Good job gun nut!

The called some of them exactly that. Like the Colt Navy..

And that makes its use by civilians somehow taboo. It sounds scarier. Admit it. That's the only reason the media uses the term after repeatedly being called out for misusing the even scarier term "assault rifle".

Edited by NickF1011

I find it kinda amusing that people who support concealed carry because they could be subject to crime at nearly any moment are surprised that you can't leave a gun lying around and unsupervised. Really what is it? Crime is so rampant that you have to armed nearly every waking moment but you don't have to put stuff away and lock doors?

I find it amusing that you seem fine with the idea of theft. It is NOT the victims fault... I might even start to let my dogs out at night.

Irregardless... I do find it a bit odd that only the AR is missing....

I find it amusing that you seem fine with the idea of theft. It is NOT the victims fault... I might even start to let my dogs out at night.

Irregardless... I do find it a bit odd that only the AR is missing....

Hell no, i am not ok with theft. It's just that you can't leave guns lying around unsecured in an unlocked garage. Hell, i don't like leaving my tools in an unlocked garage overnight let alone a firearm.

Yes, the gun and a gps and the gun is property of the college age son. Perhaps the boy has a gambling or drug debt? Wouldn't be the first college kid with that issue.

Maybe locking up your valuables is enabling criminals.

Like putting up the breakables around babies instead of raising them to not touch the breakables.

Yes, because you can control what a 5 year does

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/23/justice/texas-babysitter-gun-death/

(CNN) - A woman who was babysitting a 5-year-old who fatally shot himself Monday with her gun has been charged with abandoning or endangering a child, a felony, and jailed in Orange County, Texas, police said Wednesday.

Yes, because you can control what a 5 year does

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/23/justice/texas-babysitter-gun-death/

(CNN) - A woman who was babysitting a 5-year-old who fatally shot himself Monday with her gun has been charged with abandoning or endangering a child, a felony, and jailed in Orange County, Texas, police said Wednesday.

Mother was 4.95 years too late doing her job.

Are you blaming a 5 year old?

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

I still find it a bit coincidental that on the very night the gun was left unsecured is the same night of the burglary.

It either means the gun(s) were left unsecured on a routine basis, or there's something else going on.

I'm hoping that it's nothing more than a garage door left open, but my money is on something more. The statement her rep gave makes me wonder.

Ellmers spokesman Thomas Doheny says the congresswoman was in Washington when the rifle was stolen but declined to discuss details, citing the ongoing police investigation. He added that, as a mother, Ellmers is concerned that the rifle was left unsecured.
"Her family is very big on gun safety and she wants to get to the bottom of this herself," Doheny said.

It sounds like her spokesman just told the world not only is there possibly more to it, but that she might keep her husbands balls in a jar at her office.

The only problem with your contention is that concealed carry permit holders commit crimes at a rate LOWER than that of the general population, and as states have liberalized rules covering who can obtain a permit since the early 1990s, the crime rate has fallen dramatically. If all of those gun owners were really that irresponsible, we wouldn't be witnessing the great drop in crime that has occurred over the past 20+ years.

I hope you aren't trying to say the crime rate has fallen due to concealed carry. Absolutely zero credible research to show that, or any connection to the crime rate at all. It's called the "Lott fallacy", because John Lott - the origin of such frivolous claims - conducts questionable "research".

The crime rate drops are part of a national trend. Correlation never proves causation, but it does help lot sell a lot of books to gun fanatics.

I hope you aren't trying to say the crime rate has fallen due to concealed carry. Absolutely zero credible research to show that, or any connection to the crime rate at all. It's called the "Lott fallacy", because John Lott - the origin of such frivolous claims - conducts questionable "research".

The crime rate drops are part of a national trend. Correlation never proves causation, but it does help lot sell a lot of books to gun fanatics.

Just as much as saying there is no correlation sells to anti-gun fanatics.

Just as much as saying there is no correlation sells to anti-gun fanatics.

You mean no causation. We can correlate a lot of things to reduced crime. But we can't prove one thing nor do I believe it is one thing. Crime

rates reflect to many circumstances and issues within our country and to tie them into anyone thing is either knowingly partisan or ignorant.

Crime rates are affected by economic mobility & opportunity, drug usage, education, social prevention ( education, concealed carry, social activities with neighborhoods) and even law enforcement strategies. I would pick economic opportunity and mobility as more influencial than the others with neighborhood involvement second. Concealed carry would be way down the list.

