Updated MKZ interior?

Seats look a little too narrow for my liking, bring back the old school!

Just hate these interiors in these new cars, That's my opinion. They all look the same, feel the same and it's feels like you are sitting cramped in a space capsule.

Different generations I suppose. Give me supportive seats and the sculpted interior of a modern car any day. And the "look the same" argument is the same one people say of exterior design. Ask a kid today to identify a newer car by its interior or exterior and he probably could in many cases. Ask a kid to identify a 40 year old car by its interior or exterior and they'd probably be stumped. It's a matter of what you were raised on.

Yeah, that's true. Too many new vehicles share the same simplistic styling cues and interior effects. It's a generational thing...But I tell these young people this... You haven't driven a real car unless you drove a classic RWD vehicle or pick-up truck.

There's a certain nostalgia and feeling of simplicity in older cars that can make them enjoyable to own and drive, but it's a stretch to claim that many of them were actually better than most new vehicles in any significant way.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, that's true. Too many new vehicles share the same simplistic styling cues and interior effects. It's a generational thing...But I tell these young people this... You haven't driven a real car unless you drove a classic RWD vehicle or pick-up truck.

Nice looking though rose colored glasses...most cars since 1970 look identical to one another.

Thats going on over 45 years ago!

Nice looking though rose colored glasses...most cars since 1970 look identical to one another.

Thats going on over 45 years ago!

And most people who have only bought cars since 1970 will tell you most cars of similar vintage prior to 1970 look the same too. :shrug:

• Like 2