2015 F-Series Super Duty

ice-capades

It usually means there is a part or software that needs to be updated but is currently unavailable. When it becomes available the dealers will make the update and then they can be sold. Or it could be some legal certification that they're waiting on.

If ford was doing a minor update to an already proven motor, why in the world are they having problems? They should have ironed out any issues before they went into production. However, Ford needs to make sure & get this right.

My understanding is they changed part suppliers for the 2015 models and this is where the nightmare has started. Bad move on Ford's part. I just canceled my Platinum that was built on Monday and reordering shortly once everything has been straightened out. Not going to be the guinea pig.

Mine just happens to have the caribou so I'm still a month+ out on production. Hopefully they will have the kinks all worked out. I figured you might cancel & reorder based on how severe the problems were.

Ya I'm going with the Bronze Fire, just not sure if I'm sticking with the Platinum or switching to the KR. Either way, I have to wait till 4/17 to be scheduled so I'm in the same boat as you. I can only assume that Ford will have everything fixed by then and fresh runs on new trucks instead of repaired parts on a already built truck. Crossing my fingers!!

Edited by blwnsmoke

Ya I'm going with the Bronze Fire, just not sure if I'm sticking with the Platinum or switching to the KR. Either way, I have to wait till 4/17 to be scheduled so I'm in the same boat as you. I can only assume that Ford will have everything fixed by then and fresh runs on new trucks instead of repaired parts on a already built truck. Crossing my fingers!!

Is 4/17 the new build date for all the late availability? Or is that just for bronze fire? It's curious that Ford didn't vet the new supplier before they started using them. Seems very shortsighted. They have made great strides since Mulally came on board but still have a long way to go to match Japanese engineering IMO. At what point will you know it's safe to reorder? Do you know people working on the line that can verify the problems are cleared up? If my build date gets close at all & problems still abound, I'll want to cancel my build as well.

4/17 is the day that they start to get scheduled. It doesn't necessarily mean they will be built that day. I decided to go with the KR bronze/caribou combo. My guy I'm going through is holding my order but is going to push it through as soon as the issues are resolved and have it built. I'm hoping for another 7-10 days and then have it built but I'm not having it done until he knows for sure they are all resolved.

The reason for the late color production probably has to do with the launch of the new Expedition & Navigator We are building more SUV's to finish the model year out. . I remember seeing that they are canceling some colors and adding some new ones. As far as the issues, that is why Ford holds the new model for 30 days or so. This happens almost every year. They change something and then the suppliers or production has some issues. They get resolved and shipped out.

4/17 is the day that they start to get scheduled. It doesn't necessarily mean they will be built that day. I decided to go with the KR bronze/caribou combo. My guy I'm going through is holding my order but is going to push it through as soon as the issues are resolved and have it built. I'm hoping for another 7-10 days and then have it built but I'm not having it done until he knows for sure they are all resolved.

I too am looking at ordering a KR in Bronze/Caribou. What interior did you go with? I see the interiors choices are listed as Adobe or Black. Can you verify if all KR's have the brown Mesa leather seats and the Adobe or Black only refers to the door/dash panels and carpeting? Thanks.

I too am looking at ordering a KR in Bronze/Caribou. What interior did you go with? I see the interiors choices are listed as Adobe or Black. Can you verify if all KR's have the brown Mesa leather seats and the Adobe or Black only refers to the door/dash panels and carpeting? Thanks.

I went with the Adobe. I wanted it with my Platinum but they only offer the Pecan. As soon as I canceled that one and reordered, Adobe was the only color I wanted. I had the black on my 07 and love the look of the two tone interior of the Adobe. Seats remain Mesa Brown. As you said, it is the carpet, door panels but also includes the steering column, parts of the dashboard and center console.

You can build one on ford.com and change the interiors to see. I did it for you but they aren't the greatest quality since it's of the computer screen. But you get the idea.

