MAP unemployment screw up AGAIN

According to the UIA rep I talked to, Ford will file the claim this week. I haven't had much success filing claims online, it asks questions that I don't know the answers to (dates of layoffs dating back to 2012, etc). You can call Monday if you want to file yourself, but after their major screwup from December, Ford was reliable during our last layoff; hopefully they'll step up this time as well. We can always hope...

Clearly everything changes minute by minute with our unemployment but last I heard we call after Wednesday for last week and then next week we certify for the week coming up. I never understood why we cant do like the 'OL days just wait and certify two weeks at a time..but as EVERYONE knows to well...we aint in the 'OL days anymore...but like I said this may have changed. ..so dont be too hard on me if my info is outdated...but that was the info given in the plant memo...

Clearly everything changes minute by minute with our unemployment but last I heard we call after Wednesday for last week and then next week we certify for the week coming up. I never understood why we cant do like the 'OL days just wait and certify two weeks at a time..but as EVERYONE knows to well...we aint in the 'OL days anymore...but like I said this may have changed. ..so dont be too hard on me if my info is outdated...but that was the info given in the plant memo...

The problem we are facing is NOT the UIA office. its 100% FORD. They are not even filing the claim for these weeks until the middle of the second week, when they should be filing the very first week of any layofrf. Ford is delaying things for some unknown reason. Regardless, Ford is once again telling us to ignore the Unemployment office rules, and do things FORDS way. That right there tells anyone with half a brain that this is not a problem with the unemployment office computer changes, that Ford wants us to believe it is.

I wonder if the reasoning is due to having to pay out the C crew sub in full for the first week, as they are too stupid to have the layoff start on Sunday, and have C Crew come back to work on Sunday instead of Monday. Add up 362.00 multiplied by the number of people on C crew, and you are talking a lot of money being paid out at one time. What a savings Ford could realize if only they worked within the framework of the Michigan Unemployment system. If a layman like me can see that sort of savings, why can't Ford?

• Like 1

I totally agree with you and I believe C crew is part of that issue. .Actually for c crew the last day worked should be on Saturday. .Sunday for Unemployment for the State of Michigan starts its new week on Sunday...the fact the c crew works that last Sunday routinely. .in my humble opinion I believe that throws everything off.

The problem we are facing is NOT the UIA office. its 100% FORD. They are not even filing the claim for these weeks until the middle of the second week, when they should be filing the very first week of any layofrf. Ford is delaying things for some unknown reason. Regardless, Ford is once again telling us to ignore the Unemployment office rules, and do things FORDS way. That right there tells anyone with half a brain that this is not a problem with the unemployment office computer changes, that Ford wants us to believe it is.

I wonder if the reasoning is due to having to pay out the C crew sub in full for the first week, as they are too stupid to have the layoff start on Sunday, and have C Crew come back to work on Sunday instead of Monday. Add up 362.00 multiplied by the number of people on C crew, and you are talking a lot of money being paid out at one time. What a savings Ford could realize if only they worked within the framework of the Michigan Unemployment system. If a layman like me can see that sort of savings, why can't Ford?

Ford can't just change the end of the weeks pay period for you just to match the state.

And if they started your layoff on a Sunday that would mean they pay you short work week for Sunday night and then short work week the week you came back for the Monday , Friday and Saturday you did not work.

Wow you guys are really silly .

I see you skipped over the part when he said "you guys are silly"...yes that was a classy comment wasn't it??? There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING EDUCATED. ..but spread your information in a positive way...talking down to a person or silly lil insults and name calling is for kids!!! We are all grown..being respectful is ageless. ....but ya dish it out be able to receive it......

I see you skipped over the part when he said "you guys are silly"...yes that was a classy comment wasn't it??? There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING EDUCATED. ..but spread your information in a positive way...talking down to a person or silly lil insults and name calling is for kids!!! We are all grown..being respectful is ageless. ....but ya dish it out be able to receive it......

I'm here if you ever need anything WayneGirl.

I work at this Silly place called Ford but after my shift ends I will be able to assist your non silly self.

• Like 1

I tried to certify online today and the weeks its asking me to claim are not the weeks we were off, it was asking me to claim weeks in April. Now what the hell do I do?

Just answer the questions honestly: Eg: "Are you certifying for week ending 4/26/14?" Click NO.

Edited by madime39

Tried to certify also. It has weeks from April on there. Has anyone waived those weeks to see if the week we are suppose to certify for is in there? I would just like for this to go smoothly for once!!!

Edited by MTP wife