Mideast Crisis

Is anyone else starting to feel a bit jumpy about the way events are unfolding in the Mideast a present? I'm viewing the whole region as a powder keg...and I hope any involvement into Syria isn't a lit match. This might be a bit more serious a topic than who said what about who's skin...

http://news.yahoo.com/on-syria--is-obama-treading-in-bush-s-iraq-footsteps--151321791.html

http://news.yahoo.com/us-working-details-military-strike-syria-132137824.html

And many more...

I find these reports to be rather ominous...How ready are you for WWIII?

Is anyone else starting to feel a bit jumpy about the way events are unfolding in the Mideast a present? I'm viewing the whole region as a powder keg...and I hope any involvement into Syria isn't a lit match. This might be a bit more serious a topic than who said what about who's skin...

http://news.yahoo.com/on-syria--is-obama-treading-in-bush-s-iraq-footsteps--151321791.html

http://news.yahoo.com/us-working-details-military-strike-syria-132137824.html

And many more...

I find these reports to be rather ominous...How ready are you for WWIII?

Good thing we have a Nobel Prize winner leading the country and the world to a peaceful resolution.

• Like 1

Who ever thought there would be repercussions for that little invasion back in 2003? Total destabilization of the area? Unintended consequences are a pain in the ass.

Syria's problems are caused by Afghanistan/Iraq? Sure, that area has been rock-solid stable for hundreds of years......not. It's not like wars only started there in 2003.

But, unintended consequences are often remotely related.

Actually... yes it is...

lol.

It's going to get quite crowded in the Mediterranean -

With Vlad the mad at the Russian helm this introduces even more instability in the region. I think these events may be

a bit more urgent than what color Obama's underwear is or how well someone thinks he wears them...

Actually... yes it is...

lol.

With Vlad the mad at the Russian helm this introduces even more instability in the region. I think these events may be

a bit more urgent than what color Obama's underwear is or how well someone thinks he wears them...

Or what late-night talk show he shows up on instead of a press conference.

Who ever thought there would be repercussions for that little invasion back in 2003? Total destabilization of the area? Unintended consequences are a pain in the ass.

What an ignorant uneducated comment.

Personally I don't think we should take any action at all in the matter.

Edited by BlackHorse
  • Like 1

I first heard that there was "slam dunk" (heard that term before) evidence of use of chem weapons by Assad, but then maybe not so slam dunk. I wonder if that could be Obama's wiggle room to back away from the 'red line' statement...

- We have strong indication of use of chem weapons

- However we have other indications that also raise questions

- I know what I said about the red line, but I choose to continue to investigate rather than go in with guns blazing when the intel had some doubt, unlike the previous administration.

That deflects the message into being unlike that cowboy Bush, and the pressure to strike fizzles while the investigation and working with the UN continues.

Actually... yes it is...

lol.

Here is an interesting opinion of Russia.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/97797d0a-1095-11e3-b291-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2dP5qW3jf

Russia does not have to do anything, it can just sit quiet. The situation is advantageous to Moscow. Our leaders will be only too happy to see the US start a new war it cannot win.

I bet though that if it was done the right way here and Congress voted on it you would get the same result.

It may not matter if it is done "right" or not.

I don't hear a broad outcry for Obama's stagecraft of alerting Syria a week in advance (so to speak) so that there will unlikely be any loss of human life. Just inconveniences.

Geesh, if Syria DID feel threatened when Obama set the "Red Line" :fear:, there's no doubt he feels MUCH better now. :banana piano:

Could THAT be considered giving comfort and aide to the enemy? Advance notice of intended targets? Hmmmmmmmm :headscratch:

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

Stay out of it. Even if we help the fighting will still continue when we pull out. Sometimes you need to let countries handle affairs themselves no matter how bad a leader they have.

First sentence:

I am inclined to agree.

Second sentence:

Very likely. But how do we protect and maintain the "agreement" that war shall not include the use of chemical weapons, if we do nothing when it is proven to have been used. (Granted, there is debate about this. And I wouldn't put it past Al Qu'ida to sacrifice civilians to institute a "false flag" manipulation of international forces to attack the Syrian government troops.)

Third sentence:

Let me quote this gem:

Sometimes you need to let countries handle affairs themselves no matter how bad a leader they have.

Let's start in our own country.