....Barry Soetero?

Or that Barack H. Obama's life is more sacred than your's?

A president NEEDS and DESERVES the highest level of safeguarding. Threats to his life would corrupt his ability to make critical decisions. That's why they have Secret Service protection for life AFTER being in office. And their family as well. Michelle is not in OFFICE. She is protected to minimize the possibility of kidnap or murder attempts which a president could be manipulated to betray the country in the name of protecting his wife and family.

The same goes for congress and SCOTUS members.

Their lives are no more precious, but we offer protection to limit their decisions from being manipulated by nefarious forces.

But, he does not have the right to murder a city of citizens to protect his life. And neither do I to protect mine.

• Like 1