Im a hard worker and im not dying, im being laid off while other lazy pieces of shit with high seniority get to stay......their games are starting to piss me off.

Are you upset because I have a lot more seniority, a better job because of my seniority, a choice of staying or leaving because of my seniority?

Maybe you're afraid of what the future holds for you and the fear makes you lash out at others.

Edited by STAP

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you upset because I have a lot more seniority, a better job because of my seniority, a choice of staying or leaving because of my seniority?

Maybe you're afraid of what the future holds for you and the fear makes you lash out at others.

......No, i've got a problem with LAZY people and stop attacking me thanks

I deeply regret my vicious and unprovoked attack,via keyboard, upon yourself. Had I known your delicate state I would have used less abusive language.I can only pray your fellow workers fail to notice your red and puffy tear stained eyes.

Love always, a deeply repentant STAP

Maybe , just maybe when you have put your time in and get some serious seniority you will get a LAZY job too, but by then you will be saying you earned it , right junior jockey? :stop: whining and do your time!

I would like to respond as well to the dilemma at the STAP. I believe our Junior member isn't upset with the employees who have gained their seniority with their blood, sweat and tears. I think he is referring to the ones who haven't done a damn thing the whole entire time they have worked at the plant. I think a good example of this is someone who I believe works on the B shift IP line (very good chance everyone knows who I am talking about). He Hasn't done a damn thing for the company or anyone else for that matter, He is all about himself and what he can gain from doing the least amount of work. It is guys like this useless SOB that it is unfortunate that the company can't just get rid of types like this, instead of the younger guys who are more than willing to build the best car possible, and not whine and complain every step of the way! Just my two cents ;o)

Edited by keepfocused

The deadweight are both in the junior and senior groups. Luckily those selfish, lazy, wouldn't know a good thing if they see one, needing a crack in their F***ing heads loosers don't out number the rest of us who keep the plant running and take pride in what they do.

It's pretty sad that Whitey and the rest of the brass is pleading our case to the company while at the same time the line is down because there's not enough workers on the line.

It's pretty sad that while the rest of us are working there's guys snorting their drugs on the line or staggering around because they're shit-faced. The Foremen aren't the only ones that need to grow some balls so do the union. They are only protecting the ones that are making their fight harder.

I don't care if someone has had the hardest life in the world and generally the dogF***ers haven't, if you have a file that is inches thick all for the same things your ass should be gone. I'm sure that there would be a thousand people out in the real world willing to take your place for the money you make and show up to work and do what's expected.

When the layoffs happen all I hope is that some of those seniors who think their going to keep working their usual 4hrs a day and paid for 8 are going to have a rude awkening when the company makes you stay for 8hrs. And the junior dogF***ers who are looking for a new job when the layoff comes, welcome back to the real world. :slap:

So what is the perception of the buyout "take rate"? Is it going well? Without being on the inside looking out, I would have expected a take rate of perhaps 33%.........but for the sake of those employees facing layoff, a much higher rate would be nice.

Comments?

Any further word on the Town Car? recent speculation was that the Town car would be killed off before moving to STAP..........and would, in effect, be replaced by a stretched Ford 500 (Chicago).

As for the Town Car I would think that it is on it's way due to the month of July being our shut down to re tool. Hopefully in early Jan we will have a understanding of what will be taking place in the near future as for layoffs and how much production we will be doing. As for the dog F@#&^%s the union needs to let the company deal with them the way any other normal company would. I like the union and what they have done over the years since I have been there but if there was no union I would keep my job.

Does the town car make much difference ? We need a new product at stap to stay open for more than 3 more years or so, crown vic and town car and the grand marquis are all being discontinued sometime around 2010 or 2011 so if we go to one shift in 07 then with no new products coming stap will close around 2010 it looks like even if the town car comes.

Edited by stap1520

Maybe , just maybe when you have put your time in and get some serious seniority you will get a LAZY job too, but by then you will be saying you earned it , right junior jockey? :stop: whining and do your time!

That's a pretty bold statement coming from a guy who dissapears for over half the shift, ignores when people need to go for washroom breaks at any cost, then flat out refuses when his foreman asks him to cover a job while a medical is needed. You shouldn't throw stones when you are one of the people in question. No one is denying that you did your time and worked your ass off to get to where you are at right now, but at the same time, the last thing you should be doing is pointing your finger at others when you infact are one of the people that you are trying to scold!!!

Sorry if this in any way hurts your feelings because I know who you are and I think you are one of the best if not the best painter I have had the pleasure of working with, it's just a matter of getting you to do something other than work on a show car once or twice a year...the rest of the time is a write off!!!!

