Why buy an Escape?

V8-X

How about an Explorer? I love my new Explorer.

Wife dislikes the Explorer look, to her the style reminds her too much of every other mid-size CUV on the road these days. Plus the size was a factor. As stated in a previous post, she really wanted a Flex, but after a couple test drives she found it was simply to big for her liking in day to day travels and why we downgraded in size.

And the survey says.....

After much contemplation, the wife narrowed her options to the Legacy and Rogue. She likes the new Rogue, but was too anxious and couldn't wait. So we spent quite a few hours testing driving and looking at different exterior color combos, which were limited since she wanted the light interior.

After much debate, the wife went with a 2013 Rogue S with Special Edition. As stated previously, the wife isn't into leather, nor many bells and whistles. The Special Edition package gave her all she wanted in a back-up camera and bluetooth. It also provided alloy wheels over the steel wheels with caps and XM satellite radio.

The deciding factor of the Rogue over the Legacy was ultimately the slightly higher seating position. We've also had great history with Nissan products, owning an '86 Pulsar and '04 Altima, as well as having owned a '76 (Datsun) B210 and '93 SER. Placed an order for WeatherTech front, rear and cargo floor liners this weekend, being winter is right around the corner. And man they've gone up in price since ordering them for my '06 F150.

Rouge1_zpscf32c4f1.jpg

Rouge3_zps43b4a851.jpg

On a side note, my father-in-law's girlfriend purchased a new Escape this past week. No pics or ideas on the pkg or options as of yet, but will provide them next time I see the two of them. Good news is though, she converted over from driving a Malibu.

And the survey says.....

After much contemplation, the wife narrowed her options to the Legacy and Rogue. She likes the new Rogue, but was too anxious and couldn't wait. So we spent quite a few hours testing driving and looking at different exterior color combos, which were limited since she wanted the light interior.

After much debate, the wife went with a 2013 Rogue S with Special Edition. As stated previously, the wife isn't into leather, nor many bells and whistles. The Special Edition package gave her all she wanted in a back-up camera and bluetooth. It also provided alloy wheels over the steel wheels with caps and XM satellite radio.

The deciding factor of the Rogue over the Legacy was ultimately the slightly higher seating position. We've also had great history with Nissan products, owning an '86 Pulsar and '04 Altima, as well as having owned a '76 (Datsun) B210 and '93 SER. Placed an order for WeatherTech front, rear and cargo floor liners this weekend, being winter is right around the corner. And man they've gone up in price since ordering them for my '06 F150.

Congrats!

On a side note, my father-in-law's girlfriend purchased a new Escape this past week. No pics or ideas on the pkg or options as of yet, but will provide them next time I see the two of them. Good news is though, she converted over from driving a Malibu.

Interesting, given your FIL's issues with his work-issued Escape. Glad to hear of a convert!

Congrats!

Thanks! She loves it so far, but only been about 5 days. And of course the little kids love it, but anything new is always cool to them.

Interesting, given your FIL's issues with his work-issued Escape. Glad to hear of a convert!

That's what I'm saying. Will have to talk to them as I'm puzzled about why she'd opt for an Escape when he's had issues with his and she knows how displeased he is. Then again, maybe she was simply tired of hearing me nag her about driving a Chevy and she needed to upgrade to a Ford. If so, hope the nagging her about them Chiefs will get her to jump to becoming a Broncos fan. Yeah, I know, those last two are unlikely, but it sounded good.

Anyways, I'll try to get the scoop from her the next time I see her, including the motor, pkg and options she selected.

Thanks! She loves it so far, but only been about 5 days. And of course the little kids love it, but anything new is always cool to them.

That's what I'm saying. Will have to talk to them as I'm puzzled about why she'd opt for an Escape when he's had issues with his and she knows how displeased he is. Then again, maybe she was simply tired of hearing me nag her about driving a Chevy and she needed to upgrade to a Ford. If so, hope the nagging her about them Chiefs will get her to jump to becoming a Broncos fan. Yeah, I know, those last two are unlikely, but it sounded good.

Anyways, I'll try to get the scoop from her the next time I see her, including the motor, pkg and options she selected.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a Chiefs fan! Unless, of course, you want to root for a winning team! :) Of course, they are 3-0 this year.

PS: I'm not a big football fan, but do hear plenty from those around me who are!

Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a Chiefs fan! Unless, of course, you want to root for a winning team! :) Of course, they are 3-0 this year.

PS: I'm not a big football fan, but do hear plenty from those around me who are!

Well, my father-in-law and I are huge Broncos fans (just went to the MNF Broncos/Raiders game), having his girl friend rooting for the Chiefs makes for some good times and jokes, but would prefer she root for the hometown winner. And I know the Chiefs are 3-0, but after going 2-14 last year, I need more proof they are a winning team.

Congrats V8-X, or congrats to your wife, or congrats that the looking/deciding/buying frenzy is over. I have a pal in FL who has a first gen, 2008 or 2009 Rouge and it's been a great car without a single problem. I hope that's the case with yours.

I am glad it's over, finally. And she loved every minute of the looking and test drives. The point she started hating the process, and almost said she didn't want a new car was sitting down with the salesman and playing the game.

I sure hope it's flawless and lasts us a long time. Know there were issues with the Rogue CVT in the first couple years, but sounds like most (if not all) those CVT issues have been resolved.

Well you're from St. Louis so that's understandable........

That could explain it!

Oh, and I can't remember for sure...who has a more recent Super Bowl win, StL or Atlanta? Or, heck, a Super Bowl win period? :)

Problem with sports, is sure that history is nice, but it's a "what have you done for me lately" industry, so those prior years mean nothing this season.

Problem with sports, is sure that history is nice, but it's a "what have you done for me lately" industry, so those prior years mean nothing this season.

Which is why I'm a Cardinals fan. :)

But yeah, it's amazing what a year can do. As you already mentioned, the Chiefs have won more games than all of last year. The Pirates are another great example. Glad to see them in the playoffs this year. The Nationals...a force last year, not even making the playoffs this year.

Actually, mid-MO, so I don't claim StL or KC. :)

Oh, and I can't remember for sure...who has a more recent Super Bowl win, StL or Atlanta? Or, heck, a Super Bowl win period? :)

Actually, mid-MO, so I don't claim StL or KC. :)

Ouch!

Falcon fan Tic