Strange noise when breaking. Go forward, break, go reverse break.

expresspotato

Hi all,

I've had this issue for more than I can remeber, the car didn't have this noise until the TSB for the Ping / Click / Pop sound was done. Now ever morning the car makes a vary serious metal breaking sound.

Look at these videos below. It happens every single morning, has anyone had any expeirnece? They a the second last time I was there the technician reproduced it. Now they said they can't reproduce it and they need to be able to do it again. The nerve of the dealship is insane, they told me "Could be uneven road surfaces" what a jerk.

http://youtu.be/4x6itN2it-E

http://youtu.be/V_i318sA3p4

Edited by expresspotato

Have you gotten Ashley involved over on the FFH Forum? She has done a great job of getting worthless dealer service departments motivated to fix customer issues. Perhaps the dealer did a bad job installing the cracking noise fix and then caused a problem. It sounds like metal on metal.

Does it happen going both forward and backward? Does it happen when the steering wheel is turned as well as straight?

Have you gotten Ashley involved over on the FFH Forum? She has done a great job of getting worthless dealer service departments motivated to fix customer issues. Perhaps the dealer did a bad job installing the cracking noise fix and then caused a problem. It sounds like metal on metal.

Does it happen going both forward and backward? Does it happen when the steering wheel is turned as well as straight?

Thanks for the advice!

I will contact her on Friday if the issue isn't resolved, they're going to have a new CV shaft tomorrow that will be replace (ie: again, it was their first guess for the cracking noise).

Edited by expresspotato

This is a serious problem on a $36,000 CAD car...

Anyways the trip to the dealer did not help, the issue still remains. I will try once more and will gather all the documentation I can and might need to end up going to CAMVAP for arbitration. I am only kicking my self for not doing it earlier, if my car was under 30,000 KM when I started abitration I would have gotten nearly 100% of the purchase price back if they chose to do a buy-back (30% odds). Will probably also try another dealer too, the problem is it only occurrs after the car is cold and has sat for an hour.

Otherwise I'm out about $5-8,000 for "Use of the vehicle".