So what is the perception of the buyout "take rate"? Is it going well? Without being on the inside looking out, I would have expected a take rate of perhaps 33%.........but for the sake of those employees facing layoff, a much higher rate would be nice.

Comments?

Any further word on the Town Car? recent speculation was that the Town car would be killed off before moving to STAP..........and would, in effect, be replaced by a stretched Ford 500 (Chicago).

I work in the Body Shop and this past week there were a group of guys walking around with a bunch of blue prints. The writing on the prints that I could read said Wixom Equipment Replacement. Take it as you will but to me it sounds like their pricing out what it would cost to move it to STAP. Lets hope, I was told by one of the Foreman that they want the first Town Car of the line sometime in Nov 07.

That's a pretty bold statement coming from a guy who dissapears for over half the shift, ignores when people need to go for washroom breaks at any cost, then flat out refuses when his foreman asks him to cover a job while a medical is needed. You shouldn't throw stones when you are one of the people in question. No one is denying that you did your time and worked your ass off to get to where you are at right now, but at the same time, the last thing you should be doing is pointing your finger at others when you infact are one of the people that you are trying to scold!!!

Sorry if this in any way hurts your feelings because I know who you are and I think you are one of the best if not the best painter I have had the pleasure of working with, it's just a matter of getting you to do something other than work on a show car once or twice a year...the rest of the time is a write off!!!!

Your first 2 sentences are nothing but SHIT and you know it :finger:

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ? The last time I saw anyone staggering around the plant was 1980!!! Who are you working with ? I've been on the line for years , and if somone has a user problem they certainly don't parade around and display it! The vast majority of S.T.A.P employees are hard working good people and my experience with the party animals out there is that they are happy to be there and are not hard to get along with. Most of the nutters have grown up and if you say this shit goes on then they must be new-hires , but most of the new-hires I know don't even eat red meat , new age shit ,you know?

The plant has doggers just like everywhere else but it aint anywhere near the old days.

P.S. The Union does need to tell a few people to get thier shit together or say goodbye!!!!

The deadweight are both in the junior and senior groups. Luckily those selfish, lazy, wouldn't know a good thing if they see one, needing a crack in their F***ing heads loosers don't out number the rest of us who keep the plant running and take pride in what they do.

It's pretty sad that Whitey and the rest of the brass is pleading our case to the company while at the same time the line is down because there's not enough workers on the line.

It's pretty sad that while the rest of us are working there's guys snorting their drugs on the line or staggering around because they're shit-faced. The Foremen aren't the only ones that need to grow some balls so do the union. They are only protecting the ones that are making their fight harder.

I don't care if someone has had the hardest life in the world and generally the dogF***ers haven't, if you have a file that is inches thick all for the same things your ass should be gone. I'm sure that there would be a thousand people out in the real world willing to take your place for the money you make and show up to work and do what's expected.

When the layoffs happen all I hope is that some of those seniors who think their going to keep working their usual 4hrs a day and paid for 8 are going to have a rude awkening when the company makes you stay for 8hrs. And the junior dogF***ers who are looking for a new job when the layoff comes, welcome back to the real world. :slap:

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ? The last time I saw anyone staggering around the plant was 1980!!! Who are you working with ? I've been on the line for years , and if somone has a user problem they certainly don't parade around and display it! The vast majority of S.T.A.P employees are hard working good people and my experience with the party animals out there is that they are happy to be there and are not hard to get along with. Most of the nutters have grown up and if you say this shit goes on then they must be new-hires , but most of the new-hires I know don't even eat red meat , new age shit ,you know?

The plant has doggers just like everywhere else but it aint anywhere near the old days.

P.S. The Union does need to tell a few people to get thier shit together or say goodbye!!!!

I guess where you work you might not see it but on line one there has been a couple of workers who have the usual habbit of taking long lunches and and having a little trouble working when they decide to show up. As I said it's the small number that are the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
wellwhat happened with whitey today ?????......3 pm news was to be released on the buyout ammount

70,000 plus 25,000 for a car ?????

anybody hear yet ???

The early info says " 50,000 for 1-5 years

60,000 for 5-7 years,

75,000 for 7 and up

30,000 toward the purchase of a car for 30+

Again, it's early info and I'm sure some info is wrong and some is problably missing

Edited by xstapr

• 3 weeks later...
well seems like Whitey got back from some meeting with FMC and the GM is done

looks like just the Vicky and Town Car for production ........this may be the way to keep 1 shift production doable

What is Ford thinking, eliminate a vehicle that is a good seller rather than update it to sell more.

What is Ford thinking, eliminate a vehicle that is a good seller rather than update it to sell more.

What else is new for Ford. They cry about loosing sales all the while they cut the throat of their cash cow. Seems like this is the only way to keep it one shift. :titanic: