Washed keyblade..

rhummer

So, fun question...

I have the keyblade for my 2013, no Remote Start :\

My wife accidentally washed her keys today, and now her key blade is shorting out and triggering the panic alarm. Does anyone know if you are able to open these easily with out breaking it? Looking at the owners manually and not seeing a picture like the remote start fob, I want to say they are not meant to be open with out being broken.

Thanks!

Related question: Is there a way to disable the panic alarm completely? I don't foresee myself ever using it at all. If I was in a true panic situation, I think reaching for my keys to hit the horn button would be the last thing on my mind. The only times it goes off are when I accidentally lean against the button when it's in my pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

I disabled mine by opening the fob, then I put a small piece of paper across the contact for the panic alarm. Now the panic will not go off by accident and there is no damage to the fob.

How'd you open it up? I absolutely hate this keyfob design. All too often I hit the panic button just because. And I used to work about 30 feet from the parking lot, so at least once or twice a week I'd do it. I've even come out at the end of the day to notice my liftgate was opened. Damn this stupid keyfob.

How'd you open it up? I absolutely hate this keyfob design. All too often I hit the panic button just because. And I used to work about 30 feet from the parking lot, so at least once or twice a week I'd do it. I've even come out at the end of the day to notice my liftgate was opened. Damn this stupid keyfob.

Wow! Sounds like a lot is going on in your pants.

Wow! Sounds like a lot is going on in your pants.

I have my keyfob, pen, flash drive, and chapstick in my pocket. I think it's either the flash drive or chapstick that pushes the button, typically as I stand up / sit down. I'm wondering if I actually put the fob on a key chain with other keys on it if the other keys would "protect" the buttons from getting pushed.