2014 Fusion Titanium Order 20 Weeks?

ismo

That sucks Minx88. Even longer wait than mine. I ordered April 7 ! And build week is may 26. Not understanding how yours was ordered first but production is later. They must not expect to get a certain part till then. Or your dealer slacked on ordering timely. Regardless, im sorry you are having to wait so long like the rest of us. :(

Minx88, you can alsoask your dealer for a copy of the Dora sheet (order sheet). It will have date actually ordered on it. Won't help get your car faster but might help to get the dealer to add window tint, extra year of oil changes, etc on them. Just a thought

Do you have at least an order number and dealer number? If you do you can try calling Ford Customer Service: 1-800-392-3673

They were pretty helpful to me in the beginning. They gave me a VIN number 2 weeks before my dealer did. Even though my dealer said he'd keep checking and let me know as soon he got it.

You never HAVE to take the car you order, but you'll most likely lose out on the $500 you spent to order it.

Ford Customer Service even called my dealer directly to ask them for information, that made my dealer unhappy and they started helping me a little bit more.

That's even better, I'm pretty sure you have no obligation to buy the car. I'm not 100% how the x-plan plays into that. I know that once you purchase the car you have to keep it for 6 months before you can sell it, not that I plan on doing that!

Car was delivered Monday evening and I picked her up last night. I'm in love with it already.

So my final timeline is:

02/01/14 - Ordered Fusion at dealership (X-Plan Order)

02/11/14 - Order placed by the dealership (was told by Ford Customer Service that order was priority)

03/22/14 - VIN assigned

04/28/14 - Scheduled to Date

04/29/14 - Build Day

05/12/14 - Car delivered to dealer

05/13/14 - Fusion is in my possession!

So total time frame was around 3.5 months. I only got to drive her for about an hour last night, but I think we're going to be very happy together :)

• Like 2

Well, I ended up canceling my order. Was called today by my dealer and told there is a delay in the build date(was supposed to be May 26th). My car would not have made it here until mid to late July. Possible later from what he was told. Luckily I found another one in stock about 70 miles away. Just has a couple small options I didn't want. But I get to pick it tomorrow. Excited... No more waiting......

• Like 1

I would call your dealer Minx88. If your dealer cannot tell you, call Ford customer service 1-800-392-3673. After my dealer told me about the delay I called Ford and they confirmed. Said I didn't get exactly/only what I want but I love the one I decided on. My dealer gave me a killer deal as well for my trouble.

From what I understand, the delay was from them slowing down the 2014 production line. I ended up getting an extra $1000 off on top of my X-Plan price.

It was worth the wait for me in the end for me. I'm in love with my new car. I'm having some issues with my Sirius trial at the moment, but that's a whole different story. I'm so angry with Sirius that even after having it for the past 2 years I might cancel it entirely after the current trial.

I'm in love with mine. Just got it tinted today. My dealer also gave me another $1000 off for the hassle. Then got home and in the mail was an additional $750 customer loyalty discount offer. So it really worked out.

What issue are you having with Sirius?

Ended up getting an almost exact match Fusion. Traded a heated steering wheel for rear parking sensors for the same price. Plus got 3500 in rebates instead of 3000. Guess I waited the perfect amount of time. A happy Fusion owner now!

You can thank the fleet world for such slow delivery!

Ford offers competitive pricing to big companies. In order to help fight for contracts, ford will only allow fleet vehicles to be made in Mexico. Due to cheaper labor & import costs, this helps lower the overall price of the vehicle in mass units.

So pretty much american consumer = Michigan plant.

Fleet (rental cars, big companies, ect) = Mexico plant.

..no idea where special orders come in at - but I assume the USA plant as everyone wants to live by the “American made” joke of marketing..

Anywho, hope this helps!