MAP downtime?

MTPwife

Yeah, I'm not buying into the re-tooling theory for this month. But we do know they are remodeling the Engine Line, and they want(ed) to do it over Christmas break. Nobody believes they can get it done in those 10-11 days, so now we're hearing we may get all the weeks in December and be down for that month.

Now that is believable about December. But your right about the 10yrs and no Seniority, if you weren't hired in the 80's or earlier then your humpin the line. Good luck !

No Decker we heard that there all going to Oakville after there retooling, so good luck following that ! :stirpot:

• Like 1

Greed!!!! You should never wish for people to be laid off! Think about somebody that has kids to feed and they get laid off, it's sad for anyone to lose there job! Your a real union brother!

Well said littlecountry!

the problem is that MAP cant build anything right..Shut down a shift i'm ready for some O.T.

Its the people who dont show up,same people same days.Have people with a year who long form constantly so its always a double up.thats where the quality issues are,but that being said no way do I want to go back to 2 crews!! I love my 3 days off!!! Take that whole 5 10s every other saturday crap,wad it up nice and tight and......do whatever you want with it,just keep it away from me!!!!

• Like 1

Well said littlecountry!

Its the people who dont show up,same people same days.Have people with a year who long form constantly so its always a double up.thats where the quality issues are,but that being said no way do I want to go back to 2 crews!! I love my 3 days off!!! Take that whole 5 10s every other saturday crap,wad it up nice and tight and......do whatever you want with it,just keep it away from me!!!!

It's the LTS and @ 2nd tier But that's what they get for having a 2 tiered system who wants to kill themselves for $14 can't buy a new car or house for that.!

It's the LTS and @ 2nd tier But that's what they get for having a 2 tiered system who wants to kill themselves for $14 can't buy a new car or house for that.!

The 2nd Tier pay tops out at $19 plus, all this bullshit talk about who wants to work for the 2nd Tier wage, let it go, if your a 2nd Tier employee and you don't like working for the hourly rate that you were told you would be making when you got hired on then quit and go find another job that will pay you $19 plus an hour....

Ford is not the only company that pays its workers different wages, it's a common practice in the workplace now.

You got nobody to blame but yourself if your unhappy with your hourly rate and you continue to remain employed by Ford,cause you can quit at any time.

It's not like you did not know there was a 2 Tier system in place before you got hired, let it go and be thankful you have a job!

• Like 2

The 2nd Tier pay tops out at $19 plus, all this bullshit talk about who wants to work for the 2nd Tier wage, let it go, if your a 2nd Tier employee and you don't like working for the hourly rate that you were told you would be making when you got hired on then quit and go find another job that will pay you $19 plus an hour....

Ford is not the only company that pays its workers different wages, it's a common practice in the workplace now.

You got nobody to blame but yourself if your unhappy with your hourly rate and you continue to remain employed by Ford,cause you can quit at any time.

It's not like you did not know there was a 2 Tier system in place before you got hired, let it go and be thankful you have a job!

If I had to work there for $19 an hour I probly would quit and I'm sure next contract they will get a raise and we won't So enjoy your current wage until you retire if you can.. while everything else goes up.!

Edited by mtprubberrat

I had been working 5 yrs by '07 and 9 yrs by '11, respectively, when they started implementing the 2 tier system. I got fucked, and I doubt I'll ever "get over it".

I don't blame you I got fucked 3 times back in the 90's with that part time 89 day then lay you off shit then got fucked when MTP supposedly closed and the union led all the high seniority to body to get get fucked and never return when they said you could..People don't read these contracts and sign anything for a few dollars and say "just be happy you have a Job" ok yes I'm happy I have a job but when your union fucks you all the time it gets kinda old.! We are going to be retirees soon and people need to think about that more than the now.!

• Like 1

If I had to work there for $19 an hour I probly would quit and I'm sure next contract they will get a raise and we won't So enjoy your current wage until you retire if you can.. while everything else goes up.!

I don't expect a raise so i will enjoy my current wage, I see the big picture and you can't change it, times have changed, stop stressing over the 2 tier thing just go to work and enjoy life!

I had been working 5 yrs by '07 and 9 yrs by '11, respectively, when they started implementing the 2 tier system. I got fucked, and I doubt I'll ever "get over it".

Why did you accept a job with Ford as a 2nd Tier employee if you feel you were screwed before you ever got hired?

I mean if the wages are that bad and you got screwed over and you hold a grudge, why work for a company that screwed you over and pays you an awful wage? Just curious why you accepted the job?

Well I guess if I drank the Koolaid I could see the big picture...........WOW :poke:

Bahlieve it..! lot's of ppl waiting in line for the kool-aid that's gonna be handed out next cotract..I'm sure they are going to bring their wage up and make it sound like a great triumph for the union and of course there will be a bonus and no raise for us... another cup of kool-aid please.!

Edited by mtprubberrat