My justification for that is simply that the highest crime areas have a large population of firearms. Perhaps not legal firearms but none the less they are not areas with minimal gun ownership.

You mean no causation. We can correlate a lot of things to reduced crime. But we can't prove one thing nor do I believe it is one thing. Crime

rates reflect to many circumstances and issues within our country and to tie them into anyone thing is either knowingly partisan or ignorant.

Crime rates are affected by economic mobility & opportunity, drug usage, education, social prevention ( education, concealed carry, social activities with neighborhoods) and even law enforcement strategies. I would pick economic opportunity and mobility as more influencial than the others with neighborhood involvement second. Concealed carry would be way down the list.

My justification for that is simply that the highest crime areas have a large population of firearms. Perhaps not legal firearms but none the less they are not areas with minimal gun ownership.

It's not that I disagree with that but I do disagree with the mentality that labels people who support the 2nd Amendment and the right to carry a firearm as "gun fanatics" (or gun nut). It's just an effort to demonize something that Spaniard and people of his point of view don't agree with. They can't make a sound and logical argument for their point of view so they have to resort demonizing and name calling in an effort to get others to join their political point of view. But here is reality, there are millions of responsible and good owners of firearms in this country who are very well aware that a firearm is a dangerous weapon that must be treated with respect and care. They should not an will not be punished because of the actions of other less responsible gun owners. There are also millions of people in this country who have spent too much time playing call of duty and think of a gun as just a toy to have fun with. By that same token there are also millions of people in this country who get behind the wheel of car and think that public roads are a place for them to act out their GTA and Forza Motorsports fantasies. They are terrible and dangerous drivers. In any given year, however, I would bet that more people are killed by a bunch of dumb asses behind the wheel of a car doing something stupid than are killed by some dumb ass with an AR-15. I don't see Spaniard calling them "car fanatics" or demanding that we ban cars.

Edited by BlackHorse

Crimes are committed in greater percentages in large urban areas due to opportunity.

It's the greatest concentration of criminals and victims.

You can't pin it to a single cause like guns, when psychopathy plays a greater role in the criminals' minds than the gun may in their hands.

I'm hoping that it's nothing more than a garage door left open, but my money is on something more. The statement her rep gave makes me wonder.

It sounds like her spokesman just told the world not only is there possibly more to it, but that she might keep her husbands balls in a jar at her office.

There is also the possibility she was targeted, due to her public life.

There are people around here (where I live) that truly hate the woman for defeating the incumbent Representative Bob "Who are you" Etheridge.

It's not that I disagree with that but I do disagree with the mentality that labels people who support the 2nd Amendment and the right to carry a firearm as "gun fanatics" (or gun nut). It's just an effort to demonize something that Spaniard and people of his point of view don't agree with. They can't make a sound and logical argument for their point of view so they have to resort demonizing and name calling in an effort to get others to join their political point of view. But here is reality, there are millions of responsible and good owners of firearms in this country who are very well aware that a firearm is a dangerous weapon that must be treated with respect and care. They should not an will not be punished because of the actions of other less responsible gun owners. There are also millions of people in this country who have spent too much time playing call of duty and think of a gun as just a toy to have fun with. By that same token there are also millions of people in this country who get behind the wheel of car and think that public roads are a place for them to act out their GTA and Forza Motorsports fantasies. They are terrible and dangerous drivers. In any given year, however, I would bet that more people are killed by a bunch of dumb asses behind the wheel of a car doing something stupid than are killed by some dumb ass with an AR-15. I don't see Spaniard calling them "car fanatics" or demanding that we ban cars.

And those people who call gun control advocates "gun grabbers?" Are they are attempting to demonize their opposition in order to gain more people to their side and unable to make thoughtful arguments also?

Adrian Garcia, Sheriff of Harris County (which includes the city of Houston), Democrat and outspoken gun control supporter, had his home burglarized in September in which a loaded and unsecured pistol was stolen. I guess it can happen to anyone, even those sworn to protect and serve.

It can happen to anyone but it's a bit more telling when your backed by the supposed leader in gun safety, the NRA. Your an advocate for gun safes how do you feel when people leave their weapon in the garage lying against the safe and it gets stolen? Seems a bit like they are careless and lazy. I don't think people leaving guns under beds or closets are being thoughtful but at the very least it was in a home that was locked. That keeps the low hanging fruit out.

An unlocked garage lets the stupid neighborhood kids in the mix.

