• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to yank anyone's chain about have television at work - I've just never heard of such a thing in my life. To me it is just common sense that it would be a distraction from your job, and the fewer mistakes on the line, the more efficient the plant is, and the company and the employee both makes more money in the long run.

Both my 94 and 02 Grand Marquis are great vehicles (old one is still running around - sold it to the son of the guy who insulated my house last year), but please, will Ford spend a little coin and update it so I can buy a new one someday?

I watch TV at my work station and have let one repair go in the past year.I do my job and I do it well. I build the car as if it were mine. There are alot of workers just like me, a happy worker is a good worker. See how many repairs go down the line if they cut the cable just before hockey season. There are more drunk's and druggies sending crap down the line then distracted workers watching their TV's. This is why quality sucks not to mention the supervisors pushing s*** out the door's, they need to clean up this before they need to worry about cutting cable, then maybe quality will be job 1.

I watch TV at my work station and have let one repair go in the past year.I do my job and I do it well. I build the car as if it were mine. There are alot of workers just like me, a happy worker is a good worker. See how many repairs go down the line if they cut the cable just before hockey season. There are more drunk's and druggies sending crap down the line then distracted workers watching their TV's. This is why quality sucks not to mention the supervisors pushing s*** out the door's, they need to clean up this before they need to worry about cutting cable, then maybe quality will be job 1.

im with you on that one,wouldnt want to be a foreman if cables are cut.

We all know how much Canadians love their hockey! :hysterical: :cheerleader:

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

Edited by StevenJ

For the record. Most people are't "Watching TV & Half doing their jobs" they are "Doing their jobs and half-watching TV" It's mostly something to listen to and glance at between cars.

Anyway, our jobs are so repititous that we can do them with our eyes closed, so what's the big deal if your eyes are on a tv for 1 or 2 seconds out of every minute?

Quality does NOT suffer or they would have pulled the cables out years before I ever came to Ford.

yS

For the record. Most people are't "Watching TV & Half doing their jobs" they are "Doing their jobs and half-watching TV" It's mostly something to listen to and glance at between cars.

Anyway, our jobs are so repititous that we can do them with our eyes closed, so what's the big deal if your eyes are on a tv for 1 or 2 seconds out of every minute?

Quality does NOT suffer or they would have pulled the cables out years before I ever came to Ford.

yS

good answer i second that, watching tv isnt the problem its the supervisors quick fixing shit when u have a quality issue it never gets resolved properly.

good answer i second that, watching tv isnt the problem its the supervisors quick fixing shit when u have a quality issue it never gets resolved properly.

Speaking of quality issues have they got rid of those damned sealed "for the life of the part :slap: " ball joints...

• 3 weeks later...
- new front and rear styling enhancements. Ford should upgrade the grille of the Crown Victoria to reflect a more modern Fusion-like grille. Grand Marquis like the Milan and a strong, classy waterfall grille on the Town Car.

Nah... make it resemble the Mustang instead. The Fusion has a look that import buyers like. The Mustang style says 'domestic' all the way. And the Crown Vic is every bit as domestic as the Mustang.

And the style of the Mustang is every bit as successful as the Fusion.

However, I think the Five Hundred would look good with a Fusion nose job.

So doing that, they'll have an import-style big car in the Five Hundred and a domestic-style big car in the Crown Vic.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

"When I was in engineering school in college, I took a tour of the Honda Accord plant in Marysville, OH.

Rest assured there was not a single person watching television. It just blows my mind that a $30,000 piece of machinery is being assembled by guys paying half-attention while that are watching television."

It's not like Honduh is leading the pack these days... but really...when there are Crown Vics out there running for 450,000 miles (my sister's 1988 CVPI) and others with 700,000 miles (NYC taxis), who can say quality suffered because of tv's??? YOU CAN'T!

Town Car is going to STAP. Crown Vic/Marquis will be around until probably 2011 or 2012, AT THE LEAST. I can see them staying longer than that.

2009 WILL see a refreshed Crown Vic. Many details are still sealed tight, but you can count on big changes! Some changes will start to surface with the 2008 MY.

God, how I love these Panther cars... I salute every single one of you at STAP. You make me proud.

"When I was in engineering school in college, I took a tour of the Honda Accord plant in Marysville, OH.

Rest assured there was not a single person watching television. It just blows my mind that a $30,000 piece of machinery is being assembled by guys paying half-attention while that are watching television."

It's not like Honduh is leading the pack these days... but really...when there are Crown Vics out there running for 450,000 miles (my sister's 1988 CVPI) and others with 700,000 miles (NYC taxis), who can say quality suffered because of tv's??? YOU CAN'T!

Town Car is going to STAP. Crown Vic/Marquis will be around until probably 2011 or 2012, AT THE LEAST. I can see them staying longer than that.

2009 WILL see a refreshed Crown Vic. Many details are still sealed tight, but you can count on big changes! Some changes will start to surface with the 2008 MY.

God, how I love these Panther cars... I salute every single one of you at STAP. You make me proud.

Well the changes must be under the sheet metal cause I didn't see any difference on the 2008 that

went thru here in March of 2006

Apparently my bank has recieved a letter from Ford stating that when we are reduced to one shift that there

will be 800 jobs lost but 800 buyouts will be offered to eligible employees(28.1 years and up). Why they sent letters to banks I don't know but take the info as you will!!! Anyone else hear anything about this as well?? Just wondering........

Another question.............how many STAP employees have 28 years service?? My guess would be nowhere near 800.........

Just interesting that your guess would be no where near 800...why?How many guys do you think have that kind of senority?If you work at STAP I find it a bit hard to believe that you don't think there are 800 workers with 28+ years here.

As far as I understand the buyouts how many ever you believe 700-900 are the total of guys 28 years and higher.I hear it could go back a bit farther with holiday time accounted for so possibly alittle less then 28.There were alot of hires in 1977 so I'd think the ~800 number is pretty darn close.