NAPA Auto Parts Dropping MWR Toyota Sponsorship

Aarons left my guy Chase Elliott to go to the cup level with full sponsorship at MWR. Now, do they really want to spend 15 million plus with a bunch of known cheats that struggle to get into the top 10? I bet if you were a fly on the wall at MWR they would be in full panic mode about now. By the way, Ford let Chase Elliott get away from them because Jack Roush is so tight. He is going to come back to haunt them and in a Chevrolet of all things.

All I'll say about Roush at this time is he'd better find a way to look long and hard at what they're doing because brand new comers Penske and RPM in many cases are out racing the Roush cars with the same engines.

I have to agree that the Penske cars are qualifying fast and running in the top ten...however, Roush hasn't blown engines recently like Logano and Keslowski have while leading...which really hurt them. Hope they get that engine issue resolved! Are we going to be seeing the Doublemint Waltrip Twins on the microphone during the races next year...since Mikey is apparently in hot water...unless the Japanese Toyota Commanders want to keep him to continue attacking the American Fords and Chevies! Tora! Tora! Tora!

We'll see about Chase. I'd kinda love it if Chase had his developmental efforts paid for by GM/Hendrick and then left them for Ford in a reversal of what happened with Kahne and Gordon both.

Aarons left my guy Chase Elliott to go to the cup level with full sponsorship at MWR. Now, do they really want to spend 15 million plus with a bunch of known cheats that struggle to get into the top 10? I bet if you were a fly on the wall at MWR they would be in full panic mode about now. By the way, Ford let Chase Elliott get away from them because Jack Roush is so tight. He is going to come back to haunt them and in a Chevrolet of all things.

As Jack has stated that he's backing off his duties somewhat, I'm hoping that younger and more flexible minds in the organization can help it evolve...though the cars have been coming on recently. The trick is stopping Kenseth from running away with it, which might happen anyway if more Toyota engine problems continue.

All I'll say about Roush at this time is he'd better find a way to look long and hard at what they're doing because brand new comers Penske and RPM in many cases are out racing the Roush cars with the same engines.

We'll see about Chase. I'd kinda love it if Chase had his developmental efforts paid for by GM/Hendrick and then left them for Ford in a reversal of what happened with Kahne and Gordon both.

Anything is possible. However, Hendrick seldom loses good people because he takes care of them unlike Jack who runs them into the ground. Chase's future is uncertain at this point with no sponsorship for next year at all right now that I know of. Rumor has it they are looking to put him in the trucks full time if a deal can be struck. I cant see Hendrick letting this kid get away without some serious effort. This kid really shows a lot of promise. I cant believe he is only 17.

By the way, Chase will be running the ARCA race Friday at Kentucky.

I'll likely have to watch that ARCA race. I'm still a big fan of Bill Elliott, who came on when David Pearson was gone from the Wood Brothers and Neil Bonnett wasn't getting it done. NASCAR had just gotten more widely available on cable when Bill reset all the speed records and was the scariest driver on the superspeedways.

I'll likely have to watch that ARCA race. I'm still a big fan of Bill Elliott, who came on when David Pearson was gone from the Wood Brothers and Neil Bonnett wasn't getting it done. NASCAR had just gotten more widely available on cable when Bill reset all the speed records and was the scariest driver on the superspeedways.

Huge Bill Elliott fan here also. Chase won the ARCA race earlier this year at Pocono at 17 years old. Granted it was a Hendrick built car but he is as cool as a cucumber to be so young.

Aarons has been with MW since the 90's.

Yeah, it would be great to see a full-season sponsor like NAPA allow Roush or Penske add a team. Honestly, Penske seems more capable since the 17 still needs to develop before another team comes back.

The lack of series sponsor for the moving on Nationwide series may be a better option with associate money on a Cup team, but there seems to be a good deal of discussion of Truex Jr. and NAPA going elsewhere as a package deal. Truex Jr. seems to be all class, far above the MWR organization and fitting for either clean-cut big time Ford organization.