First Drive: Lexus NX

Wow - the F sport doesn't even get more power?

I do expect to see a Green Label hybrid MKC within the next 12 months. There is still room for a red label performance version with the 2.7L EB and AWD if Ford chooses to do that (assuming there is a suitable tranny/AWD drivetrain that fits).

Eh. Doubt it, unless there's an Escape going along with it.

I think Lincoln is planning to have performance models and hybrid models across the board, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see a hybrid MKC as part of that plan. C-max already has a hybrid/PIH powertrain available for the platform so I don't think it's required that Escape have it too.

I think Lincoln is planning to have performance models and hybrid models across the board, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see a hybrid MKC as part of that plan. C-max already has a hybrid/PIH powertrain available for the platform so I don't think it's required that Escape have it too.

Depends how many unique parts it will require to use the C-Max's setup in the MKC. Plus if Lincoln determines there's enough demand for a hybrid small CUV, then I would think the folks at Ford would reach the same conclusion and want to be in on the party.

Depends how many unique parts it will require to use the C-Max's setup in the MKC. Plus if Lincoln determines there's enough demand for a hybrid small CUV, then I would think the folks at Ford would reach the same conclusion and want to be in on the party.

If they have production capacity for Escape hybrid and enough hybrid components to go around and they're not worried about simply cannibalizing C-max sales.

I don't think there are any technical issues with offering an Escape or MKC hybrid. It comes down to production capability and marketing.

If they have production capacity for Escape hybrid and enough hybrid components to go around and they're not worried about simply cannibalizing C-max sales.

I don't think there are any technical issues with offering an Escape or MKC hybrid. It comes down to production capability and marketing.

Far as I'm concerned, the C-Max is a dud. Escape Hybrid would likely be able to sell at lower cost at higher prices.

Far as I'm concerned, the C-Max is a dud. Escape Hybrid would likely be able to sell at lower cost at higher prices.

Given current sales that may be true. I really thought C-max would do well being a hybrid only design like Prius.

"...With the NX, Lexus is looking for a younger, and slightly less ovarian, demographic. So it’s out with the pillowy exterior forms long associated with the RX and in with a relatively riotous interplay of creases and folds from the NX concept and the big, X-shaped grille that first appeared in the 2012 GS sedan. After all, who doesn’t like to get spindle-faced every now and then? ..."

I think the MKC has too much of a "ovarian/fermium" look for me to consider.

I think the MKC has too much of a "ovarian/fermium" look for me to consider.

I tend to agree. Could change my mind with some subtle exterior and performance tweaks though to give it a little more aggressiveness, so here's hoping they do a Red Label version that may appeal to me.