Obamacare-Because this needs it's own thread

Look Fired,

Gerrymandering is corruption!

You and your party will cheat relatives and family at at any cost. It's proven in your GOP thinking. You don't care about anyone but yourself, including you're own family you dumb ass. You want to ruin the Country to control the Country for the rich. Fu** Yo* and the stupid bastards that follow,

Gary

Look Fired,Gerrymandering is corruption!

You and your party will cheat relatives and family at at any cost. It's proven in your GOP thinking. You don't care about anyone but yourself, including you're own family you dumb ass. You want to ruin the Country to control the Country for the rich. Fu** Yo* and the stupid bastards that follow,

Gary

Gerrymandering (aka. redistricting) is Constitutional, according to the SCOTUS. Maybe they're just stupid bastards, too.

Perhaps we could call this form of debate Gary-mandering?

• Like 1

Gerrymandering (aka. redistricting) is Constitutional, according to the SCOTUS. Maybe they're just stupid bastards, too.

Perhaps we could call this form of debate Gary-mandering?

Gerrymandering is a tool used by both parties. I know there are districts in California and Illinois specifically set up to keep electing Democrats. I'm sure there are many more.

Look Fired,Gerrymandering is corruption!

Gary

The mental midget writes again

• Like 1

I always wonder why they can't just develop some sort of mathematical program that automatically divides states into neat little districts based on an agreed upon set of criteria. Boom. Push a button. Districts are redrawn. Nobody is favored. I'm sure it's possible, but politicians would never go for a system that's actually neutral and fair.

On a side note, Robert said he thinks he figured out the quoting issue and should have it fixed sometime today.

I always wonder why they can't just develop some sort of mathematical program that automatically divides states into neat little districts based on an agreed upon set of criteria. Boom. Push a button. Districts are redrawn. Nobody is favored. I'm sure it's possible, but politicians would never go for a system that's actually neutral and fair.

On a side note, Robert said he thinks he figured out the quoting issue and should have it fixed sometime today.

I'm sure it's possible. In Pennsylvania, for example, all you would have do to is program the software to make sure that the population of each district is roughly equal, and that splits in municipalities are minimized (as per a recent state Supreme Court decision). The problem, of course, is getting both parties to agree to use it.

Edited by grbeck

You are expecting politicians to defeat one of their primary re-election tools.

And they sure kick and scream if you mess with it. As long as it works for them*.

*-either party

• Like 1

Then there's this:

Only 2 People Attend 'Obamacare and You!' Event in South Carolina

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/only-2-people-attend-obamacare-and-you-event-south-carolina_762419.html

If you had attended, they could claim "a few" people attended.

As it stands, they can only claim "a couple" of people attended.

Were they counting the organizers present or the water and bumper sticker distributors?

• Like 1

If you had attended, they could claim "a few" people attended.

As it stands, they can only claim "a couple" of people attended.

Were they counting the organizers present or the water and bumper sticker distributors?

I've noticed that the liberals here have had very little to say about aca since its launch....strange...

• Like 1

I've noticed that the liberals here have had very little to say about aca since its launch....strange...

What launch?

There were rumors the American People could sign-up for better health insurance at lower rates with the doctor they had and could keep, it would pay for itself.

Haven't seen any evidence of any of these things.

I guess failure to provide 80% of promises made is good enough.

• Like 1

See what you tax dollars can do for you?

Trust them. They know best how to spend your money, money you exchanged your limited minutes on Earth for, so politicians can use that money how THEY see fit. Oh, and your grand-daughter will have to pay off tens of thousands in her lifetime for your comforts.

Better hope she can get a job better than McDonald's after the $100,000 in tuition it costs for a degree. There won't be much for your grandchild after she pays for your free healthcare, social security, and feel-good social programs.

EXCLUSIVE: Just 51,000 people completed Obamacare applications during the website's first week, out of tens of millions of Americans in 36 states Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 1

Just pick one and begin.

Luckily, I don't have a doctor at United Healthcare......

And now, thousands of patients don't have theirs anymore either.

Thousands of doctors fired by United HealthCare

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH)-- In the midst of major changes in health care, UnitedHealthCare has sent thousands of pink slips to Connecticut doctors.

Termination letters went to physicians caring for Medicare patients. Those letters were sent out to doctors caring for 'Medicare Advantage' patients. It's a plan, marketed to Seniors to provide additional services through UnitedHealthCare.

A mix of primary care and specialty doctors are affected by it. And it comes at a questionable time.

Open enrollment for Medicare starts next Tuesday, and it's still not clear at this time as to which doctors are still in the United network.

The Connecticut State Medical Society is fighting back. The biggest concern is patient access to healthcare.

"What the government is looking for is to manage better care by adding a patient centered medical home so that you have a doctor who is totally invested with taking care of every aspect of the patient and coordinating it. This is clearly not a patient centered decision," said Dr. Michael Saffir, President of CT State Medical Society.

Dr. Saffir says the State Medical Society is in contact with UnitedHealthcare. They are also asking doctors to call United to find out why they were terminated without cause as notified in the letter.

• Like 1