2013 Ford Fusion Titanium Driver Alert Sounds

tcavagna

I noticed the other day that the BLIS system changes to different sounds sometimes. I was backing out of my driveway the other day and the Cross Traffic Alert went off because a car was passing behind me. The sound for the Cross Traffic Alert was a beeping sound. I am not use to the alert being a long constant beep. I have never heard the alternating beeping sound before and have always remember it being a constant sound. Does anyone know why the sound changes from a beeping sound to a long constant sound?

for me it's always been a beeping sound. I only get the constant sound when backing up and the parking sensors go into the red zone.

So whenever your cross traffic alert I detects a vehicle passing behind you the alert is a destict beeping sound that alternates on and off? Also, what about the BLIS system when a vehicle is passing you on the highway and you have your turning signal on, will the BLIS light in the mirror flash and sound a tone?... the reason I ask is because this feature also is not working properly. I have no alerts when my turning signal is on and a car is passing me on the highway.

Is anyone else having a similar problem?

i guess i might be confused with what you were asking. for cross traffic i get something that sounds like "beep,beep,beep,beep..." whereas with backup sensors in the red zone it's just one constant beep or tone. i get the lights on my mirrors on for BLIS but I haven't actually tried making a lane change to test it. I have had the forward collision warning come up, though when a car slows to make a turn at an intersection, for example.

Cross traffic alert is a solid tone. Rear parking aid starts out as an intermittent beep then gets closer together until it finally goes solid when you're about to hit an object. I've never tried the turn signal with a BLIS alert - mine has never made a sound. That might be a configurable option or I've just never had my blinker on at the same time.

I think the most obtrusive sound is forward collision warning, and for good reason. Radio fades out, solid beeping tone, red light on the windshield.

Cross traffic alert is something I wish my Fusion had.

• Like 1

I think the most obtrusive sound is forward collision warning, and for good reason. Radio fades out, solid beeping tone, red light on the windshield.

Cross traffic alert is something I wish my Fusion had.

Cross traffic is great because it alerts you to vehicles you can't see when you're backing out of a space surrounded by tall vehicles.

There is a specific intersection where cars line up to turn left and the road makes a sharp bend to the right. Collision warning thinks I'm about to hit the vehicles turning left right before the road turns back to the right. It also goes off if a car in front is turning right and I don't slow down enough even though I have plenty of room. Better to have a few false alarms than not have any warning when you need it.

No, it's definitely not the parking sensors because I manually turned them off when I was testing the Cross Traffic Alert. It seems like when I turn my car on for the first time in a few days the alert is a beeping sound but when I readily use my car numerous times a day the alert is a solid tone.

In my FFH I don't have parking sensors. My cross-traffic alert beeps when there is traffic. It changes to a solid alert when the traffic is nearer or just about on top of me. When I back out of the garage it alerts a solid tone as the trash cans are within two feet of the backing car.

Edited by hermans