Black

IMG_20140330_120042_986_zps0du94ba1.jpg

Adobe

IMG_20140330_120028_642_zpsdvmpmnw5.jpg

Any word on the engine issues yet? You thought you might be ordering your new one soon if they ironed it all out. I'm curious as well as to when the new ivi will make its debut from QNX (Blackberry RIM). They have been trying to keep it a secret but it's the worse secret ever. I would hope that vehicles could be upgraded to the new software when it's released but because of a change in platform it probably is more complicated than that. Fords CR & JD Power ratings have taken a huge hit based on SYNC ivi. There again when your dropping serious coin on an f350 you want it all to be flawless. Based on all the bad feelings over SYNC it may be worthwhile to wait until they replace the system (just don't know if it's sooner or later, read that they were talking 2015s or 2016s). Anyway I was mainly after an update on the engine.

I have not heard anything yet. I did read on another forum that they were starting back up today but it was not from the people that I know so I'm not taking that as fact. I have no clue about blackberry... I've had MFT and ever since the 3.6.2 it has been almost flawless. I have no complaints and can't wait to have it in my truck. There is definitely a learning curve and add that to an older crowd it doesn't fair well. 3.6.2 is what Ford should have released from the beginning.

I've been told that they have a TON (thousands) of trucks all on hold and they are doing off site repairs to them.

I placed my order again on 3/28 but it is not being pushed through until my guy tells me it is safe. Last I was told, 3rd week of April.

We have never stopped running the diesel engine. They still have a hold on them. We are repairing them at the factory. There are no off site repairs going on. Some trucks are probably being held off site, but they come back to the factory for any repairs. As far as SYNC, I have no clue when they are changing to blackberry. I'm hearing that 2017 model is a major change.

Waloud, I have a copy/paste of Ford's screen that is showing trucks being repaired off site so I don't understand why it would say that based on what you just said.

Are you saying the 15 diesel trucks are still being built? I'd assume the motors are still being built but if Ford hasn't scheduled or accepted orders (6.7 or trucks with backup camera) for almost the past month, how can the trucks still be built? I would have thought they would have hit the end of production by now of the original orders up to the time of stopping the order scheduling.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Yes we are still building diesels trucks and back up cameras. I've been driving them everyday. I haven't seen or heard of any repairs being done off site. They would have to clear this with the UAW before doing so. If any have been delivered to dealers, then they would do the repairs. Not sure what you are seeing in your Ford screen.

We started taking orders back in late Jan or early Feb. We started running 10 hrs per shift with tagging this week to gain about 2 extra hrs of production a day.

The only thing I can think of is that they were not building customer orders, only dealer stock (100% opinion). I was told last night that they are running 20 hour days at the plant now.

I have seen a few people say they just got a VIN assigned the past day or two.

Edited by blwnsmoke

I will say I had a delayed '11 when they were coming out of the gate in '10, back then it was a front end alignment issue. KTP had trucks parked everywhere, including rented space offsite. You could drive by and see hundreds of trucks waiting repair. I will say the people did an excellent job in building and repairs, that truck was flawless. I know it sucks to wait, heck I'm waiting too, but they will get these things built and shipped quick. I think they can do 1,500 trucks a day. You don't have to worry about issues, your truck will arrive in top shape. The one thing that made me mad though, was dealer stock arriving before mine...not sure how that all works, but trust me, all your problems seem to go away when you are driving it off the lot.

• Like 1

The one thing that made me mad though, was dealer stock arriving before mine...not sure how that all works,

Simple. When Ford starts building a new model they have to go 5 straight days with no flaws. One flaw and the 5 day clock starts over. The vehicles built during this time have to be inspected and potentially fixed before they can be shipped. Sometimes these vehicles can sit for weeks waiting for repairs (witness the Fusion/MKZ launch fiasco), so they build dealer stock orders first so if there is a big delay it won't affect retail orders. Once the OK to buy is given and they can start shipping vehicles right off the line then they start building retail orders. In the meantime the backlog of vehicles built previously start shipping as they're inspected which means there will be dealer stock showing up before retail orders but that's better than having your retail order sitting in a lot for weeks and weeks (ask the Fusion/MKZ buyers).