International wants to raise dues

imageneral

Unfortunately, WE won't have a say. It will be up to the Delegates at the convention. And since so many of those are Union ass kissers trying to get appointments...you already know it will pass.

Its gonna be real hard to keep people paying dues in Michigan after 2015...this could be the final straw for those on the fence

• Like 2

Recently received a phone survey about Unions, our dues, and my opinion on what the Union does or theoretically should do with our money. The final few questions were how I would feel if our dues were raised 1/3 of 1 percent. I responded with an answer of completely unsatisfied/unhappy, then had to fess up that it wouldn't affect me immediately since I'm sitting in MN on ILO. She ended the survey shortly after that, but heads-up current actives: math whizzes - figure out what 1/3 of 1 percent is and that is what you're looking at for a dues increase.

Recently received a phone survey about Unions, our dues, and my opinion on what the Union does or theoretically should do with our money. The final few questions were how I would feel if our dues were raised 1/3 of 1 percent. I responded with an answer of completely unsatisfied/unhappy, then had to fess up that it wouldn't affect me immediately since I'm sitting in MN on ILO. She ended the survey shortly after that, but heads-up current actives: math whizzes - figure out what 1/3 of 1 percent is and that is what you're looking at for a dues increase.

Why are you on ILO with all the hiring Ford has been doing?

Long story, I'll try to keep it brief: 1992 seniority, 5 children, 4 still in school, 3 weeks after plant closure my wife is diagnosed with breast cancer. Decision was to not transfer, take care of wife and kids, not disrupt life by uprooting, moving, finding new doctors, etc. Past 2 years have been very difficult, but recently landed a new position as a service writer at a Dealership (also a union position). Still have the option to transfer as openings occur, but can't pull the trigger yet. After 8 months of treatment, my wife is now cancer-free so we are just trying to maintain a 'normal' life for the family. Lots of variables and considerations went into my decisions, not sure if I made all the right choices but I had to do what I had to do.

Just thought the increase in dues to be a timely topic since the phone survey was only a few days ago.

I'd be making sure that the delegates that you elect are going to vote as the membership directs. I know they are not required to do so but you'd better watch who you elect to go to convention....just saying. I'm a delegate and I know that I was the only one from my local who voted against the IUAW getting raises. It's like a bloody Hoover convention at the CON CON! Everyone sucking up!

• Like 3

To our delegates, leaders and elected officials...you want to raise a shit storm? This is a sure fire way to do it. How about approaching the company to reopen the contract to negotiate some items back in good standing? How about some AWS language across the board? How about fixing and giving more VAC AND PERS time. Changing usage from 8 to 10 hour increments to be handed out to new hires on AWS. Keep up the shit and the two tier will see what it is! I cannot believe the IUAW would ask for this after my 15 years in with all the profits the company is making!

• Like 1

Why...the union will never have the balls to ever go on a strike again?

Never "have" to strike unless there were no other bargaining tools/strategies left to bargain with---.

With the UAW strategy of filling our plants with product and investments thanks 2007 and 2011 contracts, the IUAW now has leverage on possible raises across the board.---

The only weakness is the strike fund that would only sustain a short strike and the companies all (All UAW including GM, Chrysler, Agricultural Implementation, Heavy Truck etc, etc,) know that they can starve out the UAW and drain the fund thus breaking a strike for less than what would be attainable with a robust strike fund.

I am thankful for the benefit of paying my dues and being represented by the UAW for my awesome wages, vacation, personal time and 20 holidays paid per year among many other great benefits that non-UAW will never get without union representation

A small increase in dues, building the war chest will only gain leverage for raises, job security and increased benefits in for all 2015

Never "have" to strike unless there were no other bargaining tools/strategies left to bargain with---.

With the UAW strategy of filling our plants with product and investments thanks 2007 and 2011 contracts, the IUAW now has leverage on possible raises across the board.---

The only weakness is the strike fund that would only sustain a short strike and the companies all (All UAW including GM, Chrysler, Agricultural Implementation, Heavy Truck etc, etc,) know that they can starve out the UAW and drain the fund thus breaking a strike for less than what would be attainable with a robust strike fund.

I am thankful for the benefit of paying my dues and being represented by the UAW for my awesome wages, vacation, personal time and 20 holidays paid per year among many other great benefits that non-UAW will never get without union representation

A small increase in dues, building the war chest will only gain leverage for raises, job security and increased benefits in for all 2015

You do realize both GM and Chrysler are now outside the leverage you speak of????

What the hell??? you drinking........ smoking....sniff`in......

Decker

• Like 1

You do realize both GM and Chrysler are now outside the leverage you speak of????

What the hell??? you drinking........ smoking....sniff`in......

Decker

Dear Uneducated One,

The no-strike clause that forces disputes to binding arbitration for GM and Chrysler expires in 2015

You are welcome, in advance for the education--

TT

Decker, sounds like TT is a book of knowledge. He must have forgot that the same group that is in charge of the IUAW now were the authors of the 2009 concession package to give up the right to strike. What is even more amazing and sad is that Chicago Assembly's Chairman, President and Bargaining Team went along with putting a motion at Sub-Council on the floor to raise all UAW members dues and they were the only ones from any plant to do so. These individuals signed for the 2009 concession package which gave up the right to strike, and no nonsense about the company being in dire straits, the day after the vote failed the company posted over $1 billion in profits. This is going to be some legacy for our Chairman, President and Bargaining Team. They certainly are going to be popular with the hundred thousand plus UAW members paying on average $344.00 dollars per year in increased dues.

• Like 2

Your a real tool...., you sound so eager to pay union dues how about you pay mine to!

Building the war chest? Do you realize the company and the union are on the same side, so there will be no war, the union no longer looks out for the employee they look out for the company!

• Like 3

So, me not being a numbers guy, and IF I decide to take a transfer and become an 'active' member, what real $ are we talking about? The phone survey lady asked me about my opinion of 1/3 of 1 percent - of what? - hourly wage, current dues, Mullaly's salary? Anyone have a thought of actual $ increase? Would it become based on 2 1/2 hours per month?

• Like 2

So, me not being a numbers guy, and IF I decide to take a transfer and become an 'active' member, what real $ are we talking about? The phone survey lady asked me about my opinion of 1/3 of 1 percent - of what? - hourly wage, current dues, Mullaly's salary? Anyone have a thought of actual $ increase? Would it become based on 2 1/2 hours per month?

Give us more pay and the due's will increase it's that simply.

• Like 2