Tire Review: Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season Plus

gopack471

Got new Pirelli P7 CInturato All Season Plus tires put on the car Saturday morning and have driven about 250 miles so far. I only have about 15,000 on the car but I've had it with the OEM Goodyear Eagles. Every time it rains or especially snows those tires are a nightmare. I have the 18" luxury rims on the SE (235/45). The new tires are expensive and I had a good bit of tread left on the Goodyears, but I am absolutely thrilled I made the switch.

PROS: Handling is a night and day difference. Way way better in any conditions, but it's very noticeable in the snow. We had an inch or two of snow/ freezing rain / slush yesterday in NJ, and the tires handled it no problem. Not a single skid under normal conditions. I tried to test them by jamming on the brakes from about 30mph a few times and while they do certainly skid/ engage ABS, I'd say my stopping distance is about 1/3 that on the Goodyears and I skid much less often. Getting going in an unplowed driveway gave me no problems either where I've had serious problems moving with the Goodyears before. Today now that roads have dried out a little bit I've noticed a difference in dry handling as well. The car overall just feels firmer and sturdier.

The tires also have a 70,000 mile tread life warranty.

CONS: Not too many. I do feel that if I step on the gas to get up to highway speed maybe there's a little more resistance than on the OEM Goodyears, but the tires are still better once they're up to speed. They're not low rolling resistance and I don't expect any improvement in gas mileage.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the switch.

Edited by gopack471

• 1 month later...

Yeah, definitely not impressed with the Goodyears at all, especially in the snow like you mentioned. I bought my '13 in Jan '13 and left the tires as is, and had lots of traction problems when there was only an inch on the ground. Granted, to get to my house it is very hard in snow. I live up on a hill that is on a dead end. So you go up 1 hill off the main road which isn't bad, turn left up a hill and then right up another hill. By that second turn you lose all momentum.

But I digress. I had a 2000 Lincoln LS before the Fusion, and definitely needed snow tires for that sucker where I lived. Luckily, the wheels and tires match the exact spec of the Fusion with the 16" wheels (minus the different lug nut type: flat vs acorn). Threw those on this year and a world of a difference. Only bad thing is now the Goodyears will take even longer to wear out. I just don't have the disposable income to buy new tires when these are "decent" enough in non snow weather, but I agree they are nothing special in rain either.

I saw those on tire rack. I'm waiting to see if any 19" Fusion reviews pop up. We have Continental OEM right now and they are nice. I can throw the car into turns with no screech and they perform well all around. No snow or rain (big drought) near me so we've only driven in perfect conditions.

Edited by Hydro

• 1 year later...

My dealer said I have "flat spots" on my rear tires, which are the Continental ContiProContact 235/40 R19 96V that come installed on the 19" H-Spokes. I have a Hybrid Titanium, but purchased the H-spokes and put them on 1 day after taking ownership of my '13 HyTi.

There is noticeable road noise coming from the rear tires, but flat spots on tires that have 32,000 miles and are only 2 years old? The service manager had no good explanation, but offered to replace all 4 tires for $1200. I declined.

I was searching Tire Rack and found the Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus as highly rated and they are $219 each. I searched BOF and found this thread. It seems that these are LRR with an "EcoImpact" description.

It's been a year since anyone has posted in this thread. Any updates?

OE tires are picked for their blend of characteristics. They must first be low rolling resistance, then ride well and be quiet. Traction never seems to be a high priority. That being said, they are usually not the best tires. Former Expedition owner, how often do you rotate the tires? IF they have never been rotated, they will get choppy due to the alignment specs of the rear suspension.