It can happen to anyone but it's a bit more telling when your backed by the supposed leader in gun safety, the NRA. Your an advocate for gun safes how do you feel when people leave their weapon in the garage lying against the safe and it gets stolen? Seems a bit like they are careless and lazy. I don't think people leaving guns under beds or closets are being thoughtful but at the very least it was in a home that was locked. That keeps the low hanging fruit out.

No doubt leaving it in an unlocked garage is pretty dumb but shouldn't a law enforcement office (especially the top one) that preaches gun control secure his firearms in a safe when he's not at home? I keep my handguns in a safe (except for my daily carry) even when I'm AT home. It's common sense to me.

The point is, even the best of us make mistakes. I don't think Sheriff Garcia is an idiot. By all accounts, he's a pretty good guy (other than being for gun control). 99% of the time he probably does secure his weapons but he happened to get robbed in that 1% time he didn't By the same token, that could be said of Ellmer's husband as well. The fact that it was left leaning against the gun safe after he had been shooting tells me they normally secure their weapons. He made a stupid mistake by not securing it right then.

I think in both case there was a "it'll be OK and I'll get to it later" kind of attitude.

And those people who call gun control advocates "gun grabbers?" Are they are attempting to demonize their opposition in order to gain more people to their side and unable to make thoughtful arguments also?

Yes they are demonizing the gun control advocates. Both sides do it. The difference being that those who favor the idea of taking firearms away from us are 100% in the wrong and always will be. That is because study after study has shown that taking firearms away from law abiding citizens will only embolden criminals to act out violently against those they know are now unarmed. It will only embolden criminals to break into homes where they know people cannot defend themselves with deadly force. The ability to use deadly force to protect yourself is a natural right that even the most basic animals in nature have. In the case of human beings, given that we are far more intelligently advanced than any other species on the planet, that natural right means that we have used our technology in place of sticks and rocks and biting. It means firearms. Bad things happen in life and sometimes bad people do bad things that we wish wouldn't happen. Taking firearms away is not going to change that, it will only make it worse. There is no sound argument against that, it is basic, undeniable and unchangeable reality. Every human being on the planet should be allowed to own firearms if they so choose. Those who oppose it are in the wrong, period.

Are you blaming the rape victim?

She shouldn't have worn that dress to THAT place. She should have known what would happen.

Yes, you are blaming the victim, not the rapist.

(Waiting on the response that we are not talking about rape........when we are.....when it comes to blaming the victim.)

No doubt leaving it in an unlocked garage is pretty dumb but shouldn't a law enforcement office (especially the top one) that preaches gun control secure his firearms in a safe when he's not at home? I keep my handguns in a safe (except for my daily carry) even when I'm AT home. It's common sense to me.

The point is, even the best of us make mistakes. I don't think Sheriff Garcia is an idiot. By all accounts, he's a pretty good guy (other than being for gun control). 99% of the time he probably does secure his weapons but he happened to get robbed in that 1% time he didn't By the same token, that could be said of Ellmer's husband as well. The fact that it was left leaning against the gun safe after he had been shooting tells me they normally secure their weapons. He made a stupid mistake by not securing it right then.

I think in both case there was a "it'll be OK and I'll get to it later" kind of attitude.

I think they both probably more thoughtful than that, but my general feeling is that something is going on in the Ellmers case. It could be as simple as leaving the garage door up but like I said earlier I'm leaning towards their son.

Are you blaming the rape victim?

She shouldn't have worn that dress to THAT place. She should have known what would happen.

Yes, you are blaming the victim, not the rapist.

(Waiting on the response that we are not talking about rape........when we are.....when it comes to blaming the victim.)

Nope never told them they deserved it. As a matter of fact they don't deserve to be robbed or raped. Or raped with an AR-15 either.

But we are not talking mother raping, robbing or even father raping. We are talking about lazy care of a firearm, which might end up in a crime in the future. That's the shame of it all.

(No one ever raped a girl and then sold the vagina which ended up being used in a crime. )

Nope never told them they deserved it. As a matter of fact they don't deserve to be robbed or raped. Or raped with an AR-15 either.

But we are not talking mother raping, robbing or even father raping. We are talking about lazy care of a firearm, which might end up in a crime in the future. That's the shame of it all.

(No one ever raped a girl and then sold the vagina which ended up being used in a crime. )

Again, it's the victims fault.

Where you should say that a firearm should be stored to prevent children from using it without maturity to understand their use and dangers.

As a young girl should be raised to abstain from sex until she understands the consequences.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany